Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Your Wonder Woman Costume

I actually like her current outfit,but It would be a lie say that I didn't have my own ideia of what could be her default look

What about you?

Armor or Bodysuit?Classic colors or something new?Would you keep the stars?Add a Cape?what is your ideal symbol?

This right here. You can play around with whether or not the WW symbol is metal or the pattern of stars, but this is WW to me. Pure simple superhero. No unnecessary armor, or seams, padding or weapons.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really like this one even though it's clearly Hippolyta who's wearing it:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

If we're only talking about Diana's costumes then I'd go with this one here:

Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I got worries about the title "Your Wonder Woman Costume" because I don't own a Wonder Woman costume nor have I ever worn one.

That said, I tend to prefer the eagle as the chest emblem, classic colors of red top with blue bottom (and white stars on the bottom), though I can be flexible as to whether it's more of a battle skirt or bathing suit-like for the bottom half. Didn't like the shorts that use to go partly down her legs that she once wore back in the last century.

Oh, and here's something that was in Wonder Woman #211 (April-May 1974):

(but that was nearly fifty years ago . . . )

[QUOTE=MajorHoy;5911560]I got worries about the title "Your Wonder Woman Costume" because I don't own a Wonder Woman costume nor have I ever worn one.

Haha, that's what I thought too and I wouldn't look good in one either showing off my hairy legs and upper chest hair.

Spectacular Member

Sorry If the title seem misleding

I'd just add a red cape with a gold trimming for ceremonial purposes.

Last edited by Gaius; 01-25-2022 at 09:41 AM.

[QUOTE=Ready Eddie;5911566]
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I got worries about the title "Your Wonder Woman Costume" because I don't own a Wonder Woman costume nor have I ever worn one.

Haha, that's what I thought too and I wouldn't look good in one either showing off my hairy legs and upper chest hair.

That didn't stop this guy. 

If I may correct this, . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready Eddie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That didn't stop this guy. 

Spectacular Member

How do you all feel about the american iconography of her costume and its similarities to superman in the matter of color scheme?Do you think a more radical change,like the switching of the gold for silver that DC tried,would benefit the character and appeal to the fans?

I would love it if she would alternate the current armor (the posted by Dr Poison and Gaius) with the classic 80s outfit from time to time (JLGL, George Perez)...
    I also like when she wears the 40s classic skirt, I'm in love with these two recent examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    How do you all feel about the american iconography of her costume
    I have no problem with it.
    As past different origins have shown, there were specific reasons for them.
    and its similarities to superman in the matter of color scheme?
    I don't feel it's too similar to Superman since he wears much more blue than Diana does. Besides, red and blue are primary colors that quite a few other characters have used for their costumes in the past.
    Do you think a more radical change,like the switching of the gold for silver that DC tried,would benefit the character and appeal to the fans?
    Honestly, I don't think switching from gold to silver really changes the overall look significantly, but I'm use to / prefer gold.

Spectacular Member

I used the gold/silver comparison as a example

BytykP-IUAE1Wzh.jpg

This one with five point stars, including one on her tiara, the 50's high heeled ballerina sandals and narrow black/blue Golden Age bracelets.