Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Even as someone who is not as "over the moon" about the Krakoa era as some here, I really enjoyed this.

    And I agree, Marvel didn't create this in a vacuum. There is definitely a reason for this promotional material.

    It could be as simple as trying to reinvigorate fans with Hickman leaving or it could be hints towards the larger direction of the mutants going forward. Maybe both?

    Very curious. I find it fascinating who is and who isn't given a cameo here. They're clearly trying to use some of the more visually familiar characters to the general audience.
    The more cynic part of me thinks it's because Marvel still believes they got the goose that lays golden eggs here, which they can use as it with minimal effort or care, hence pushing it as great new status quo for the X-men, while to me the whole thing is build on such a shackey foundation (i consider it valid possibility that Hickman never intendet for this to last beyond his run and that it might have been designed as cautionary tale in first place) that it now more than ever requires a lot of care and work to actualy become sustainable in some form.

    So now they try to promote this status quo as perfectly natural state for the X-men to be in, while the paint is allready peeling off on the eggs.

  2. #17
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Yesss!! A krakoa animated show would be lovely and also this pretty much cements this era as the NEW status quo lols.

    Marvel needs to get on xmen animated properties.
    Animated films would be nice since xmen 97 is coming

  3. #18
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yesss!! A krakoa animated show would be lovely and also this pretty much cements this era as the NEW status quo lols.

    Marvel needs to get on xmen animated properties.
    Animated films would be nice since xmen 97 is coming
    Like how can marvel not do an animated Storm. She is an official princess, she was orphaned as a young child in a plane crash, became a child thief, had a calling to go on an adventure in the seregeti no less and became a teenage goddess before giving it all up to interact with and save the greater world. I mean if that ain't a disney princess formula incarnate i don't know what is. Like move over Frozen can we get Storm. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,868

    Default

    What tone would you even use for a Krakoa cartoon?

  5. #20
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What tone would you even use for a Krakoa cartoon?
    Depends on the cartoon and story. There could be your Xmen like in the video with more outside adventures, there can be the maradurers who rescue mutants, you could have a more chill vibe with an academy x you could go darker with a hellions which rehabs bad mutants. It's a whole place with millions of people. Pick a tone. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

  6. #21
    Mighty Member davetvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What tone would you even use for a Krakoa cartoon?
    Justice League Unlimited, but make it Marvel.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Justice League Unlimited, but make it Marvel.
    Yesss

    It makes so much so much sense.

  8. #23
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Like how can marvel not do an animated Storm. She is an official princess, she was orphaned as a young child in a plane crash, became a child thief, had a calling to go on an adventure in the seregeti no less and became a teenage goddess before giving it all up to interact with and save the greater world. I mean if that ain't a disney princess formula incarnate i don't know what is. Like move over Frozen can we get Storm. lol
    Right they have an animated branch now...the xmen have LOADS of stories and origins to be told.

    And i do quite prefer animation to live action, so kany possibilities with our merry mutants.

  9. #24
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetherna View Post
    I'm fine with Krakoa but uh, I think you are being far too certain here. Things can change drastically in just a few years if leadership changes etc.
    A few years is still a long time in comics time.

    Let's say they reset the status quo in 2 years, that's still a 5 year Krakoan Age.

    Claremont's run lasted 17 years, Nicieza and Co. had nearly 10 years, and Morrison had like 4ish years.

    Given how popular the Krakoan Age is I would say minimum would be 5 years but if at anytime they use this current status quo in the MCU, it will be forever.

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Right they have an animated branch now...the xmen have LOADS of stories and origins to be told.

    And i do quite prefer animation to live action,
    so kany possibilities with our merry mutants.
    same here. noting beats a good animated show. i just love how much freedom you have with it. mutants especially are a perfect property for cartoons and toys and the more mutants the more toys. i'm sure lego already planning their krakoa build set. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

  11. #26
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Justice League Unlimited, but make it Marvel.
    It's the only thing I want now since the video's release.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    2,252

    Default

    Is this explicit confirmation that the Protocols are clones and not actually the originals?

  13. #28
    Mugga, please. xhx23x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is this explicit confirmation that the Protocols are clones and not actually the originals?
    I personally doubt it, since the whole thing is going for a tongue in the cheek comedic tone, but it's very amusing its being used to reignite that particular discussion.

  14. #29
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Depends on the cartoon and story. There could be your Xmen like in the video with more outside adventures, there can be the maradurers who rescue mutants, you could have a more chill vibe with an academy x you could go darker with a hellions which rehabs bad mutants. It's a whole place with millions of people. Pick a tone. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Justice League Unlimited, but make it Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yesss

    It makes so much so much sense.
    I was thinking more like Young Justice with the more serious tone and complex storytelling/themes and the emphasis on the protagonists fighting an evil cabal (Orchis) and an ever-escalating Superhuman war between Mutants and evil humans while being an overall ensemble.

    JLU would be a more straightforward Superheroic take. Like, Krakoa would probably be more of a Superhero base like the Mansion than, say, a home for Mutant civilization.

    Actually a Justice League Action take on the X-Men would be pretty fun...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •