Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Mr. Omega telepath would like a word with you, but he might be too busy abusing the resurrection system to change his clothing.
    I don't think we have seen Quentin contribute any thing useful to Krakoan Society other then push dead mutants further down the line with his queue hogging.

Its not that we can't think of solutions. I mean Krakoas security sucks and they have at least 20 mutants better suited then X-Force. Its that the writers want to keep that lost time for now

Found another page, the difference in time it takes for a fast copy vs full copy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They have to be high level telepaths
    There are only a few high level telepaths. Sure thats why I said if Forge builds a machine (which he hasn't) it would change things. But this loss of memory was a major plot point used by writers as a weakness for the protocols and its still an ongoing plot. Spurrier used this to bring back Onslaught.
    That is unless Wandas solution prevents memory loss.
    No, the page in HoXPoX 9 part of the resurrection data pages simply says. "..a work around or a team of telepaths properly trained to use cerebro" properly trained means anyone who is a telepath just needs the training to get to required proficiency, it doesn't say the telepath has to be 'high level' by which this level is not experiential but power level.As long as we accept proper training is required the indication is any telepath with enough training could do this.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-28-2022 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    No, the page in HoXPoX 9 part of the resurrection data pages simply says. "..a work around or a team of telepaths properly trained to use cerebro" properly trained means anyone who is a telepath just needs the training to get to required proficiency, it doesn't say the telepath has to be high level by which this level is not experiential but power level.As long as we accept proper training is required the indication is any telepath with enough training could do this.
    The only ones who have been shown to use it are as follows and we are two years in:

Stepford Cuckoos x5
    Emma
    Jean
    Exodus
    Xavier
    Legion

I imagine Psylocke could and Rachel amd QQ and even No Girl but I can't imagine Mentallo or Martinique using it. Regardless its a very time consuming process. And the writers want to keep this weakness for now
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-28-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Found another page, the difference in time it takes for a fast copy vs full copy
    This legacy detail, is the reverse of an update, it requires current identity to be replaced by a legacy (older) version, this is not a common occurrence in updates anyway so the idea that all updates require skilled (if this to you means 'high level') operators in this regard is false they must be skilled in so far as they handle cerebro well enough for the task but not to do rare legacy back ups.

Astonishing Member

The only ones who have been shown to use it are as follows and we are two years in:

Stepford Cuckoos x5
    Emma
    Jean
    Exodus
    Xavier
    Legion

I imagine Psylocke could and Rachel amd QQ and even No Girl but I can't imagine Mentallo or Martinique using it. Regardless its a very time consuming process. And the writers want to keep this weakness for now
    The identity of the telepaths isn't fixed , but it also doesn't mean telepaths like Karma can't be trained to do this.I'm not going by panels to claim.what is clear in data pages.If the idea that skill was key from the outset, there would be no mention of 'training'. I agree with you that writers just want to leave loopholes in the system to allow for story intrigue ,but in general the blueprint of how the system.should run ensures that such 'lapses' should be mitigated.

The identity of the telepaths isn't fixed , but it also doesn't mean telepaths like Karma can't be trained to do this.I'm not going by panels to claim.what is clear in data pages.If the idea that skill was key from the outset, there would be no mention of 'training'. I agree with you that writers just want to leave loopholes in the system to allow for story intrigue ,but in general the blueprint of how the system.should run ensures that such 'lapses' should be mitigated.
    Well is Karma an actual telepath? That can use Cerebro? I don't think her powers work that way. Has she been shown to use Cerebro ever?

Same for Dani she's not the same as a telepath its very niche. Same for Empath same for Lady Mastermind. I think Wyngarde and Martinique have some sort of telepathic ability.

When they say trained in Cerebro they mean telepaths who won't injure themselves using it

I think Blindfold has used Cerebro before but shes dead. Even when you go through the list of mutant telepaths there aren't that many more who are true telepaths e.g. Manslaughter

I don't think Selene is an actual telepath in that sense either. Niether was Apocalypse, Astrid is dead and Birdy like Dani and Karma wasn't exactly a true telepath

Both Sinisters are
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-28-2022 at 08:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Well is Karma an actual telepath? That can use Cerebro? I don't think her powers work that way. Has she been shown to use Cerebro ever?

Same for Dani she's not the same as a telepath its very niche. Same for Empath same for Lady Mastermind. I think Wyngarde and Martinique have some sort of telepathic ability.

When they say trained in Cerebro they mean telepaths who won't injure themselves using it

I think Blindfold has used Cerebro before but shes dead. Even when you go through the list of mutant telepaths there aren't that many more who are true telepaths e.g. Manslaughter

I don't think Selene is an actual telepath in that sense either. Niether was Apocalypse, Astrid is dead and Birdy like Dani and Karma wasn't exactly a true telepath

Both Sinisters are
    Well she is listed as a telepath or having telepath like abilities, to hijack someone's mind with one's own is definitely in that category.I don't know how her powers work either, but if she is a telepath as is hinted by her power range, then yeah she can be among the telepaths trained. I don't think I would base who is and who isn't a telepath (especially in current status quo with all hands on deck) based on whether they've ever used cerebro before.I haven't seen cerebro being used by such a wide range of telepaths anyway. How do you know that the caveat for using cerebro is for those who are tough enough to withstand injury? In any case training is there to avoid this eventuality imo.
    Last edited by Rev9; 01-28-2022 at 08:36 AM.

