Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I do find it interesting that his face is constantly shadowed so that we can't see it. And he enjoys playing with chimeras so your idea definitely tracks.
    I like this too , but for this idea to be intriguing and not just being a rehash of typical Sinister villainy, I hope it is not an exact Sinister clone, but a chimera he initially wanted to transfer his consciousness to but discarded as a failed experiment perhaps a disfigured or malformed clone(hence the helmet).Now this clone is ready to destroy all mutants just because his Frankenstein gave up on him and has thrown his lot with natural mutants when a vessel he crafted should/,could have merely been improved on..so Stasis wants to prove that he can upstage the original/prime Sinister

The Good
    -Epic art as usual.
    -Cyke went out saving a baby. [Foo Fighters] There goes my hero! [/Foo Fighters]
    -Who doesn't love animal hybrids? I thought we were dealing with the High Evolutionary again. If plant monsters are Percy's fetish, are multi-armed monkeys Duggan's? :P
    -ZARK! Epic ricochet shot, plus points for making the beams come out of all three lights on that stoplight. Now that was showing off!
    -Dr Stasis has an awesome visual and his plan worked out quite well. Nicely done and so cold blooded!
    -Cyke didn't remember those cryptic last words. Someone removed them during the telepathic upload into his new body or at some other point while his mind was backed up? Emma darling, looking at you but that's too obvious. Coupled with Urich's own memory loss and the telepathic satellites, these mind games will be fun!
    -Forge and Jumbo arguing form vs function.
    -Laura doing The Wolverine and scaring off a lesser predator.
    -Mutants getting progressively stronger with each resurrection? By design or design 'flaw'?
    -Synch doing a psionic Phoenix impression was epic.

The Bad
    -Can't Cyke's optic blasts be red anymore, not white with red highlights? It's like he just frosts the tips now.
    -Can't Synch's aura actually be a painfully vivid and vibrant Gay Pride rainbow anymore?
    -Sunfire. He's got one setting: burn it. His powers are shown to be the extreme and boring liability fire powers always are.
    -How convenient that the real heavy hitters (Jean, Lorna, Rogue) with long range, multifaceted powers were away. Well timed attack, Dr S.
    -So... Synch is going to just be Rogue now (power duplication and retention at a distance)? His story arc better be damn good from now on.

The Ugly
    -Nothing too egregious this issue.

The Verdict
    -Maybe the best issue of the series to date.

Favourite Panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-27-2022 at 07:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Good
    -Epic art as usual.
    -Cyke went out saving a baby. [Foo Fighters] There goes my hero! [/Foo Fighters]
    -Who doesn't love animal hybrids? I thought we were dealing with the High Evolutionary again. If plant monsters are Percy's fetish, are multi-armed monkeys Duggan's? :P
    -ZARK! Epic ricochet shot, plus points for making the beams come out of all three lights on that stoplight. Now that was showing off!
    -Dr Stasis has an awesome visual and his plan worked out quite well. Nicely done and so cold blooded!
    -Cyke didn't remember those cryptic last words. Someone removed them during the telepathic upload into his new body or at some other point while his mind was backed up? Emma darling, looking at you but that's too obvious. Coupled with Urich's own memory loss and the telepathic satellites, these mind games will be fun!
    -Forge and Jumbo arguing form vs function.
    -Laura doing The Wolverine and scaring off a lesser predator.
    -Mutants getting progressively stronger with each resurrection? By design or design 'flaw'?
    -Synch doing a psionic Phoenix impression was epic.

The Bad
    -Can't Cyke's optic blasts be red anymore, not white with red highlights? It's like he just frosts the tips now.
    -Can't Synch's aura actually be a painfully vivid and vibrant Gay Pride rainbow anymore?
    -Sunfire. He's got one setting: burn it. His powers are shown to be the extreme and boring liability fire powers always are.
    -How convenient that the real heavy hitters (Jean, Lorna, Rogue) with long range, multifaceted powers were away. Well timed attack, Dr S.
    -So... Synch is going to just be Rogue now (power duplication and retention at a distance)? His story arc better be damn good from now on.

The Ugly
    -Nothing too egregious this issue.

The Verdict
    -Maybe the best issue of the series to date.

Favourite Panels...
    x1.jpg
    x2.jpg
    x3.jpg
    Cyclops won't remember those last words as his mind was rebooted then. They reboot it every 3 days or something automatically unless something urgent comes up there's an exact data page.

