Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    It wouldnt matter one bit. But he is one of those I hate woke culture and he is vert very homophobic. There were a lot of issues and still are between him and myself because I came out. He often refers to me as my dad's 4th daughter and tells his kids to call me Aunt Nick. They do not.
    Off topic, but I am so sorry you have to put up with an ass like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Off topic, but I am so sorry you have to put up with an ass like that.
    Thank you. But I very much avoid him. Lucky for me I dont drive and he lives an hour away. So I have no reason to speak with him
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I grew up in the 80s and I'm pretty sure gay people did rule the fashion world at that point. We did NOT dress any better lol
    I didnt see a lot of leisure suits and Bell Bottoms growing up in the 80's so they did something right.

When did those MC Hammer Pants become a thing? Lets do more that!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I didnt see a lot of leisure suits and Bell Bottoms growing up in the 80's so they did something right.

When did those MC Hammer Pants become a thing? Lets do more that!
    No but you did see A LOT more day-glo and neon, yeesh!! And "parachute/Hammer pants" were a late 80s/early 90s invention. I don't want them back either but I do prefer the more baggy style in the mid 90s to the skinny jeans of today.

No but you did see A LOT more day-glo and neon, yeesh!! And "parachute/Hammer pants" were a late 80s/early 90s invention. I don't want them back either but I do prefer the more baggy style in the mid 90s to the skinny jeans of today.
    I hate skinny jeans and I question anyone who wears them. And tight shirts? Why do people do that.? Like I can forgive big people like myself who wear tight shirts. I mean if we order a 5x it better me USA 5x not normal world sizes 5x! I want baggy and comfy. And I own 3 pairs of Hammer pants. I love them! Neon? Im on board!

And tight shirts? Why do people do that.?
    Buff muscle-y bros to show off. I hate them...

It wouldnt matter one bit. But he is one of those I hate woke culture and he is vert very homophobic. There were a lot of issues and still are between him and myself because I came out. He often refers to me as my dad's 4th daughter and tells his kids to call me Aunt Nick. They do not.

So he is one of those that even the hint of anything gay or lesbian is just the worst thing in the world and he will have no part of it.

The over all point of my post was more of a he is mad about a character he does not follow or know anything about. And that is how it is with most of the outrage. People have no clue about the character they are mad about.
    I'm sorry about that if you every need someone to talk to DM me and I'll give you ether my number to text or Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm sorry about that if you every need someone to talk to DM me and I'll give you ether my number to text or Facebook
    Thank you very much. That is why I love this place. Everyone is very supportive. I really dont deal with him at all. So it is not too much a point of stress for me. But I am always down for a new friend

In 1969 Westerns collapsed with a similar film and TV release schedule to what we saw in 2017 with supers.

If they didn't die 5 years okay from oversaturated returns, maybe this year is the test? I think people need these kind of movies right now since the things are so tumultuous.

I think we have lots of life for supers yet
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Portman coming back feels like a strange move on the surface, I did not mind her personally, however she seems to be poorly received both by fans and critics alike, most saying she just phoned it in for the two first films.

However we are now at a time when the feminist movement in Hollywood is actually moving. more women in movies now can be leads and co-leads of the film, so perhaps this is why Portman is back. Marvel sold the feminist aspect of the movie to her.
    She was paid well enough to try. And she didn't. It's so rude that she gets a starring film over every other bad ass female in the MCU. And the idea she needs to be 'sold' on her own boring character is... frankly down to her.

Portman isn't getting a solo film here. She's the co-star alongside Chris Hemsworth.
    She's getting a colossal upgrade to the leading hero, in an opportunity not being afforded to any other incredible superheroines. Either way, of all the actresses, she deserved it the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch is always great to watch in anything. Also Sam Raimi is the supposed director for Dr Strange 2. So there is fair curiosity there.
    Heavily disagree there.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Say what?
    Pattinson?
    No, Robert Patterson, the actor in Batman! I can see your confusion, because it's clearly not a mistake made due to the fact I don't know (or care) how to spell his name. It is instead me fully believing there is a separate entity called Robert Patterson, who I believe is playing Batman. Even though I am aware of the existence of the actor Robert Pattinson, I truly believe Robert Patterson is playing Batman in the upcoming movie instead of Pattinson.

Either that or it's a type.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-29-2022 at 03:21 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    She's getting a colossal upgrade to the leading hero, in an opportunity not being afforded to any other incredible superheroines. Either way, of all the actresses, she deserved it the least.
    No. Hemsworth is still the lead. She's a co-star, just as she ever was. And what other female character should become a hero that hasn't yet?

I will agree with Kieran on Portman. She really seemed like she phoned in her performance. She has always been a pretty bland actor at best. She didnt do very well in the Prequal Star Wars movies either. And the only thing I remember that stands out from V for Vendetta is the fact she shaved her head.

I will agree with Kieran on Portman. She really seemed like she phoned in her performance. She has always been a pretty bland actor at best. She didnt do very well in the Prequal Star Wars movies either. And the only thing I remember that stands out from V for Vendetta is the fact she shaved her head.
    I'm not disagreeing with them on her acting ability. I'm saying she isn't taking anything over. And I'm not sure which actresses he's thinking are being disrespected, exactly? All the others in the MCU are already heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    But is it a question of which actress deserves it, or which character?

Anyway, Tessa Thompson is also getting spotlight in this movie and is listed second after Hemsworth, before Portman, on both wikipedia and Marvel's website. And at least for me is the actual reason to watch, since they promise not to downplay her orientation like they did in Ragnarok.

Astonishing Member

Out of all the ones coming out Batman excites me the most. Strange is the one that worries me the most as I do think it will run the risk of being a indulgent fan service fest but Raimi being behind the camera puts me somewhat at ease, even though I’m somewhat mixed on his filmography. Morbius is probably the only one of these that I won’t bother to see in theaters. I’ll wait for streaming for that. I don’t have interest in Thor 4. Ragnarok was a dumb fun, but it simply should’ve taken itself more seriously given the story that was being told; the movie was borderline a comedy and if Taika doesn’t the same thing with this one then count me out and frankly Natalie Portman returning is a big turn off for me considering I don’t think much of her as an actress, and her Jane Foster is probably her worst role she’s ever played second to maybe Padme in the Star Wars prequels. I’ll need a good trailer and good reviews to sway me enough to see this one in theaters.

As for Black Panther 2, it’s a tough one as the tragic circumstances left Marvel with only bad options, request the role or do the movie without Chadwick and they choose the latter. I hope for the best with BP2 but I have no interest in a movie without T’Challa, and it’s going to be a tough hill to climb to convince me otherwise.

As for ITSV2, after the Batman, this is my most anticipated superhero movie of the year. That looks to be another groundbreaking film within the genre and animation in general.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 01-29-2022 at 08:49 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.