Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default X-Men Explains the Krakoan Age in New Marvel Trailer

CB comicbook
    Timothy Adams
    01/25/2022 06:41 pm EST

For any Marvel fans that have yet to jump into the X-Men's new status quo, a new trailer explains everything going on with the franchise's Krakoan Age. Jonathan Hickman revitalized the X-Men two years ago with the releases of House of X and Powers of X. The two series saw the X-Men and mutantkind relocate to the island nation of Krakoa. Heroes and villains alike were all welcomed on Krakoa, meaning Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean Grey had to share real estate with Mister Sinister and Apocalypse. Marvel breaks all of these developments down in a hilarious educational video

^________________________^

You don't create something like this for something your looking to get rid of. And the "krakoa" can be anywhere. Ok. I see you marvel. Krakoa bout to hit the big time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think i've watched about 4 times now. If this is what the xmen 92 comic leads up to and where xmen 97 goes this is going to be a treat. I love the "afraid you might hurt someone with your powers, and the authorities agree." lmao
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ^________________________^

You don't create something like this for something your looking to get rid of. And the "krakoa" can be anywhere. Ok. I see you marvel. Krakoa bout to hit the big time.
    exactly!

Krakoa is not going anywhere for a veryyyyyyyyyy long time.

For peeps clamoring for the old days of the Mansion; it ain't never ever ever ever happening.

I was so surprised seeing this, Marvel is all in and this may be the key to Mutantdom in the MCU as well

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think i've watched about 4 times now. If this is what the xmen 92 comic leads up to and where xmen 97 goes this is going to be a treat. I love the "afraid you might hurt someone with your powers, and the authorities agree." lmao
    Small detail, but I find it interesting that some characters like Kitty Pryde and Bishop are wearing their current comic costumes while others like Wolverine and Storm are not. Makes me wonder if this is indeed where the 92 comic is going, as well as possibly the cartoon revival too. Hmm…

Here are some cameos I caught

• Krakoa (duh)
    • Angel
    • Pixie
    • Storm
    • Magneto
    • Emma Frost
    • Mystique
    • Cyclops
    • Colossus
    • Professor X
    • Mister Sinister
    • Xorn
    • Toad
    • Nightcrawler
    • Kitty Pryde
    • Bishop
    • Kwannon
    • Anole
    • Wolverine
    • Beast
    • Gambit
    • Juggernaut
    • Rogue
    • Glob
    • Not Hellion, for some reason
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Here are some cameos I caught

• Krakoa (duh)
    • Angel
    • Pixie
    • Storm
    • Magneto
    • Emma Frost
    • Mystique
    • Cyclops
    • Colossus
    • Professor X
    • Mister Sinister
    • Xorn
    • Toad
    • Nightcrawler
    • Kitty Pryde
    • Bishop
    • Kwannon
    • Anole
    • Wolverine
    • Beast
    • Gambit
    • Juggernaut
    • Rogue
    • Glob
    • Not Hellion, for some reason
    What are you talking about, Hellion was in every frame! You just weren’t looking hard enough. For shame.

Anyway, on topic: Interesting trailer. Looks fun, looks like they could make a series off of this. Such a missed opportunity. Also for shame.

Can’t wait to lurk in that cloning thread and see if anyone brings this up.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    What are you talking about, Hellion was in every frame! You just weren’t looking hard enough. For shame.
    If I can comprehend the existence of other characters, there's not enough Hellion.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I sincerely hope that this is a sign that Marvel is ready to invest more into animation with the X-Men. X-Men 97 is a great start, but let's not have that be all we get.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    exactly!
    For peeps clamoring for the old days of the Mansion; it ain't never ever ever ever happening.
    I'm fine with Krakoa but uh, I think you are being far too certain here. Things can change drastically in just a few years if leadership changes etc.

Even as someone who is not as "over the moon" about the Krakoa era as some here, I really enjoyed this.

And I agree, Marvel didn't create this in a vacuum. There is definitely a reason for this promotional material.

It could be as simple as trying to reinvigorate fans with Hickman leaving or it could be hints towards the larger direction of the mutants going forward. Maybe both?

Very curious. I find it fascinating who is and who isn't given a cameo here. They're clearly trying to use some of the more visually familiar characters to the general audience.

All-New Member

Seems a bit bitter sweet in this animation, they show mutants using a Krakoan portal, then switch to the marauder indicating that captain Kate Pryde can help you with an extraction, while Kate is the one (?) mutant that can not use Krakoan portals (or are there more 'mutants' that are rejected by Krakoan portals?).

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    exactly!

Krakoa is not going anywhere for a veryyyyyyyyyy long time.

I was so surprised seeing this, Marvel is all in and this may be the key to Mutantdom in the MCU as well
    haha, you should see everyone on twitter hoping that this is going to be a new animated series with a lot comedy like the ad itself.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by gerlof101 View Post
    Seems a bit bitter sweet in this animation, they show mutants using a Krakoan portal, then switch to the marauder indicating that captain Kate Pryde can help you with an extraction, while Kate is the one (?) mutant that can not use Krakoan portals (or are there more 'mutants' that are rejected by Krakoan portals?).
    No, governments who try to prevent people from using portals. The Marauder can come and rescue mutant refugees from oppressive government regimes.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”