Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    That aren't telepathically rigged
    Snort, okay, I need it that if it ended up being Firestar winning the poll in-universe half the island descends into riots claiming the telepaths rigged the vote.

Thought this was the stronger of the two X-books today. Gerry has got a real good voice for this series.

It was ok. Laura is still off. Feats were neat.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Oh sh-t, finally an omega for mimicry and its Synch!

Incredible Member

really enjoyed the issue but i had a question about scotts powers. could he always shoot his optic blasts the way he did here?

I've seen him bounce them off walls before, but here he bounces it off a chimera, into one side of a traffic light, coming out of three others lights on the other side, hitting two chimeras and wall where it splits into three beams hitting two more chimeras, then bounces of a bus window, splitting into two beams and hitting another two chimeras.

it looked really cool but i don't know how he did it

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I haven't read much X-Men since the beginning of the Krakoa Saga. Figured I'd give it another chance.

Overall, it was good but I have some mixed feelings.

+ The action sequences with Cyclops and Synch were the highlights
    + Dr. Stasis is an interesting villain.
    + I liked the interactions with Scott and Emma

= I'm confused and not sure what to make of Cyclops. I'm behind so some information can help. Is he upset that Ulrich's Mind was wiped of the resurrection information? Couldn't Scott and the Quiet Council have spoken about this? I figured Krakoa would have a PR Department. Couldn't he tell the reporter, "Our research is still experimental and classified. Yes, we're making medical progress, but resurrections? Also, being mutants on a secluded island, you can only imagine the stories being printed about us"

Or is Scott more angry that the Quiet Council is keeping secrets from him? The take I got at the end was that he's mad that Dr. Stasis is a step of him in planning.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 01-26-2022 at 11:37 AM.

I love Scott's campaign for the vote. "You know who I am, vote for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I haven't read much X-Men since the beginning of the Krakoa Saga. Figured I'd give it another chance.

Overall, it was good but I have some mixed feelings.

+ The action sequences with Cyclops and Synch were the highlights
    + Dr. Stasis is an interesting villain.
    + I liked the interactions with Scott and Emma

= I'm confused and not sure what to make of Cyclops. I'm behind so some information can help. Is he upset that Ulrich's Mind was wiped of the resurrection information? Couldn't Scott and the Quiet Council have spoken about this? I figured Krakoa would have a PR Department. Couldn't he tell the reporter, "Our research is still experimental and classified. Yes, we're making medical progress, but resurrections? Also, being mutants on a secluded island, you can only imagine the stories being printed about us"

Or is Scott more angry that the Quiet Council is keeping secrets from him? The take I got at the end was that he's mad that Dr. Stasis is a step of him in planning.
    Krakoa doesn’t have a LOT of things you would think a functioning nation would have. While I like that each of the writers get to do a bit of nation/myth building independently, I also think that once they figured out this was gonna be a long-term status quo they should have done some coordinated planning around stuff like this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Krakoa doesn’t have a LOT of things you would think a functioning nation would have. While I like that each of the writers get to do a bit of nation/myth building independently, I also think that once they figured out this was gonna be a long-term status quo they should have done some coordinated planning around stuff like this.
    This. So much this. Just…I don’t know, do a book explaining it all since they favor data pages so much, do an online supplement or encyclopedia of some kind, it doesn’t need to be in the comics at this point since they’d probably need to retcon it in anyway.

Incredible Member

Maybe they should hired someone to coordinate this things, maybe and editor? I wonder why they don't have one of those.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It doesn't help that some of the things they have established to exist have also been protrayed as weirdly disfunctional or the people in charge less than capable, despite being created or led by people who should have years of experience or enough common knowledge to know how it should work.

BANNED

The Protocols = resurrection not randomly (by singular circumstances, no less), but on the reg, which = functional immortality WITH, customized "improvements" as an added bonus.

That some fail to comprehend the potentially catastrophic implications of that becoming common, public, worldwide knowledge is not only baffling but leaves me wondering if some are being willfully obtuse, or what. I mean, forget the enemies they have that already exist, what about the incalculable number of newly informed persons all over the earth WHO...
    lost a loved one too soon, and would give or do anything, for a chance to get them back?
    What about others, secret cabals who begin plotting to bring back some long-dead despot by any, likely nefarious means necessary?
    What about other countries or just individual megalomaniacs with infinite resources, or entire alien civilizations, what would they do to acquire what amounts to basically...
    the SECRET of LIFE?!
    It'd be nothing short of absolute insanity & chaos!!

