View Poll Results: Should there be new MCU versions of the No Way Home villains?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- Sony should immediately start casting for new actors for these roles

6 17.14%
  • No- Sony should focus on other villains

12 34.29%
  • Mixed- Sony could eventually feature new versions of these villains in the MCU

17 48.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I'm good. I don't need another interation of one of those villains.

I'm not against it, and I am open to the idea of them doing something, especially if Feige's team is involved (the Sony people being Carnage/Venom/Morbius I don't want to see anything from).

But if they don't do bee takes I won't even be slightly impacted.

I think someone could take inspiration from Norman and become Hobgoblin. That is, if they don't already somehow acquire access to his discarded tech.

Or, have MCU Norman find out about Raimiverse Norman and become distraught and obsessive about it. He talks to a psychiatrist about it. Psychiatrist decides to become the Green Goblin.

Most of these characters have legacies or successors so I'd use those instead.

I day yes. Or at least Norman Osborn.

Astonishing Member

I would like new versions, but I don't think we will get them.
    Especially based on Feige's comments.

I posted this idea in another thread. Dont use Green Goblin. Use Hobgoblin.

My idea was when all of the villains and such came to the MCU what if some where there was a guy who got sucked into the Rami Universe. And he popped up in one of Norman's Goblin lairs. Maybe this guy is a scientist, or a tech guy or whatever. Either way he sees the Goblin Gear and all of that. He sees a computer and makes copies of the tech and even the Goblin Formula. And when he comes back to the MCU he becomes a new Goblin. A Hobgoblin as he thought Green Goblin was a bit too cheesy of a name and he loves the Hobgoblin from fantasy stories or some thing.

Or maybe the guy who was transported to the Rami Universe was a spell caster casting a spell at the same time as Strange's spell and that is why he went to that universe. He still sees the Goblin gear and takes some of the tech but he knows he cant redo the Goblin Formula. So he comes back to the MCU and decides to use magic to help him get the powers but he instead comes in contact with a powerful Daemon and we get the Demogoblin!
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-28-2022 at 01:14 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

One question if you want new versions of classic villains is the extent to which the Tom Holland Peter would be familiar with them.

Should Tom Holland Peter be suspicious of a scientist named Otto Octavius who uses four robotic tentacles, or professor Curt Connors? Would this be too meta/ inaccessible? Granted, questions bout accessibility are a bit different when we consider the Box Office of No Way Home, and the odds that audiences will be familiar with it? Hell, more of them may have seen it than the first two Holland films, so it might be easier to sell the idea of a new Doctor Octopus than a rematch with Vulture or Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I posted this idea in another thread. Dont use Green Goblin. Use Hobgoblin.

My idea was when all of the villains and such came to the MCU what if some where there was a guy who got sucked into the Rami Universe. And he popped up in one of Norman's Goblin lairs. Maybe this guy is a scientist, or a tech guy or whatever. Either way he sees the Goblin Gear and all of that. He sees a computer and makes copies of the tech and even the Goblin Formula. And when he comes back to the MCU he becomes a new Goblin. A Hobgoblin as he thought Green Goblin was a bit too cheesy of a name and he loves the Hobgoblin from fantasy stories or some thing.

Or maybe the guy who was transported to the Rami Universe was a spell caster casting a spell at the same time as Strange's spell and that is why he went to that universe. He still sees the Goblin gear and takes some of the tech but he knows he cant redo the Goblin Formula. So he comes back to the MCU and decides to use magic to help him get the powers but he instead comes in contact with a powerful Daemon and we get the Demogoblin!
    Hobgoblin's pretty easy. All you need is someone to find some of Norman's tools.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by LASERlips View Post
    I think someone could take inspiration from Norman and become Hobgoblin. That is, if they don't already somehow acquire access to his discarded tech.

