Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The 90s Spider-man animated series introduced Eddie Brock as a character before Venom. They also had the alien costume start to affect Spider-man's emotions, far better than the comics original handled the black costume and Venom.

Fairy tail anime like most animes did filler episodes. To wait for the manga they did full ark stories. These stories bring back side cast and give them tons of character development the manga didn't. In fact the manga writer would even do a few references to some of the filler arks in the manga!

I found the explanation of Jason's resurrection in Under the Red Hood movie easier to follow that in comics.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Thanos killing half the universe for the sake of balance and preserving natural resources is far better than doing it because he is being a simp.

I'm pretty sure the 90s Spider-Man show was the first to establish Doc Ock as a mentor figure for Peter before the Raimi film did. Most adaptation followed suit in giving Ock a personal connection to Peter.

Keeping with Spider-Man, the PS4 game did a real good job in making Mr. Negative into a major villain where the comics kept him a minor foe.

Mighty Member

I'll third Mr. Freeze

I'll also add the MCU's M'baku/Man Ape...In comics it is like "how did this character get past editorial?", the change from being someone who wants to return to savagery (and not even in a clever survival of the fittest way) and more of a cultural traditionalist makes a much better character.

Ben Parker's murder being a car jacking instead of a home invasion (Raimi's Spider-Man) makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Fairy tail anime like most animes did filler episodes. To wait for the manga they did full ark stories. These stories bring back side cast and give them tons of character development the manga didn't. In fact the manga writer would even do a few references to some of the filler arks in the manga!
    Yeah, I think Hiro Mishima was more heavily involved in the anime adaptation than a lot of Manga writers often are (I've read Rumiko Takahashi was not very pleased with some of the liberties that adaptations of her work have taken, especially the second Ranma movie).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Given the long and somewhat scattered history of the Royal Flush Gang in the comics, I think the DCAU did a better job showing them as a family legacy in the future of Batman Beyond and then incorporating government experiments in the present. The re-imagining of Ace was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I thought the MCU Civil War lacked any sense of weight to it. The airport fight scene was a farce. There was never the sense that the heroes wouldn't eventually reconcile.
    I prefer the movie version. The Sokovia Accords were more streamlined and made way more sense than the Superhuman Registration Act in the comics did.

For that matter, the SHIELD/government tension with superheroes in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon made more sense than in the comics as well. Civil War ignored too much Avengers history in the comics whereas in the cartoon, on the day the Avengers were formed, Maria Hill voiced concerns about registering superheroes and also discussed the rise of powered individuals in the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and the X-Men.

Admittedly the Accords had nothing to do with why the heroes ended up going against each other, compared to the Registration Act, it was more to do with whether Bucky was guilty not.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The ending of the Watchman movie is so much better than the comic. Making it Dr. Manhattan seems like the culprit and having it strike multiple cities is just flat out better than the alien squid monster. I don't care what the Moore fanboys say.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The 90s Spider-man animated series introduced Eddie Brock as a character before Venom. They also had the alien costume start to affect Spider-man's emotions, far better than the comics original handled the black costume and Venom.
    And giving J. Jonah Jameson a dead (first) wife at the hands of a masked hitman aiming for him when he was younger and pursuing a story against a crime boss made his hatred of Spider-Man, however still misguided, a lot more sympathetic than just being jealous of Spider-Man for being the better man between the two of them like the original Lee-Ditko comics run did.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

BTAS two face costume
    Last edited by AnthonyO'Brien; 01-27-2022 at 01:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, I think Hiro Mishima was more heavily involved in the anime adaptation than a lot of Manga writers often are (I've read Rumiko Takahashi was not very pleased with some of the liberties that adaptations of her work have taken, especially the second Ranma movie).
    Alot of the time the manga writers are too busy to handle that stuff. Although sometimes, like with Hiro, the anime does do something that the mangaka didn't/can't do in their own works. Naoko Takeuchi was livid when they ended the first series of Sailor Moon with the sailor senshi getting killed as that is what SHE wanted to do. But her editors blocked her and told her it was "this is shôjo. No one dies!"

Akira Toriyama is a bit more hands on with Dragonball now than he was when the original anime was running.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Mr freeze new origin in batman the animated series.
    I'll third Mr. Freeze
    Gotta agree with the majority, Mr. Freeze (BTAS version) is the best

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-27-2022 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Btas two face friends with bruce wayne but hated batman. He wanted to kill batman but would give his life to save bruce. It was a perfect "two face" type thinking that added to his personality.

I think an argument could be made that BTAS did pretty much everything better than the comics just because it was that good.