Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am just going to say this..as long as they are sure they want a new superman..They aren't going to deage jon..The only way jon gets to be a kid is for clark to start be relevant.whom by the way has nothing going for him..not even sexuality..There are tons of characters in dc itself like clark but with better shtick.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am just going to say this..as long as they are sure they want a new superman..They aren't going to deage jon..The only way jon gets to be a kid is for clark to start be relevant.whom by the way has nothing going for him..not even sexuality..There are tons of characters in dc itself like clark but with better shtick.
    Does anyone honestly, genuinely think that DC fully intends to make Jon Kent their one and only Superman and finally do away with Clark, the way an unsettling amount of people have been clamoring for? Like, Clark IS Superman. There is nothing that will ever change that. Jon will be a kid again and Clark will have never stopped being Superman. Superman will always be relevant and thinking otherwise shows one doesn't actually understand the character.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Does anyone honestly, genuinely think that DC fully intends to make Jon Kent their one and only Superman and finally do away with Clark, the way an unsettling amount of people have been clamoring for? Like, Clark IS Superman. There is nothing that will ever change that. Jon will be a kid again and Clark will have never stopped being Superman. Superman will always be relevant and thinking otherwise shows one doesn't actually understand the character.
    I said a new superman.not the new superman.Sure,clark will be around.

Yeah! Don't understand superman at all.I prefer captain marvel.He's a kid playing jesus and that's cute..for me the best supes is still the one that jumps around.whatever makes you happy..

Pkj and Morrison is doing better with superman than anyon in years.I am loving it.A superman should have never left the gladiator mold.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I said a new superman.the new superman.Sure,clark will be around.
    Sure, he's the NEW Superman, but that doesn't mean he'll ALWAYS be Superman. And that time is coming to an end sooner than y'all think.

Yeah! Don't understand superman at all.I prefer captain marvel.He's a kid playing jesus and that's cute..for me the best supes is still the one that jumps around.whatever makes you happy..
    Pkj and Morrison is doing better with superman than anyon in years.I am loving it.
    Different strokes for different folks. I didn't think there were Damian Wayne fans that didn't like Super Sons, but apparently there are. I don't know how you can see Super Sons as anything other than a positive contribution to and natural development of his character, but if they didn't like it, that's OK.

I didn't think there were Damian Wayne fans that didn't like Super Sons, but apparently there are. I don't know how you can see Super Sons as anything other than a positive contribution to and natural development of his character, but if they didn't like it, that's OK.
    I am not damian wayne fan.I am a manga reader in general.i heard that complaint from damian fans..you are gonna have to ask them.i love super sons.

As for natural evolution,this is comics..there is no such thing.Even the wally wests need some sort of convolutions.
    Edit-it turns out i slipped a word..
    I mean "a new superman..not the superman".
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-25-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

tom Taylor does, and he just cleared everyone on how well the book is performing
    Jon just may be the Superman of earth for some time

DC nor Discovery has a reason to remove him

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    tom Taylor does, and he just cleared everyone on how well the book is performing
    Jon just may be the Superman of earth for some time

DC nor Discovery has a reason to remove him
    When addressing why SSoK didn't appear in the December Top 50 sales charts because the anti-SJWs said the book was failing, Tom's Big ClapbackTM was the fact that there wasn't even an issue published in December (remember the art delay?). So? That doesn't prove anything.

He claims that every issue has sold out and yet fails to mention they sold out because issue 5 was published and every comic shop got a call that said "Do you have the gay issue?" I said it once and I'll say it again, but that's not success, that's speculation. Did you get any new readers because of that publicity stunt, Tom? How well did issue 6 sell, Tom? Or what about the annual? Did that one sell out, too, Tom? Tom?

SSoK appearing in Comixology's Top Ten consistently indicates a strong readership, but allegedly, for all it's convenience, the digital market and its audience is a fraction of what the physical market and audience is. So sure, SSoK sells well digitally, but has DC even embraced digital books? I mean actually embraced? Have they even tried pushing any digital first books recently? I sincerely doubt the digital sales are so strong they'll save the book from cancellation.
    Last edited by garazza; 01-26-2022 at 01:43 AM.

From what I remember DC did second printings for first few issues only after the "gay issue" was announced so was it an actual sell out or was it DC releasing extra copies and hoping that there will be an increased interest in the series?

I was watching Caped Joel's review and he makes an interesting observation about the time cube (which I'm guessing was the MacGuffin of the issue). Link is time-stamped.

The cube ages stuff forward, so couldn't it theoretically be used in reverse? If so, then go Tomasi for both allowing the age up to still happen (for those that liked it) while also undoing it and returning to what worked, and doing so by tying it back into the character's established history. Again, I'd rather the aged up Jon be revealed to not be Jon, but this would be an acceptable alternative.
    At first I thought that Tomasi just used that to have a thematic "character quickly ages up and we barely notice it" link. But yeah, I suppose it puts a plot device on the table in case someone wants to fix this mess.

Mighty Member

Superman & Robin Special ranks at #16 ComiXology
    http://www.comixology.com/comics-best-sellers

Couple of continuity questions:

Wasn't Hellbat armour original dangerous to the pilot? From what I remember Bruce almost died when he took it to Apokolips. Am I remembering wrong or was it changed at some point later?

When Jon talks about Zod getting half of Kandor, is he referencing what happened in Williamson's Batman/Superman couple of issues or something that happened during Bendis' run?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Couple of continuity questions:

Wasn't Hellbat armour original dangerous to the pilot? From what I remember Bruce almost died when he took it to Apokolips. Am I remembering wrong or was it changed at some point later?

When Jon talks about Zod getting half of Kandor, is he referencing what happened in Williamson's Batman/Superman couple of issues or something that happened during Bendis' run?
    Yes.

Talking about a two part story Williamson did with Nick Derington that was pretty good.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I'm really surprised nothing more was done with the creature in this issue aging abnormally fast, but I guess fighting Nazis at the end was considered an acceptable substitute. Decent issue, certainly not even close to the best stuff Tomasi has done with Jon, but decent.