Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I would like to see all the bat family come together. Be it a mini series or a full on series

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    When is the next big Bat group crossover event coming?
    Well, we're in Shadow War right now, but that doesn't touch Catwoman, Nightwing, or Batgirls. We'll see if those characters show up. Zdarsky is just starting in July, so I doubt we'll have an event for at least 6 months after he starts, to let him get started.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, we're in Shadow War right now, but that doesn't touch Catwoman, Nightwing, or Batgirls. We'll see if those characters show up. Zdarsky is just starting in July, so I doubt we'll have an event for at least 6 months after he starts, to let him get started.
    Lord knows I hope Zdarsky isn't in a rush to do another event story.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lord knows I hope Zdarsky isn't in a rush to do another event story.
    you know they will, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

you know they will, though.
    I mean, eventually, of course they're going to do it. I just think they should hold off a bit longer.

I mean, eventually, of course they're going to do it. I just think they should hold off a bit longer.
    within 6 months is my prediction. So if there's no event (or at least announcement of event) by January 2023, I will be proved wrong!

Astonishing Member

Zdarksy's talked a bit about wanting to do "Batman and Robin" stories with Bruce and Tim, as opposed to "Bruce and his huge family" things - so I wouldn't bet on him going big on crossovers early on.

Did Tom King go his whole run without a Bat Crossover? It might not be as mandatory as Tynion made it look.

within 6 months is my prediction. So if there's no event (or at least announcement of event) by January 2023, I will be proved wrong!
    Forgive me for hoping you're proved wrong .
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Zdarksy's talked a bit about wanting to do "Batman and Robin" stories with Bruce and Tim, as opposed to "Bruce and his huge family" things - so I wouldn't bet on him going big on crossovers early on.

Did Tom King go his whole run without a Bat Crossover? It might not be as mandatory as Tynion made it look.
    Well, City of Bane didn't really have any tie-in's. I think the most continuity impactful thing King did was Dick getting shot, but I think that came from Dido.

Forgive me for hoping you're proved wrong .

Well, City of Bane didn't really have any tie-in's. I think the most continuity impactful thing King did was Dick getting shot, but I think that came from Dido.
    I wouldn't mind being wrong, I just think it's extremely unlikely that I will be.

Technically, you could count The Wedding as an event that impacted tons of books. (Just a very frustrating and disappointing one ). King was very resistant to crossovers, because he didn't want to tell people what to do (at least, that's his statement). Snyder and Tynion both like them. We'll see what Chip likes. Hasn't he done some crossovers with Daredevil? Though usually driven by another title? Dunno how that will translate to Batman.

I wouldn't mind being wrong, I just think it's extremely unlikely that I will be.

Technically, you could count The Wedding as an event that impacted tons of books. (Just a very frustrating and disappointing one ). King was very resistant to crossovers, because he didn't want to tell people what to do (at least, that's his statement). Snyder and Tynion both like them. We'll see what Chip likes. Hasn't he done some crossovers with Daredevil? Though usually driven by another title? Dunno how that will translate to Batman.
    The Wedding also had tie-ins, but they were fairly superflous even by tie-in standards.

He just recently did a major crossover storyline with Daredevil, but I think that's the biggest thing he's done on a major title.

Quote Originally Posted by IonRyner View Post
    I would like to see all the bat family come together. Be it a mini series or a full on series
    And without any animosity for once. And no making any of them look like idiots...

And DC execs wonder why Wayne Family Adventures has been so well received.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And without any animosity for once. And no making any of them look like idiots...

And DC execs wonder why Wayne Family Adventures has been so well received.
    I think people should take note from the early 90's as far as Batfamily interaction/interplay are concerned...without getting as goofy or parody as Wayne Family Adventures can.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IonRyner View Post
    Don't know I feel with the current size of the Batfamily it is pretty hard to more than half of them in a story, if they should at least contribute something meaningful to the plot.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Even if I have some problems with that mini, I think Seeley also managed that quite well with Robins (opposed to former Robin cross overs like "Robin War" and "Batman and Robin Eternal").

All Robins contribute something and none is popped up at expense of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know I feel with the current size of the Batfamily it is pretty hard to more than half of them in a story, if they should at least contribute something meaningful to the plot.
    Yeah, we've got like...8-10 people? It's practically a full team book .