Or, have MCU Norman find out about Raimiverse Norman and become distraught and obsessive about it. He talks to a psychiatrist about it. Psychiatrist decides to become the Green Goblin.
    Wasn't that basically how things went with Bart Hamilton (Except it was Harry, not Norman).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I'm more annoyed with Kraven being setup as his own character than being Spidey's rogue.

Still though, there are 3 really strong villains on the table. Hobgoblin, Mister Negative and The Jackal (who would be perfect for a Dead No More inspired event film temporarily bringing back dead characters like Tony, Natasha and Aunt May as clones). So I'd rather they use them first instead of revisiting the NWH villains.

BANNED

Nah. Holland is around I would guestimate for 5-6 more movies including MCU appearances. Let's get some new blood. Plus Norman and Otto have both been run into the ground in recent years.

Yes, for the MAIN MCU there should be new versions. Other non-MCU variants can be still used in the bootleg Sony-Verse or crossovers.

Not until another 5-6 years from now. I want to see new villains being adapted and elevated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    One question if you want new versions of classic villains is the extent to which the Tom Holland Peter would be familiar with them.

Should Tom Holland Peter be suspicious of a scientist named Otto Octavius who uses four robotic tentacles, or professor Curt Connors? Would this be too meta/ inaccessible? Granted, questions bout accessibility are a bit different when we consider the Box Office of No Way Home, and the odds that audiences will be familiar with it? Hell, more of them may have seen it than the first two Holland films, so it might be easier to sell the idea of a new Doctor Octopus than a rematch with Vulture or Mysterio.

Hobgoblin's pretty easy. All you need is someone to find some of Norman's tools.
    Could be interesting to see Peter getting close to the MCU counterparts of those villains to prevent their fates only to end up causing one or two of them to become a villain.

I would love to see Hobgoblin though. The set up is already there. The time gap between Norman running off after murdering Aunt May and his showing up at the Statue of Liberty is enough time for him to have set up a hide out or two for Hobgoblin to find. But he should be reserved for a 5th or 6th movie. If he appears in the 4th one, I would rather it be a cameo or a post credit stinger. I want to see someone like Tombstone, Kraven or Scorpion for the 4th movie.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

No. I'm going to repeat what I said in another thread, with Green Goblin especially they already blew their load on what they could possibly do to make a Green Goblin a true personal nemesis for the Tom Holland!Peter Parker. Like there's no real topping spoilers:
    The Raimi!Norman killing Aunt May.
    end of spoilers And any personal revelations with these new versions would already be undercut by the fact that Tom has already faced off with them before.

It'd be like trying to make a big deal of this version of Tom finally joining a new Superhero team when we already had multiple movies with him actively fighting alongside the Avengers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Hobgoblin would be a tremendous tremendous choice for the sequels. From a character and motivation standpoints he couldn't be more different from Norman. And as Peter matures into an adulthood with work it makes sense to have super villains that he has professional antagonist relationships with.

People have mentioned that Norman needed a place to repair his gear, he was also aware of the plot to cure him so it's not Beyond reason that he prepared a backup sample of the goblin serum.

You could even have Ned be the person who discovers the Green Goblin cache and even have the real Hoboblin frame Ned for an action sequence. I also think Daniel Craig should play the Hobgoblin

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Not until another 5-6 years from now. I want to see new villains being adapted and elevated.

Could be interesting to see Peter getting close to the MCU counterparts of those villains to prevent their fates only to end up causing one or two of them to become a villain.

I would love to see Hobgoblin though. The set up is already there. The time gap between Norman running off after murdering Aunt May and his showing up at the Statue of Liberty is enough time for him to have set up a hide out or two for Hobgoblin to find. But he should be reserved for a 5th or 6th movie. If he appears in the 4th one, I would rather it be a cameo or a post credit stinger. I want to see someone like Tombstone, Kraven or Scorpion for the 4th movie.
    I wonder if they could adapt the Hobgoblin mystery for film.

In that case, it could be interesting if it's not solved in his first appearance.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets