Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    They really love to try it. I'm sorry civil rights themes make some of y'all uncomfortable but X-Men has always been about them. So why are you here?
    Its tragic lol

Quote Originally Posted by SiycoBatSquirrel View Post
    This really need not to be said at all because it's a free internet, free forum, free speech. Anybody with a problem can go log out and take a walk.
    We talking comics, not politics. It's suppose to relieve stress, not elevate it.
    Based on many of the complaints including this thread I don't see how you guys are reliving stress

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They don't make us uncomfortable.Minorities aren't the next stage of human evolution and don't have abilities that create a severe power imbalance which are the reasons people fear mutants(same as they do other metahumans) in 616

It's not a good metaphor and we deserve better, not just by the themes alone but w/ how little diversity their is in the characters of the story.Why you settle for such a terrible representation of these themes is the real question

Real great rep of these themes while our heroes are sitting w/ a nazi who wasn't even a mutant and the guy who helped w/ the creation of sentinels not to mention Cassandra Nova.A bit hypocritical specially of Magneto isn't it?specially when Sinister isn't even a real mutant
    THIS. Mutants may be minorities on a global stage but they ain't saints either. As far as the rest goes, its what happens when you confuse minority rights for super-powered human rights that's a whole kettle of different fish. Oppressed but for different reasons. Anything else is just trying to win the oppression olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Based on many of the complaints including this thread I don't see how you guys are reliving stress
    I am. I'm pretty much just lurking on the boards and I just laugh at certain comments. Krakoa is making you guys just lose it on both sides when you wanna omit the factual good and bad about it. Like Krakoa, good idea but horrible execution. Just reading the trainwreck and seeing how you guys are fairing cause by this point, the trainwreck's just continues to burn and I just laugh.

THIS. Mutants may be minorities on a global stage but they ain't saints either. As far as the rest goes, its what happens when you confuse minority rights for super-powered human rights that's a whole kettle of different fish. Oppressed but for different reasons. Anything else is just trying to win the oppression olympics.
    Who said all mutants were good? And there you guys go again holding Krakoa to this super hero morale standard.

What you guys are not understanding is that the majority of mutants are not Jean Grey or Jamie Braddock most mutants just have dumb powers like there skin is blue or they have 3 mouths, but we don't read about those mutants because they are not fighting space invasions. They are just trying to survive. Mutants are oppressed because they are mutants they don't care if you are Storm to Jumbo.

THIS. Mutants may be minorities on a global stage but they ain't saints either.

LMAO so show me where mutants started purging humans on a grand scale.

it's a COMICBOOK. Next stage in evolution, laser shooting eyes. None of that exists in our world. Key word is metaphor so of course you cannot blatantly stick black folk or lgbt folk side by side in comparison to mutants. But there are blatent components to the mutant experience that mirror minorities in this reality. The experience of profiling, the experience of being treated with rhe lack of human compassion because of outer appearance, the experience of living in low income areas with poor education systems (District X), the experience of being denied jobs. The experience of not fitting in...the experience of being treated like an animal or worse.

I see the example of "mutants can sneeze and blow up a block" when a lot of everyday mutants are just deformed or something of another.

The point is the argument is null and void since many people including myself who ARE minorities in this reality HEAVILY relating to the mutants plight.

This argument to say that since they have superpowers its inaccurate is ridiculous. Last i check we dont have gamma powered green men running around stomping holes into our planet now do we...its a comicbook...with relatable undertones.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 01-28-2022 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Who said all mutants were good? And there you guys go again holding Krakoa to this super hero morale standard.

What you guys are not understanding is that the majority of mutants are not Jean Grey or Jamie Braddock most mutants just have dumb powers like there skin is blue or they have 3 mouths, but we don't read about those mutants because they are not fighting space invasions. They are just trying to survive. Mutants are oppressed because they are mutants they don't care if you are Storm to Jumbo.
    LOL Dude....read this carefully.

I got your attention?

Good.

What is the title of the comics?

X-Men

Who are the X-Men?

Super-heroes.

Who are you going to see most on an X-book?

Hero/Heroine/Villain/Villainess.

There is a reason these normie muties are almost never shown in X-books unless it drives a plot or specific story.

Marvel.Needs.Profit.

Superheroes and Villains make them money.

Therefore superhero morale is the gold/green standard.

Unless Disney sells Marvel to an independent company that knows and loves them, you will never see the slice-of-life, manga-style or Star Trek: Lower Deck stories you are looking for.

