Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
Even as someone who is not as "over the moon" about the Krakoa era as some here, I really enjoyed this.

And I agree, Marvel didn't create this in a vacuum. There is definitely a reason for this promotional material.

It could be as simple as trying to reinvigorate fans with Hickman leaving or it could be hints towards the larger direction of the mutants going forward. Maybe both?

Very curious. I find it fascinating who is and who isn't given a cameo here. They're clearly trying to use some of the more visually familiar characters to the general audience.
The more cynic part of me thinks it's because Marvel still believes they got the goose that lays golden eggs here, which they can use as it with minimal effort or care, hence pushing it as great new status quo for the X-men, while to me the whole thing is build on such a shackey foundation (i consider it valid possibility that Hickman never intendet for this to last beyond his run and that it might have been designed as cautionary tale in first place) that it now more than ever requires a lot of care and work to actualy become sustainable in some form.

So now they try to promote this status quo as perfectly natural state for the X-men to be in, while the paint is allready peeling off on the eggs.