Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Does Joe Robertson know?

Does Joe know Peter is Spidey and just does not say anything?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Does Joe know Peter is Spidey and just does not say anything?
    One of the Spider-Man books tying into Civil War after Peter unmasked himself in public had Robbie admit that he'd known, or at least suspected, for a long while that Peter was Spider-Man all along, even citing "Occam's razor," a formula claiming the simplest plausible explanation for something was often the correct one, and lambasting himself and Jonah for looking the other way all that time just because Peter's photos (of himself as Spider-Man) were giving The Daily Bugle such big financial and readership gains.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

I prefer no, since it would feel like a Bat-Deduction.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I prefer no, since it would feel like a Bat-Deduction.
    These are supposed to be top-notch investigative reporters working for The Daily Bugle. If Ben Urich could manage to figure out Matt Murdock was Daredevil and yet keep it a secret because he realized it would do more harm than good to have Matt's identity out there in the public eye . . . why not Robbie, and more recently, Jonah, since they interact with Peter a lot more compared to Urich?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    These are supposed to be top-notch investigative reporters working for The Daily Bugle. If Ben Urich could manage to figure out Matt Murdock was Daredevil and yet keep it a secret because he realized it would do more harm than good to have Matt's identity out there in the public eye . . . why not Robbie, and more recently, Jonah, since they interact with Peter a lot more compared to Urich?
    There's a lot of misinformation about Spider-Man that goes around (some by Jonah, other by the various other sources in the world). Even if they suspect, they may not know which accounts are trustworthy and which aren't.

He probably knows, but keeps it to himself out of respect.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

It's been speculated and hinted at he knows and if you compare it to those around Peter. He seems to have a better idea of who Spider-man is than his son and old lady May

I definitely believe that Robbie knows Peter's Spidey, it's hinted well enough that he does, and tbh if he doesn't I definitely think he should know.

I think he knows and just says nothing. I think he knows in the Raimi movies too.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Astonishing Member

Robertson knows. He is too good a reporter and it's hinted through the books that he suspects Peter is Spidey. It's the same with Gordon and Batman. He knows it's Bruce. Just turns a blind eye.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Yes, but it's mostly an unspoken thing. I like that he'll occasionally guide Peter/Spidey, with Pete wondering and then dismissing it. It's much cuter if Pete doesn't actually know that Robbie knows.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Robbie knows, no question.

He has to know. How can he be this great reporter if he cant figure out the only guy in the city who gets shots of Spiderman every time he shows up is really Spiderman.

"How did you get that black eye Peter?"

"Oh when I was taking pics of Spiderman for the 25th time today some one punched me."

"I choose to believe that Peter."

Wasnt there a scene in one of the Spiderman Rami movies (It has been a long time since I have seen them) where some one comments about how odd it is Peter is always there to get pics of Spider and Robbie gives him a side ways glance and is like "Yea it is isnt it." Or something like that.

it also would say a lot for Robbie if they just reveal he does know and is sitting on the biggest story in years and chooses not to run it because he A. loves and respects Peter and B. knows it would hurt the city because Peter could not do his Job as Spiderman well any more.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He has to know. How can he be this great reporter if he cant figure out the only guy in the city who gets shots of Spiderman every time he shows up is really Spiderman.

"How did you get that black eye Peter?"

"Oh when I was taking pics of Spiderman for the 25th time today some one punched me."

"I choose to believe that Peter."
    To be fair, that's everyone around Peter, even though Spider-Man and Peter have shown up together more than once, it's hard to believe they're not the same person if you pay attention lol.

Wasnt there a scene in one of the Spiderman Rami movies (It has been a long time since I have seen them) where some one comments about how odd it is Peter is always there to get pics of Spider and Robbie gives him a side ways glance and is like "Yea it is isnt it." Or something like that.
    I think that scene is from the second movie, and he looks really saddened when he learns Spidey gave up, and while that could be a case of him just being sad a hero gave up in general, it could also mean that since he knows Peter is Spider-Man, he's sad because he thinks something bad is happening with Peter.

it also would say a lot for Robbie if they just reveal he does know and is sitting on the biggest story in years and chooses not to run it because he A. loves and respects Peter and B. knows it would hurt the city because Peter could not do his Job as Spiderman well any more.
    The question would be "Now what?", 'cause if it's revealed that he knows Spidey's secret identity, would the writers be willing to change anything about his relationship with Peter? Zdarsky got the ball rolling in how JJ knowing Peter's secret identity changed their interactions, so something like that would need to be done too, and work in a way that it's not retconned away.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

There was an untold Tales of Spider-Man issue during the Ben Reily era which had Ben flashing back to when Robbie and Captain Stacy were investigating Spider-Man. Peter was pretty damn worried because with the both of them on the case, it wasn't a matter of if, but when. And Captain Stacy does indeed figure it out, but resolved to keep his secret until the day he died.

Robbie either has already figured it out or will soon. Especially given Jonah's COMPLETE 180 regarding Spider-Man