There is a reason why we have fanfiction and I suggest you find the stories there or make up your own...I know I am.

Not to be a bitch but you gotta get a grip, its all capes and coils up in Marvel. Coils...LMAO!! Cowls, I mean.
    Last edited by SiycoBatSquirrel; 01-28-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Krakoa reads to me like the story of the greenwood district ala black Wallstreet which was ironically burned down by white folk. A community created for all black people to thrive in since there was nowhere else to really go and thrive. That's how I read it, from my view on history and who I am. Now was greenwood district a floating, sentient island floating around? No and thats because we dont live in a darn comicbook however there are still similar circumstances and components..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    LMAO so show me where mutants started purging humans on a grand scale.

it's a COMICBOOK. Next stage in evolution, laser shooting eyes. None of that exists in our world. Key word is metaphor so of course you cannot blatantly stick black folk or lgbt folk side by side in comparison to mutants. But there are blatent components to the mutant experience that mirror minorities in this reality. The experience of profiling, the experience of being treated with rhe lack of human compassion because of outer appearance, the experience of living in low income areas with poor education systems (District X), the experience of being denied jobs. The experience of not fitting in...the experience of being treated like an animal or worse.

I see the example of "mutants can sneeze and blow up a block" when a lot of everyday mutants are just deformed or something of another.

The point is the argument is null and void since many people including myself who ARE minorities in this reality HEAVILY relating to the mutants plight.

This argument to say that since they have superpowers its inaccurate is ridiculous. Last i check we dont have gamma powered green men running around stomping holes into our planet now do we...its a comicbook...with relatable undertones.
    LMAO Are you serious?!

Who the hell is Apocalypse and what is Age of Apocalypse?

You say its a comicbook but you starting to forget a massive storyline that dominated that whole concept in the 90s, my friend.

All you are doing is proving my point without me having to get that deep about it.

I got your attention?

Good.

X-Men

Who are the X-Men?

Super-heroes.

There is a reason these normie muties are almost never shown in X-books unless it drives a plot or specific story.

Marvel.Needs.Profit.

Unless Disney sells Marvel to an independent company that knows and loves them, you will never see the slice-of-life, manga-style or Star Trek: Lower Deck stories you are looking for.

There is a reason why we have fanfiction and I suggest you find the stories there or make up your own...I know I am.

Not to be a bitch but you gotta get a grip, its all capes and coils up in Marvel.
    The xmen have always been more than just 'superheroes'

If you want the golden standard of being superheroes id say look to the F4 and the avengers. The people who werent also on the same coin fighting for their rights to simply be...

LMAO Are you serious?!

Who the hell is Apocalypse and what is Age of Apocalypse?

You say its a comicbook but you starting to forget a massive storyline that dominated that whole concept in the 90s, my friend.

All you are doing is proving my point without me having to get that deep about it.
    Im not talking about the age of apocalypse...which is an alternative reality to 616, where humans who hunted mutants to near extinction. Nothing about your point was proven or even makes sense to me.

The mutants ARE a metaphor for folk who are marginalized.

I would definitely say the metaphor has been effective with resonating with minorities (myself included).

I know people like to deconstruct the metaphor as having problems, but you should at least be able to acknowledge that.

The xmen have always been more than just 'superheroes'

If you want the golden standard of being superheroes id say look to the F4 and the avengers. The people who werent also on the same coin fighting for their rights to simply be...
    Just because they have Vanilla and Chocolate, I can't reach for Strawberry or Cotton Candy?

The mutants ARE a metaphor for folk who are marginalized.
    That's always been the case, no one's denying that. The question is how well the metaphor works and where. Some writers use it a lot more effectively than others, and some status quo's work better with the metaphor than others.

I got your attention?

Good.

X-Men

Who are the X-Men?

Super-heroes.

Marvel.Needs.Profit.

Not to be a bitch but you gotta get a grip, its all capes and coils up in Marvel. Coils...LMAO!! Cowls, I mean.
    I forgot the data page but it basically said that Krakoa and it's people shouldn't use the term X-men because the name was limiting. If you view Krakoa through the lens of a super hero nation you are already lost because that is not what Krakoa was ever trying to be. It was going to be a safe haven for all mutants even the bad ones so that they could protect themselves from humans and AI but the AI part was more secret.

I'm sorry if you don't like that but that's what it was. It didn't change until Cyclops wanted to make an X-men team following X of Swords but the rest of Krakoa is still the same.

So I'm not sure where this fan fiction you speak of is