I think Dr Stasis was testing to see how big the gap in memories is

Anyway I can't see Scott not be involved in Emmas takedown of Sinister in Immortal X-Men. Not with the way things ended with Kate Kildare
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-27-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Actually y'know what, thinking about the resurrection protocols, I've figured out how the Avengers/X-Men/Eternals crossover event is gonna come about. The Eternals being pissed about the Avengers camping out in their dead Celestial God's corpse is just a red herring. What's REALLY gonna happen, is the Avengers are gonna find out about mutant resurrection and there's gonna be drama and then mutants will be like oh yeah well if you think that's bad go get mad at the Eternals, they do the same thing as us AND every time THEY do it, it randomly kills a human, so if you're gonna be pissed at anyone for secret resurrection wuwu, it should definitely be them! Just fucking throwing the Eternals under the bus like "Mom says its my turn to use the scapegoat energy."

(This is a shitpost. Do not try to take this seriously and create actual discourse about it. I will bite you).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-27-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly...what if Stasis is a Sinister clone who chose humanity over mutantkind? Maybe Sinister decided to play both sides betting that at least one version of him would win as long as it was on the winning side. This was Duggan can use Sinister without messing with Gillen's plans for Immortal.
    I think you are on to something.

The fact that Doctor Stasis wears a face mask and that they are obscuring his face when it's off, and the rule of thumb is that it will be a character the readers will know.

The personality, the cape reeks of Mister Sinister.

All-New Member

I still don't know why this book exists. It flies in the face of what the other X-books have been doing. Here we have a team that exists only because they were voted in? Just like in Marauders Duggan has no clue about characterization and simply has the team do cool stuff with their powers. Scott falls right back into boring team leader. Jean is just a perfect little model mutant. The others? Pssf! The biggest flaw here? Why would the X-Men, who now have a mutant retreat, decide to move back to NYC and endanger every human there simply by building a new lame headquarters downtown?

Really? I think the team mission is quite clear and not the problem of the serie-

Duggan shared his script work on the Cyclops spread.

A little process on the Cyclops spread from X-Men 7. I throw out ideas to my partners, and they comes back better. That's comics. The traffic light as a splitter for the beam is pure, uncut Pepe. It's been a joy and a privilege to entertain you with X-Men comics...

You'll notice I wait to polish up the balloons and boxes until I see how my partners are staging the scene. That's where the finished comic really comes into focus. Try to do the most you can with the least amount of words on the page.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryDugg...07708313407491
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Also, he shared some panels he was inspired by:

Cyclops' real power: GEOMETRY!

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryDugg...10290620489728
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

just read the issue it was very good. can I say why can't humans let mutants have anything? these things literally flew all the way to phobos just to keep an eye on Arrakko seriously? I hope mutants destroy any part of them that ever existed, orchis that is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Forge must be getting tips from Beast, who thought up the satellite brains idea? This is fraught with danger, you set it up for communication then it's hijacked to command every human on earth to go mindless or berserk. To imagine Xavier sanctioning this after Onslaught is ridiculous,but as usual Chuck has it all figured out!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Also, he shared some panels he was inspired by:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryDugg...10290620489728
    Cyke is a math prodigy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by logansrunt View Post
    I still don't know why this book exists. It flies in the face of what the other X-books have been doing. Here we have a team that exists only because they were voted in? Just like in Marauders Duggan has no clue about characterization and simply has the team do cool stuff with their powers. Scott falls right back into boring team leader. Jean is just a perfect little model mutant. The others? Pssf! The biggest flaw here? Why would the X-Men, who now have a mutant retreat, decide to move back to NYC and endanger every human there simply by building a new lame headquarters downtown?
    Yeah the HQ downtown is too iffy, you rather have a gate that is linked to a human-mutant liaison office in NYC calling them in if there is trouble but just being in the middle of the city attracting alien attacks is a weird choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    I think you are on to something.

The fact that Doctor Stasis wears a face mask and that they are obscuring his face when it's off, and the rule of thumb is that it will be a character the readers will know.

The personality, the cape reeks of Mister Sinister.
    Maybe a surviving clone of Essex from back when he wanted to be his own species.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yeah the HQ downtown is too iffy, you rather have a gate that is linked to a human-mutant liaison office in NYC calling them in if there is trouble but just being in the middle of the city attracting alien attacks is a weird choice.
    Just give a local police commissioner a big-ass X-shaped spotlight to turn on whenever the world needs something. Such a system seems to work well enough for that one rich technocrat superhero with no real superpowers.