Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    If she was recorded as a mutant despite being a human, why can't that happen elsewhere?
    Because she managed to fool Cerebro because of the whole HE non-sense. Yeah, it makes no sense, but that's what Marvel is selling. Anyway, they don't have access to whatever technology the HE used to trick it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Because she managed to fool Cerebro because of the whole HE non-sense. Yeah, it makes no sense, but that's what Marvel is selling. Anyway, they don't have access to whatever technology the HE used to trick it.
    You know. Someone fooling Cerebro into recording a none mutant agents memories and letting them get cloned back to life on Krakoa as sleeper would be one of the more clever and interesting ways the place could be infiltrated.

Then again X-force set the bar pretty low.

They have access to a ton of other technology. Isn't mutant technology superior to human technology anyways?

They have access to a ton of other technology. Isn't mutant technology superior to human technology anyways?
    That's not mutant technology that's forming circuits and combing powers. Professor X made Cerebro

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    That's not mutant technology that's forming circuits and combing powers. Professor X made Cerebro
    So just mutant tech of a different variety?
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Not necessarily, and perhaps most importantly, the High Evolutionary's intelligence is beyond human.

Not necessarily, and perhaps most importantly, the High Evolutionary's intelligence is beyond human.
    Then you've got Reed Richards, Dr. Doom, Tony Stark, Hank Pym, there are some pretty advanced human scientists.

Incredible Member

i guess my question about using mutants as a metaphor would be is there still a point to using mutants as the stand in, when the marginalized groups that they are supposed to represent are allowed to be shown now.

back when the x men first showed up, if you weren't a white person, you were a secondary character at best and if you weren't straight you didn't exist. this isn't really the case anymore thanks in part to x writers over the years. so now the question is why make a story about a character being a mutant, using it as a metaphor for being trans, instead of doing a story about someone who is trans.

and sure you could make them a mutant who is trans, but is not like making a character black and trans because being a mutant is so dominating over any other minority in marvel comics that it just takes over the conversation and the other part stops being as important.

Nothing in Inferno indicates all AI was destroyed and abolished from the universe, just that there was a war and the side Karima was on lost. And Karima's side wanted to commit genocide.
    Good thing i did not say Universe, did i?. There is a difference between the Universe and the Sol System. But since you brought it up, the reason Omega was sent back, was because there was no more future for Machines in that timeline, she was in the end of the line. Given your user name, i am sure you can appreciate the symbolism of her name, it means, the last.

Do you think they spared all the "good" A.I, and left them to flourish?. Which part of, no A.I is allowed to flourish, is difficult to understand?. Or do you think they had a different policy in timeline 10a?. Because if timeline 10b is any indication, they don't need a war to start killing Artificial Intelligence.

Moreover, the reason humans can't be resurrected is that mutants don't have the technology to do so, there's no law against it- they just can't do it, at least not yet. Once again, people settle on a headcanon, then complain about things that happened in that headcanon and not actual stories.
    Thats a nice headcanon you got there. The one in which the reason Mutants can't bring back non mutants, is because they, even with Forge apparently, don't have technology to fool Cerebro into recording non mutants. I wonder why, in your headcanon, they would even need to fool Cerebro, when they have access Cerebro. Do you think Cerebro was designed to record Mutants, or did it accidentally do so?. Why try in fool it, when they can design it to record non mutants as well. It seems like a strange and unintuitive way to solve a "problem".

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    While I have serious reservations about the known execution of the Hesiod protocols; people are taking Omega (who is wearing 616’s Karima’s skin) as gospel here

Considering extracting OG Nimrod’s consciousness from Bastion would probably massively accelerate machine evolution by virtue of no longer being anti-mutant
    Considering the Hesiod Protocol, do you really think they would take that chance, and let that evolution continue, or would they, nip it in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i guess my question about using mutants as a metaphor would be is there still a point to using mutants as the stand in, when the marginalized groups that they are supposed to represent are allowed to be shown now.

back when the x men first showed up, if you weren't a white person, you were a secondary character at best and if you weren't straight you didn't exist. this isn't really the case anymore thanks in part to x writers over the years. so now the question is why make a story about a character being a mutant, using it as a metaphor for being trans, instead of doing a story about someone who is trans.

and sure you could make them a mutant who is trans, but is not like making a character black and trans because being a mutant is so dominating over any other minority in marvel comics that it just takes over the conversation and the other part stops being as important.
    I don't think they want to go there, because the Mutant metaphor starts becoming a bit transphobic when it goes there, because the Mutant identity, is rigid not fluid.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    And i want people to continue bringing up the way x-office handles non-white characters. Thats one thing we can all agree with!

I sincerely hope this changes in the future.
    It also lends to the point we need more writers who are of color and of the queer experience....not just any ole writers though, QUALITY writers, for the love of Amenth give us quality and a diverse team of writers.

Creativity wise alone....there needs to be people willing to try different things.
    No we need writers who can actually write.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    No we need writers who can actually write.
    That is not mutually exclusive with being more inclusive. (esp in a franchise like this)

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post

Pretty much. Why have a heterosexual non-minority with the ability to change reality, like they've been doing for decades, represent an allegory when you can write a story with an actual minority in a real world story, but with powers.

The allegory also went over people's heads and they either don't see them like minorities, such as Cyclops or Wolverine, or there are people online that take the allegory too literally. So literally that if you criticize what mutants are doing they call you names.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Pretty much. Why have a heterosexual non-minority with the ability to change reality, like they've been doing for decades, represent an allegory when you can write a story with an actual minority in a real world story, but with powers.

The allegory also went over people's heads and they either don't see them like minorities, such as Cyclops or Wolverine, or there are people online that take the allegory too literally. So literally that if you criticize what mutants are doing they call you names.
    Also the original analogy wasn't "POC", but rather ethnic differences such as the differences between Germans and Jews instead of "white vs POC"...

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

At the end of the day, all of the Avengers could be mutants and no one would be able to tell the difference unless you told them they were a mutate and not a mutant. Civil War dealt with this, because it pretty much said that anyone with superpowers was feared, regardless of if they had the X-Gene or not.

It would make more sense if people were afraid of the Hulk and Spider-Man for having too much power if that's what they're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman
    Also the original analogy wasn't "POC", but rather ethnic differences such as the differences between Germans and Jews instead of "white vs POC"...
    If you mean the original 60s X-Men, that may be one of the reasons it failed if the scope was that small. this is also way I don't value the 05 as the real start of the x-men

Claremont is lauded as the real backbone of the franchise and he's also the one that pulled the net to include POC and other minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    At the end of the day, all of the Avengers could be mutants and no one would be able to tell the difference unless you told them they were a mutate and not a mutant. Civil War dealt with this, because it pretty much said that anyone with superpowers was feared, regardless of if they had the X-Gene or not.

It would make more sense if people were afraid of the Hulk and Spider-Man for having too much power if that's what they're trying to say.
    That's because the discrimination doesn't need to make logical sense. People in the MCU view the Avengers or FF are celebrities or aberrations, not someone you could meet as a neighbor, go the same school as your kid or someone you feared might 'replace' you.

Its not like racism or homophobia makes much logical sense either but that exists anyway.