Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Businesses established within Krakoa (your ideas)

Now that Steve Orlando mentioned Greycrow is going to open a restaurant in Krakoa and Blob’s Green Lagoon is the island’s official bar, what kind of places, stores or facilities would you like to see in Krakoa?

I will throw two ideas:

Krakoa’s museum of Mutant History and Fine Arts. The collections and exhibits are supervised by Karma and Dazzler. It contains Piotr Rasputin’s paintings and a whole section dedicated to alien art. Gambit steals (or takes back) pieces of art done by mutants in possession of boring rich humans.

Strong Guy’s gym: Guido runs this facility, where he develops a rivalry with Forearm and Mammomax.

It would be a nice way to explore some characters that now are in background. Let’s discuss this!

Hellion runs a kissing booth.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Jubilee opening a shopping mall.
    The candy shop alone would be a hit.

Last edited by JB; 01-25-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Krakoan art class. Learn how to make design and create works of art with your mutant gifts to create new unique styles fitting of Krakoa.

Wild hunt races. Using the unique animals on the island watch races take place. There will be of races divided by powers. Place your bets and your marks.

Spectacular Member

I know "we're better than the human world" and blah blah blah but honestly these kids need to learn how to read and write.

Rhapsody, Alchemy, Nanny and Shamrock can be teachers; Exodus seems to be good with kids these days, let him and Emma run it as a joint project.

Incredible Member

Tempo was aging Whisky for Shaw, maybe Lacuna or Timeslip could replace her. And why stop at whisky? They could age wine, chese, meat, etc.

I could see Shade, Lorelei or Glamour having a hair salon.

Astonishing Member

"The House of W"

"Tired of only partying all day? Do you miss your regulated daily activities that makes you feel like you earned something for you and/or your family? Does your body itch from being used to physical labour? Want to meet other people interact with them in a professional work environment? Do you feel like you are just parasite to society, being all take and no give?
    Then come to the House of W(ork) where we find some productive activity for you do and regulate it so it feels equaly exausting and rewarding! We promise it will benefit our society and if it's taken by Krakoan techno-organic machinery we will free it for you to do. *Jingle plays*"

They have Mojoworld at their side, but they could focus more efforts onto making mutant-original media content. Honest and accurate X-Gene representation in the media could be a great stepping stone for mutantkind. It'd help introduce the concepts and help flatscans get familiarized with them. Maybe they shouldn't make a superhero reality show though, given how Civil War I is probably a sore subject for a lot of people.

Mutantes Sans Frontières outreach programme - volunteer to help out

Also I want a mutant theme park with roller coasters and such - not sure who'd run it though

Mutant tabloid journalism - gossip pages and paparazzi photos of Emma Frost in sweatpants - Krakoa X-posed
    Last edited by Shambles; 01-25-2022 at 04:03 PM.

EDIT: Deleted post
    Last edited by LordUltimus; 01-25-2022 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    They have Mojoworld at their side, but they could focus more efforts onto making mutant-original media content. Honest and accurate X-Gene representation in the media could be a great stepping stone for mutantkind. It'd help introduce the concepts and help flatscans get familiarized with them. Maybe they shouldn't make a superhero reality show though, given how Civil War I is probably a sore subject for a lot of people.
    I love the idea of mutant-original media content. As long as Hellion is at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambles View Post

Also I want a mutant theme park with roller coasters and such - not sure who'd run it though

Mutant tabloid journalism - gossip pages and paparazzi photos of Emma Frost in sweatpants - Krakoa X-posed
    Bring on the gossip mags!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I notice that thanks to Metal Gear: Peace Walker i have two different interpretation of how a mutant organization using the "Sans Frontiers" moniker could look like.

The real world Médecins Sans Frontières humanitarian aid organization which provides free medical aid to people in need in conflict or crisis zones and the fictional Military Sans Frontiers, creating from the (flawed) idea of providing professional military force to countries who couldn't or didn't want to establish their own.

Though for mutants i could actualy imagine a mixture of both being on the table, providing both humanitarian aid in addition to having their own powerfull secruity detail to acompany and guard them or offering both aid and military secruity until crisis are resolved.

The later would certainly be a good use of the various veteran "fighters" they have currently. Though they should be carefull with the more villanous ones and only use those who are cleared by mental and moral evaluation.

Hmm. Now i also wonder if some might even be willing as to give up their their krakoan citienship in order to be able to use leathal force to protect the people they are sworn to protect?

The part about the tabloids reminds me that they really need some more designers for clothes and fashion. The single guy they have lacks both signature style and has created a lot more misses than hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I love the idea of mutant-original media content. As long as Hellion is at the helm.
    Well, Sofia does run Mojoworld, and Hellion was a star actor in Age of X-Man. Funny how it all comes together.

Sinister Secrets could be canon gossip Sinister has collects & uses to tease everyone on the island. Everybody would buy issues and debate over them like crazy. The only downside is that he'd run out of material and either have to lie, or instigate some drama to keep up sales.

Incredible Member

A hospital run by Cece Reyes ( I know Krakoa has the healing Gardens, but what about routine examinations?)
    A plastic surgery clinic run by Masque
    A martial arts dojo run by Kwannon
    A investigation bureau run by maddrox
    A vegas inspired residency with dazzler
    A clothing store by Jumbo Carnation
    An irish pub run by banshee
    An arcade game store run by Jubilee
    A brothel run by stacy x
    An orphanage run by nanny
    A circus run by nightcrawler
    Last edited by crimsontt; 01-25-2022 at 06:13 PM.

How about an officially sanctioned orphanage, beside the bower, for all these abandoned mutant babies both on Krakoa and worldwide.

And perhaps a daycare for those who are busy superheroing?

A mutant school with some actual academic teachings besides how to use your powers and create a mutant circuit. Make it like Harry Potter but mutant and queer. Give everyone houses and their own mascots, like Jonathan the Wolverine and Jeff the Landshark. Make up a mutant sport.

A mutant community theater featuring their own original productions. They could put on plays like "The Dark Phoenix", but as a comedy.

A coffee shop? Because coffee.

A team volleyball stadium there they run tournaments except WITH powers. No shirts.

I might be joking about these. I might not.