Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I just realized, from the latest Black panther comic, wiping Urich's mind is likely even more pointless.
    How so? I mean it seems everyone has sleeper agents on Krakoa but it doesn't mean Nezhno has revealed everything. And even if he has are we expecting TChalla tp double cross the X-Men?

And keep in mind the QC don't know about this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    How so? I mean it seems everyone has sleeper agents on Krakoa but it doesn't mean Nezhno has revealed everything. And even if he has are we expecting TChalla tp double cross the X-Men?
    I mean in the sense the security of the resurrection protocols are even more of a joke than before. At some point the big reveal is maybe going to shock maybe someone in Siberia and no one else

Laura: Jean, jean, get over here, we need you to cry over Scott's body for a bit

Jean: What? Why?

Laura: The security of the protocols!

Jean: Laura, the professor literally had Magneto use the latest batch of Logans as adamantium skeleton missiles against that dumb Orchis space station. No one cares about keeping it a secret anymore.

Laura: You're joking, they still can't get rid of it?

I mean in the sense the security of the resurrection protocols are even more of a joke than before. At some point the big reveal is maybe going to shock maybe someone in Siberia and no one else

Laura: Jean, jean, get over here, we need you to cry over Scott's body for a bit

Jean: What? Why?

Laura: The security of the protocols!

Jean: Laura, the professor literally had Magneto use the latest batch of Logans as adamantium skeleton missiles against that dumb Orchis space station. No one cares about keeping it a secret anymore.

Laura: You're joking, they still can't get rid of it?
    Security is a joke. But thats X-Forces job which has been the weakest book since HoX. They need a whole new team

But in story the QC don't know about Russia, Dracula and Wakanda

And as much as it pains me to say this the X-Mansion in Jason Aarons WATXM had better security then Krakoa and he had less mutants to pool from.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-26-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Astonishing Member

Security is a joke. But thats X-Forces job which has been the weakest book since HoX. They need a whole new team

Oh c'mon, you know Scott and Logan have drinks every friday night where Logan gets to vent about the incompetent blue furball he's forced to work for.

"And then he thought infesting an entire nation with plant parasites would be the most brilliant espionage tool in the books. Everyone in charge of anything of this island is insane!"

"Preaching to the choir Logan."

BANNED

This series continues to elevate my already immense enjoyment of the Krakoa era. Everything about it, is all coming together, quite nicely. I LOVE (everything about) IT, and today especially:

our 3 brightest, most beautiful mutant boys (next to the bodacious Bobby, of course), who star in it!!!

But Jean, Logan, & Emma *do need* to free one-eye's willy, and start sharing, Summers can handle it. He's obviously got more than enough to go around, so there's no reason to be so stingy, with all those great, BIG attributes he's endowed with. ;P

Seriously, though, this issue was damn good. Scott is hot, but he's also righteous, admirable, and inspiring, in all the most romantic ways. And what I like most is how now, he's not trying so hard at it as before, he just is. It's a real good look and feels like such a natural fit for him. Even more wonderful, in Everett we have an ABSOLUTELY ideal apprentice, who embodies all these same, highly esteemed qualities. The there's Shiro, who's slowly but surely becoming less of a co-worker and more of a friend to those around him, Ev in particular. This team as a unit is definitely growing on me, but do think some casual, downtime bonding is in order, to cement them as more than just a group of battle buddies. Hopefully we get that at least once before any roster changes occur, if & when they do.

The devious & diabolical layers being added to the demented Dr. Stasis are making him more & more compelling. Can't wait to find out who he is, 'cause it's pretty much a sure thing at this point, we're going to recognize him when it's revealed. I think he has the potential to be an iconic, long-lasting nemesis and his joining Orchis' ranks, made them a far more formidable threat, as well. He's going to bring some shocking devastation & suffering, sooner or later, I just know it... and fear it!

The QC didn't disappoint, either, as it devolves further into the giant shitbird it's become. Can't wait 'til vampiric psychic Queen Selene arrives on the scene, to bring the chaos, and the mean - they won't know what hit 'em! I just hope we can get Kate, Kurt, & Ororo away from that nest of vipers, before the ancient snake-charmer repossesses power, and usurps her lessers.

Spectacular Member

I am wondering about this, why does he have Scott clothes?
    47A4B49B-7C45-4798-AE1B-0566F1D60830.jpg

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I though this was a really great issue. Sold action, great art, and cool developments. Very excited for the next issue.

