Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Diana came to this world to empower us all. Her fans rally behind an image where she takes away the dignity of a mortal man lying on the ground doing what he thinks is right in a stubborn manner.
    Boy, you really can't let this image go, can you? Bruce has been for the longest time been portrayed as a prick and her putting her boot on him to stand down is what you rail against?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Boy, you really can't let this image go, can you? Bruce has been for the longest time been portrayed as a prick and her putting her boot on him to stand down is what you rail against?
    Because I love the character of Diana, and it's one of the lowest points in her history. Most of all, I'm disturbed by people celebrating an image that represents the opposite of everything she stands for. Diana is one of the characters that most deeply values human dignity, she is disgusted by seeing others humiliating their fellow men. She would never want to remember the moment she unnecessarily humiliated a mortal man by putting her superhuman foot on top of their head as they lie down on the ground, and then threaten them with pomposity. She's not the type of person who would choose to make others feel small and worthless.

Because I love the character of Diana, and it's one of the lowest points in her history. Most of all, I'm disturbed by people celebrating an image that represents the opposite of everything she stands for. Diana is one of the characters that most deeply values human dignity, she is disgusted by seeing others humiliating their fellow men. She would never want to remember the moment she unnecessarily humiliated a mortal man by putting her superhuman foot on top of their head as they lie down on the ground, and then threaten them with pomposity. She's not the type of person who would choose to make others feel small and worthless.
    I could say that you are exaggerating and dramatizing, but something I learned is that we do not all see things with the same eye.
    I never saw it that way or gave it that context, I think history is very clear about it. Hence how each reader takes and interprets an image says more about the reader than about the story.

I don't get the feeling that most people here think this was one of her lowest points in history. I certainly don't.

Bruce has been a prick to pretty much every superhero known, so by him getting a comeuppance through Diana is no problem by me. I mean, if she can bang anyone she wants to as you and Mel Dyer have pointed out, then her giving Bruce payback shouldn't be that big a deal.

Diana is one of the characters that most deeply values human dignity, she is disgusted by seeing others humiliating their fellow men. She would never want to remember the moment she unnecessarily humiliated a mortal man by putting her superhuman foot on top of their head as they lie down on the ground, and then threaten them with pomposity. She's not the type of person who would choose to make others feel small and worthless.
    Batman thrives on humiliating his fellow man and making others feel small and worthless. This image is simply showing Diana isn't putting up with that. She's making the aggressor feel as weak and helpless as he often makes others feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Batman thrives on humiliating his fellow man and making others feel small and worthless. This image is simply showing Diana isn't putting up with that. She's making the aggressor feel as weak and helpless as he often makes others feel.
    Well said! Better than me

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You like seeing Diana humiliate those who humiliated others? You don't think she would feel disgusted at herself? And again, I'm sure there are circumstances where she would do this, but why would we celebrate it when she's supposed to be a symbol of empowerment? As another poster once wrote, Diana stands alongside Batman in the JLA. Regardless of all his faults, she must have some kind of respect for his dedication to what he thinks is right. If she can see a human being trying to do something for others, why would she ever be willing to make them feel helpless, insignificant, small? How is this in character? Where are the other examples of Diana humiliating other human beings?

I still haven't decided how I feel about her Tiara. Since people have tried to make her look like a greek warrior for the last decade, it's normal that they would morph the tiara into other types of headpieces.

But I feel like the athletic princess archetype requires an actual Tiara that suggests her regality.

tumblr_osqs7dYdoR1qfrvhzo1_1280.jpgj9Vofxb3zYEjUqvTMW4pfZ-320-80.jpgILROHLGGEUI6TCHRIBWI6S7HAY.jpg
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-27-2022 at 08:46 AM.

You like seeing Diana humiliate those who humiliated others?
    I see nothing wrong with it at all. Much like I don't see a problem with Diana punching people that are using violence against others.

You don't think she would feel disgusted at herself? And again, I'm sure there are circumstances where she would do this, but why would we celebrate it when she's supposed to be a symbol of empowerment?
    Are you saying that her showing up the poster boy for "I can be a jerk to others but everybody has to treat me with respect" isn't empowering?

As another poster once wrote, Diana stands alongside Batman in the JLA. Regardless of all his faults, she must have some kind of respect for his dedication to what he thinks is right.
    So that automatically gives him a free pass when he's wrong?

There's a difference between violence and humiliation. It's one of the characteristics of a honorable knight. He seeks to defeat, and use extreme force when necessary. But there's nothing honorable about unnecessarrily humiliating someone fighting for what they think is right, specially when they are much much weaker than you.

I don't wanna see Diana put her superhuman foot on the head of Nick Fury or Tony Stark either as they lie on the ground despite them both being A-holes. I don't want to see Diana do that to Angle Man either.

Dr Psycho is a serial rapist, he doesn't deserve any dignity. I don't want to see Diana lower herself to his level, but I can understand it in a moment of extreme distress. Even then, I wouldn't celebrate it as a victory.

Diana came to this world to empower us all. Her fans rally behind an image where she takes away the dignity of a mortal man lying on the ground doing what he thinks is right in a stubborn manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

But in gold
    Thirded! I thought I don't mind the silver but I think in gold it looks brighter which makes it look friendlier to me.

jasonfabokgold.jpg

Fabok kinda had an aversion to drawing the boots but I liked that they were monochrome. For some reason, the white-red boots never looked good to me so I'm quite glad Diana's current boots are gold-red.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I still don't get why Diana doesn't have either laces or this type of top:
    While I would change the emblem to be bigger and more WW, this has always been one of my top faves and go figure a fan created it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I’m going to second this! I LOVED it when I saw it. The silver accents never bothered me as I thought I did somewhat divorce her color scheme from Superman’s a bit, but gold is fine. I don’t love the spikey gauntlets though. I’m happy to see that his costume is somewhat standard these days.
    Yeah the spikey gaunlets are a bit much

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    hahaha nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

That's definitely not true. There are many examples of Diana being drawn in an exploitative manner, taking advantage from all of her uncovered skin, and without any power at all. There are also positive portrayals, but let's not pretend it hasn't also been a big issue over the years
    Maybe for you, not for me. Wonder Woman was designed to be "as beautiful as Aphrodite" so it doesn't bother me when she's drawn that way. There are people who dislike Earth One because she looks too much like a supermodel, although she's not drawn salaciously. I think that depiction is historically accurate and par for the course. Your milage may vary and that's unfortunate.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-28-2022 at 09:36 PM.