Default Ozymandius (Movie version vs some foes

1) Daredevil (netflix) in red costume
    2) Black Widow, Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, and Netflix Punisher. All have standard equipment, Ozymandius gets a staff
    3) The Winter Soldier (MCU)
    4) Captain America (MCU)
    5) Ben Affleck Batman
    6) The Russian (2004 Punisher)
    7) Huo Yuanjia (Jet Li)
    8) Toad (X-men movies)
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

1) Daredevil (netflix) in red costume

- Handily beats Matt. Much as I love CC Daredevil, he's outclassed.

2) Black Widow, Hawkeye, Kate Bishop, and Netflix Punisher. All have standard equipment, Ozymandius gets a staff

- No idea, but a whole bunch of these people get guns and there's 100' separating them. Also, trick arrows, such as ones that go boom. Despite Ozzy's speed, I'm not liking his chances.

3) The Winter Soldier (MCU)

- Guns. Assuming Ozzy CAN get within reach, however, I don't like WS odds. Ozzy is easily his equal in power, outskills him by a fair margin, and is faster than him. Hand to hand, Ozzy beats him down.

4) Captain America (MCU)

- See above for TWS, except Ozzy probably isn't stronger. However, he's still faster and likely more skilled. Against that we have Cap's strength and the shield. Call it close.

5) Ben Affleck Batman

- No idea.

6) The Russian (2004 Punisher)

- No idea.

7) Huo Yuanjia (Jet Li)

- Sad to say I forget his feats.

8) Toad (X-men movies)[/QUOTE]
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    7) Huo Yuanjia (Jet Li)

- Sad to say I forget his feats.
    Some Yuanjia stuff.

- Young Yuanjia in a tournament match with goofy MK music. Does minor pressure point stuff, a lot of agility and skill on show.

- Sword/hand to hand fight with another master. Demonstrates his killing blow at the end.

- Fights a big wrestler guy, handles him pretty easily. Yuanjia is specifically not fighting to kill.

- Final fight with Tanaka, he has been mortally poisoned at this point but is still able to win the fight albeit not killing Tanaka.

There's also a couple of clips of him fighting other western combat masters including a spear man, a rapier duellist and guy with some big axes. Not on Youtube any more sadly. He beats them all pretty easily using a variety of different weapons - as I recall he uses a Chinese straight sword, triple staff, dart and chain, club(?) and a spear across all the fights, including his first match with Tanaka.

So, weapons master, some speed, some skill but I don't think we could say he's going to match bullet catching etc. Probably more skilled than Veidt but not enough to take it unless he gets a weapon.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Skill-wise, the reason I peg Ozzy pretty high is because both Nite-Owl and Rorschach in the movie are demonstrated to be guys who beat all hell out of large groups of people. Mobs, if you will. And Ozzy basically stands between them, monologuing, and casually blocks and counters all of their attacks, including the ones from behind (ie, blindly). They're dirt to him to the point where he doesn't even need to look at them to lambaste them.

He's also ludicrously strong, easily into comic book peak human range. Speedwise, the bullet-catch is some of the worst bullet-timing ever, but it's still pretty fast, and upheld by his somewhat superfast run and blitz of the assassin earlier in the movie (as well as his casual handling of Nite-Owl and Rorschach, again).

Right now my work isn't letting me see the youtube stuff, so...I can't comment on that.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Speaking for Batfleck, Ozy is faster (being generous, I'd put Batfleck somewhat below CBPH, he does a neat Walmart-Wonder Woman impersonation here around 0:20), at least in the same ballpark in terms of strength, is more skilled and has better situational awareness (Bats got shot in the head at point blank range twice while beating up a goon and was taken down by a guy pulling on his cape during the warehouse fight. It didn't stop him from winning, but still).

Bruce's armor (remember, he survived getting shot in the head at point blank range twice, only grunting in pain a bit, and being a bit sloppy for the next few moves) means it will take some time, but I don't like his chances at all, even taking smoke bombs into account, due to Ozy's situational awareness advantage, assuming he doesn't get blitzed.

Also, as a reminder The warehouse fight
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 01-25-2022 at 08:40 AM.