Have to agree that Duggan's Laura isn't very strong unfortunately.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I had a really random thought, but I wonder if Dr. Stasis could possibly be a Sinister clone working with Sinister 'Prime' or whatever to keep the Quiet Council and X-Men off-balance and playing both sides of the mutant vs human conflict - with one version of himself on the QC and another embedded in Orchis. Or given past precedent with Sinister's clones, it could be possible for Dr. Stasis to be a clone of Sinister that the 'main' Sinister kinda set on a specific course of action without Dr. Stasis even KNOWING he's a clone, or what Sinister's true intentions with him/for him are.

Like, just saying....we know Sinister is loyal to nobody but himself (and given his track record with his clones, not even that's a given, lol), we know from PoX that Sinister ends up betraying mutants to pursue his own agenda in Moira's most recent life and caused the downfall of Krakoa, we know he's working on making chimera mutants which I can't help but see a parallel in having an army of 'chimeras' doing Dr. Stasis' bidding here, and these chimeras are additionally very reminiscent of creatures the High Evolutionary has made in the past....and Sinister and the High Evolutionary have famously worked together on experiments in the past. And finally, there's a very long running precedent of Sinister adopting alternate personas or guises to embed himself somewhere for a longterm scheme, such as his time spent as Dr. Nathan Milbury and various other identities. The scene a few issues ago with Dr. Stasis presiding over a warped 'family dinner' of some kind, like, in hindsight feels not that dissimilar from how he once inserted himself as the director of the orphanage Scott grew up in and like, on top of his secret experiments there, he fucked with Scott and other kids' lives and daily routines just because he could and it amuses him.

Plus there's the fact that this issue cements Dr. Stasis as being preoccupied with Scott specifically, and playing a game with him, and who is obsessed with playing games with Scott Summers above all else?

*Shrugs* Anyway I had this thought, so tossing it out there. Maybe I'm just being random and am totally off-base, and I'm not super set on this theory or anything, but like, little things keep making this pop back into my head every now and then.
    I like where your head's at, and this sounds very much up Sinister's alley.Though my hope is it's revealed to be Dr.Richard Parlance, haven't seen that guy in years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I like where your head's at, and this sounds very much up Sinister's alley.Though my hope is it's revealed to be Dr.Richard Parlance, haven't seen that guy in years.
    It's Brian Micheal Bendis

"I have you once again Scott!"

But no, the Sinister idea woul be cool, but I feel like Immortal will use him instead.

And as much as it pains me to say this the X-Mansion in Jason Aarons WATXM had better security then Krakoa and he had less mutants to pool from.
    Funny, you just explained the need for some kind highlight of the group of great Captains in Krakoa and what the heck they should be doing in and for them. This is what happens when there are too many chefs in the kitchen and none of can make a complete meal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Funny, you just explained the need for some kind highlight of the group of great Captains in Krakoa and what the heck they should be doing in and for them. This is what happens when there are too many chefs in the kitchen and none of can make a complete meal.
    How about any kind of infrastructure, buercracy, identification of what each individual council member actually does. AFAIK Collussus is there to be a big shiny object and vote the way Xavier tells him too. For most governing duties, it's typically whoever comes with a complaint immediately gets put in charge of the newly formed department Charles just made for the problem they are complaining about. The department is the mutant. Do whatever you want to fix it, just stop interrupting Charles when he's trying to do the Reefer.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm excited for the revolution that Scott, Jean and the X-Men are clearly about to start. The Quiet Council are made up of self-serving douchebags, and that's not going to change. Lest we forget that Kieron Gillen views Emma Frost as a villain...

To the people that think that Scott is being a hypocrite because of making similar seedy decisions during the Utopia era - Scott's not that person anymore, and he shouldn't have been forced to be that person in the first place. He's always been a more heroic character and only became darker 1. through the influence of Emma Frost (effectively making him someone he's not) and 2. because he had to be who mutantkind needed to be during the Decimation era. He doesn't have that influence (at least in the same way) anymore, and he doesn't need to be that person anymore because mutants are thriving. They aren't fighting for their survival in the same way because they've technically WON their survival and have "defeated" death at least for the time being. He doesn't need to be Rightclops anymore and even if he did, Scott was still a very explicit hero the entire time that he was Rightclops. I think y'all are mistaking Dictatorclops and Rightclops.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I think you're right end X-Force and let the Great Captains with Gorgon establish real security across the island and thought out the magical realm

Astonishing Member

I think you're right end X-Force and let the Great Captains with Gorgon establish real security across the island and thought out the magical realm
    And free elections!

And free elections!
    That aren't telepathically rigged