Sorry, but handwaving all of that away as tantamount to 'no big deal' seems so beyond dismissive, it sounds disingenuous. We are talking about death as a revolving door, as a sure thing. Look at the complications that have arose on Krakoa alone, within their much smaller numbers, and then multiply that by an inconceivable number of variables. My God, it's like people really fail to think beyond the immediate sometimes, and just don't take the time to consider any likely, reasoned ramifications.

And AFAIK, nobody knows what goes on at & inside Orchis, but Orchis. So, IDK where some comments were going with that, either.

Lastly, things changed and nothing's the same, which is why & when all slates were wiped clean. Whatever came before isn't supposed to matter, but anything & everything since sure does.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    The Protocols = resurrection not randomly (by singular circumstances, no less), but on the reg, which = functional immortality WITH, customized "improvements" as an added bonus.

That some fail to comprehend the potentially catastrophic implications of that becoming common, public, worldwide knowledge is not only baffling but leaves me wondering if some are being willfully obtuse, or what. I mean, forget the enemies they have that already exist, what about the incalculable number of newly informed persons all over the earth WHO...
    lost a loved one too soon, and would give or do anything, for a chance to get them back?
    What about others, secret cabals who begin plotting to bring back some long-dead despot by any, likely nefarious means necessary?
    What about other countries or just individual megalomaniacs with infinite resources, or entire alien civilizations, what would they do to acquire what amounts to basically...
    the SECRET of LIFE?!
    It'd be nothing short of absolute insanity & chaos!!

Sorry, but handwaving all of that away as tantamount to 'no big deal' seems so beyond dismissive, it sounds disingenuous. We are talking about death as a revolving door, as a sure thing. Look at the complications that have arose on Krakoa alone, within their much smaller numbers, and then multiply that by an inconceivable number of variables. My God, it's like people really fail to think beyond the immediate sometimes, and just don't take the time to consider any likely, reasoned ramifications.

And AFAIK, nobody knows what goes on at & inside Orchis, but Orchis. So, IDK where some comments were going with that, either.

Lastly, things changed and nothing's the same, which is why & when all slates were wiped clean. Whatever came before isn't supposed to matter, but anything & everything since sure does.
    A) My complaints have been not that the resurrections don’t change anything but that for a group supposedly wanting to protect it, the Quiet Council does a really shitty job of it and has no right to judge Scott for breaking them when they are the brain trust who kept on sending the same mutants against Orchis despite Orchis killing them every time.

B) Orchis knows. Russia knows. Wakanda probably knows at this point. The security of Krakoa is such a joke, the only reason it hasn’t become public yet is probably because everyone who wanted to make it public all went the info to Urich specifically as their first choice of reporters to break the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    A) My complaints have been not that the resurrections don’t change anything but that for a group supposedly wanting to protect it, the Quiet Council does a really shitty job of it and has no right to judge Scott for breaking them when they are the brain trust who kept on sending the same mutants against Orchis despite Orchis killing them every time.

B) Orchis knows. Russia knows. Wakanda probably knows at this point. The security of Krakoa is such a joke, the only reason it hasn’t become public yet is probably because everyone who wanted to make it public all went the info to Urich specifically as their first choice of reporters to break the story.
    Keep in mind that no one knows about Wakanda, Russia, and presuming Orchis leaked that to Urich and he didn't just figure it out himself they probably think thats dealt in. Bad coordination aside.

Cyclops motivation here should be to protect the secret at all costs. He's not privy to the same knowledge the reader is and neither is the QC. And in character that should be everyones motivation.

If whoever wanted it made public they would have leaked it to multiple individuals. But they probably want the threat of it looming rather then it being made public. That or Urich just pieced it together himself

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Keep in mind that no one knows about Wakanda, Russia, and presuming Orchis leaked that to Urich and he didn't just figure it out himself they probably think thats dealt in. Bad coordination aside.

Cyclops motivation here should be to protect the secret at all costs. He's not privy to the same knowledge the reader is and neither is the QC. And in character that should be everyones motivation.
    I mean as someone on the Reddit has pointed out, they’ve apparently been having dead mutants from Genosha going out to meet their still living family outside of Krakoa. If that’s being allowed, I don’t see why Cyke needs to put in the extra effort.