View Poll Results: Should there be new MCU versions of the No Way Home villains?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- Sony should immediately start casting for new actors for these roles

6 17.14%
  • No- Sony should focus on other villains

12 34.29%
  • Mixed- Sony could eventually feature new versions of these villains in the MCU

17 48.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should there be new MCU versions of the No Way Home villains?

The first MCU Spider-man films made the choice to focus on bad guys we hadn't seen before in film, like the Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio and Tinkerer.

This allowed the third film to feature the returns of the classic villains from the first five Spider-Man films.

Do you think they should be off-limits in future movies?

Or would you prefer Marvel start looking for new actors to play Doctor Octopus, Lizard, etc?

Or is your answer more mixed?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

I am not against it but there are so many bad guys for Peter to fight...use them.

We already have a Norman impacing Peter's life heavily by killing aunt May, any other Norman showing up probably wouldn't live up to that, and if they did try to make him live up to that, well, it'd just be repeating stuff.

Honestly if we ever get Norman, he'd be better off as Iron Patriot, but I'm not even sure if that's happening, or that it'd work.

Otto barely did anything in Spidey Home 3, so him getting a counterpart could work, but not now.

The others, for similar reasons to Otto, they could be added later, but they don't tend to make stuff too personal with Spidey so they could be lower priority, and other villains like Hydro-Man could be used instead.

So yeah, Norman aside, I think any of them is fair game, but in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

I think it should be at least on the table depending on how Holland remains as Spidey, even if I don't think they're likely to do it.

I dont think they will do it. but it would be cool to see MCU Peter meet his version of Otto Or Curt Conners at college and be very stand offish with them.

Norman for the reason that Lukmendes pointed out would have a hard time doing in the MCU.

But Spiderman has such a vast rogues gallery that it doesnt have to be the same ones over and over again. I enjoyed The Vulture and Mysterio being in the MCU.

You know who would be really cool since Peter is going to college? Have the Spot on there. As a fellow student or a professor. An experiment gone wrong and only Spiderman can help! With todays special effects The Spot on the big screen needs to happen!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont think they will do it. but it would be cool to see MCU Peter meet his version of Otto Or Curt Conners at college and be very stand offish with them.

Norman for the reason that Lukmendes pointed out would have a hard time doing in the MCU.

But Spiderman has such a vast rogues gallery that it doesnt have to be the same ones over and over again. I enjoyed The Vulture and Mysterio being in the MCU.

You know who would be really cool since Peter is going to college? Have the Spot on there. As a fellow student or a professor. An experiment gone wrong and only Spiderman can help! With todays special effects The Spot on the big screen needs to happen!
    Spot is criminally underused in general, sure he probably has one of the goofiest designs in Spider-Man if we pretend ASM#186 Chameleon never happened, but just the powers alone are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

No. We already got great takes on Green Goblin and Doc Ock in NWH. Give me Chameleon, Hobgoblin, Kraven, Scorpion, Venom, Mr. Negative, etc... Plenty of great Spidey villains left and I don't think there's a need to repeat ones when they were already done very well

Yes, I want to see them. MCU Norman could be an Avengers level enemy by becoming Iron Patriot, MCU Otto could be Superior Octopus or something similar. They can be both criminals and dangerous villains that all the people of the Earth can be afraid of. These characters are so much bigger than the Raimi/Webb versions, I want to see them in the MCU. But I also want to see other villains, I just think it would be nice to show Norman, Otto and others, but not right away.

Incredible Member

I like the idea Norman who does not become a Goblin and instead goes the more calculated route from comics. I would like to see Hobgoblin since seeing another Goblin would have a big effect on this Peter. Also, maybe the MCU Norman creates him.

But that's it. Even if they do decide to use Ock. Make it Lady Ock. Superior Spider-man only works when the audience is familiar with the Ock who takes over Spider-man as a POS.

Honestly, I'm just praying to see Kraven vs Holland Spidy at this point.

would be a good time to do hobgoblin Norman had to repair his gear somewhere
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I don't think they want to do Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus or Electro again since they just did that.

But Holland won't be the last actor to play Peter Parker. So I imagine we'll see another take on the Green Goblin or Doc Ock in the future.

I'm not interested in MCU Norman Osborn, Max Dillon or Otto Octavious. Are they "out there" but not transformed yet? Maybe. But I'm just not interested now. It would come across as a rehash, since MCU Peter just fought against the sonyverse versions of those folks. He "already knows" their backstories. It would be kind of anticlimactic, to me.

I think they should focus on other character villains entirely. Go deeper.. Update folks who are lacking in a backstory or power set.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm not interested in MCU Norman Osborn, Max Dillon or Otto Octavious. Are they "out there" but not transformed yet? Maybe. But I'm just not interested now. It would come across as a rehash, since MCU Peter just fought against the sonyverse versions of those folks. He "already knows" their backstories. It would be kind of anticlimactic, to me.

I think they should focus on other character villains entirely. Go deeper.. Update folks who are lacking in a backstory or power set.
    Give me the MCU Spot!

The only ones I really would like to see recur are Mysterio and Vulture, because they are already established in the MCU and because I think there is much more to say with each of those characters. Other than that, I'd prefer new villains like Kraven or Chameleon.

Thing is, though, that with the new status quo of him having zero friends or family, the next film is going to have a lot to focus on the characters and supporting cast to develop that before some of Peter's more personal villains should even be introduced. So yah, bring on the Spot!
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-27-2022 at 02:22 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The only ones I really would like to see recur are Mysterio and Vulture, because they are already established in the MCU and because I think there is much more to say with each of those characters. Other than that, I'd prefer new villains like Kraven or Chameleon.

Thing is, though, that with the new status quo of him having zero friends or family, the next film is going to have a lot to focus on the characters and supporting cast to develop that before some of Peter's more personal villains should even be introduced. So yah, bring on the Spot!
    I wonder if we'll ever get a proper Sinister Six of Holland villains.