Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The question would be "Now what?", 'cause if it's revealed that he knows Spidey's secret identity, would the writers be willing to change anything about his relationship with Peter? Zdarsky got the ball rolling in how JJ knowing Peter's secret identity changed their interactions, so something like that would need to be done too, and work in a way that it's not retconned away.
    To be honest I think it would be more interesting if Robertson knows but the writers dont make a huge deal of it. Like the characters relationship with the hero always changes. but it doesnt need to. If Robertson already suspects then why would having it confirmed change things so much? Maybe have a thought bubble making reference to it from time to time but nothing has to change.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    He has to know. How can he be this great reporter if he cant figure out the only guy in the city who gets shots of Spiderman every time he shows up is really Spiderman.

"How did you get that black eye Peter?"

"Oh when I was taking pics of Spiderman for the 25th time today some one punched me."

"I choose to believe that Peter."

Wasnt there a scene in one of the Spiderman Rami movies (It has been a long time since I have seen them) where some one comments about how odd it is Peter is always there to get pics of Spider and Robbie gives him a side ways glance and is like "Yea it is isnt it." Or something like that.

it also would say a lot for Robbie if they just reveal he does know and is sitting on the biggest story in years and chooses not to run it because he A. loves and respects Peter and B. knows it would hurt the city because Peter could not do his Job as Spiderman well any more.
    I think it's more compelling if they just leave it unspoken. Sometimes less is more. Robbie knows, we know that he knows, but it's never confirmed. There's an emotional effect achieved by it that's hard to place, but it's more satisfying than a deliberate answer.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think that scene is from the second movie, and he looks really saddened when he learns Spidey gave up, and while that could be a case of him just being sad a hero gave up in general, it could also mean that since he knows Peter is Spider-Man, he's sad because he thinks something bad is happening with Peter.
    There's also the scene where Robbie very pointedly says "I heard Spider-Man was there" with Peter in the room, as if he's gauging his reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    There was an untold Tales of Spider-Man issue during the Ben Reily era which had Ben flashing back to when Robbie and Captain Stacy were investigating Spider-Man. Peter was pretty damn worried because with the both of them on the case, it wasn't a matter of if, but when. And Captain Stacy does indeed figure it out, but resolved to keep his secret until the day he died.

Robbie either has already figured it out or will soon. Especially given Jonah's COMPLETE 180 regarding Spider-Man
    Stacy and Robertson gathering to discuss Spider-Man happened a few times in the original Lee/Romita days too. The plot point was dropped before Capt. Stacy's death.

Extraordinary Member

I think he does...but feels that if he says something then it becomes a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Stacy and Robertson gathering to discuss Spider-Man happened a few times in the original Lee/Romita days too. The plot point was dropped before Capt. Stacy's death.
    It was a flashback to those days, so that makes sense. It seems the point was to doubly confirm that Capt Stacy did indeed figure it out before his death

He know but he doesn't say anything

On the same subject, shouldn't Jonah have figured out that Cindy Moon is Silk, especially now that he knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man? She works for him as a reporter at Threats and Menaces, but has no work history before he hired her to work for Fact Channel because of her time in the bunker (plus the job she had between FC and TAM was being a SHIELD agent - a job she only got because she had superhero connections, and a status quo which didn't last long enough to even be used anywhere due to Secret Empire), and if he looked into her education, he'd see that she went to the same school as Peter (they were on the same field trip when they were both bitten by the spider). Plus Silk had her hair cut in battle one time. Jonah really failed a spot check if he didn't notice the coincidence of Cindy turning up for work with bobbed hair, and the next time Silk is photographed her hair is also bobbed.

Though maybe he just pretends not to know. That new Ben Reilly Spider-Man comic shows him encountering Ben, and telling "Parker" that his blonde hair looks ridiculous. Ben says he isn't Parker. Jonah recognised Ben as being Peter, despite his denial.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    On the same subject, shouldn't Jonah have figured out that Cindy Moon is Silk, especially now that he knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man? She works for him as a reporter at Threats and Menaces, but has no work history before he hired her to work for Fact Channel because of her time in the bunker (plus the job she had between FC and TAM was being a SHIELD agent - a job she only got because she had superhero connections, and a status quo which didn't last long enough to even be used anywhere due to Secret Empire), and if he looked into her education, he'd see that she went to the same school as Peter (they were on the same field trip when they were both bitten by the spider). Plus Silk had her hair cut in battle one time. Jonah really failed a spot check if he didn't notice the coincidence of Cindy turning up for work with bobbed hair, and the next time Silk is photographed her hair is also bobbed.

Though maybe he just pretends not to know. That new Ben Reilly Spider-Man comic shows him encountering Ben, and telling "Parker" that his blonde hair looks ridiculous. Ben says he isn't Parker. Jonah recognised Ben as being Peter, despite his denial.
    Yeah, I'm waiting for Jonah to admit to Cindy/Silk that he knows, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.