Well she is listed as a telepath or having telepathic abilities, I don't know how her powers work either, but if she is a telepath as is hunted by her power range, then yeah she can be among the telepaths trained. I don't think I would base who is and who isn't a telepath (especially in current status quo with all hands on deck) based on whether they've ever used cerebro before.I haven't seen cerebro being used by such a wide range of telepaths anyway. How do you know that the caveat for using cerebro is for those who are tough enough to withstand injury? In any case training is there to avoid this eventuality imo.
    I don't think Karma has shown those telepathic abilities just possession. Dani is illusions and Empath is emotional manipulation. I don't think shes shown sending and receiving thoughts like a normal telepath.

Because its normally high level telepaths using it. Cerebro once allowed non telepaths access but since the 00s its been only telepath based. And usually only powerful ones. Regardless this team of telepaths hasn't been established yet. It seems to be just 6 or 7 people so far who have other duties as well and aren't purely focused on resurrection like the 5

Astonishing Member

I don't think Karma has shown those telepathic abilities just possession. Dani is illusions and Empath is emotional manipulation. I don't think shes shown sending and receiving thoughts like a normal telepath.

Because its normally high level telepaths using it. Cerebro once allowed non telepaths access but since the 00s its been only telepath based. And usually only powerful ones. Regardless this team of telepaths hasn't been established yet. It seems to be just 6 or 7 people so far who have other duties as well and aren't purely focused on resurrection like the 5
    Maybe that could be a reason why Forge is coming up or going along with the brain satellites idea,to automate the process? Could be an idea that could backfire spectacularly if anyone seizes command of those brain halves for nefarious means.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The Good
    -Epic art as usual.
    -Cyke went out saving a baby. [Foo Fighters] There goes my hero! [/Foo Fighters]
    -Who doesn't love animal hybrids? I thought we were dealing with the High Evolutionary again. If plant monsters are Percy's fetish, are multi-armed monkeys Duggan's? :P
    -ZARK! Epic ricochet shot, plus points for making the beams come out of all three lights on that stoplight. Now that was showing off!
    -Dr Stasis has an awesome visual and his plan worked out quite well. Nicely done and so cold blooded!
    -Cyke didn't remember those cryptic last words. Someone removed them during the telepathic upload into his new body or at some other point while his mind was backed up? Emma darling, looking at you but that's too obvious. Coupled with Urich's own memory loss and the telepathic satellites, these mind games will be fun!
    -Forge and Jumbo arguing form vs function.
    -Laura doing The Wolverine and scaring off a lesser predator.
    -Mutants getting progressively stronger with each resurrection? By design or design 'flaw'?
    -Synch doing a psionic Phoenix impression was epic.

The Bad
    -Can't Cyke's optic blasts be red anymore, not white with red highlights? It's like he just frosts the tips now.
    -Can't Synch's aura actually be a painfully vivid and vibrant Gay Pride rainbow anymore?
    -Sunfire. He's got one setting: burn it. His powers are shown to be the extreme and boring liability fire powers always are.
    -How convenient that the real heavy hitters (Jean, Lorna, Rogue) with long range, multifaceted powers were away. Well timed attack, Dr S.
    -So... Synch is going to just be Rogue now (power duplication and retention at a distance)? His story arc better be damn good from now on.

The Ugly
    -Nothing too egregious this issue.

The Verdict
    -Maybe the best issue of the series to date.

Favourite Panels...
    Attachment 117818
    Attachment 117819
    Attachment 117820
    These are o.g. aspects of Synch's powers. During the Phalanx Covenant he was able to retain Sabertooth and Banshee powers at the same time, without them being in the immediate vicinity. Pretty much canon

Astonishing Member

I'd imagine there are probably more unnamed ones considering how often the power pops up among Named X-men , given the total number of mutants they probably have say, at least a hundred more of varying power? Not that it'll matter since they aren't named characters.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    These are o.g. aspects of Synch's powers. During the Phalanx Covenant he was able to retain Sabertooth and Banshee powers at the same time, without them being in the immediate vicinity. Pretty much canon
    I remember that Synch kept Sabertooth's bulk for a bit, yes, but I don't remember him keeping other power residuals after that. I stopped reading Generation X a bit after Bachalo's second run so I may have missed some of Synch's finer power points.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hope has used Cerebro and we haven't even gotten firm confirmation that she's a telepath.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Hope has used Cerebro and we haven't even gotten firm confirmation that she's a telepath.
    I'd venture she was mimicking someone's telepathy, probably Xavier.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'