Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    (Silly?) Question - Are Dr. Stasis and Feilong different characters?
    No they're the same person.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    No they're the same person.
    Lol i thought they were different people too. lol. i kept thinking what happened to feilong and thought the next issue we would see since Jean/Polaris/Rogue was on mars but then Jean was back reading cyclops mind. So i guess that confusion would be the weakest part of the issue for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Wasent there a alpha flight villan who had the same animal minions and a similar design to stasis
    Are you thinking of Scramble? Box's brother. Been a while since I read Alpha Flight but that is the one that comes to mind.

The page about communication.

communication.jpg
    I think there was a typo on the marvel girl part and it should have been earth and arrako rather than earth and krakoa as the first just makes more sense with the description.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Laura was literally crying over his dead body.

And of course their attitude about death has changed it wouldn't make much sense to have the same attitude about death when mutants are effectively immortal now.
    Stub a toe and people will still show compassion. I think it says something that the dude gets his throat slit and Wolverine has the biggest reaction to it. These are traumatic experiences that they are just numb to now.

Death still matters though, maybe more so. In a world where your consciouness is immortal what you can lose when you die is a piece of that. Like rockslide is different now, as is Gorgon. Cyclops was told something he doesn't even remember. In the very real sense of comic book deaths the stakes are the same in that they lose time but the time is immediate instead of "omg so and so was dead for months and just came back" it doesn't make the pain less, they may be coming back, but they still lost a piece of themselves. That is why it is still so wrong imo what colossus did to domino by taking away the memories she wanted to have returned to her. Who knows what path or who domino would be right now if she had that information. These deaths can still change the characters destiny.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    And I'm sure Emma herself would congratulate him on that means he's not stupid
    The best description I can come up with for Emma to describe her to non-readers would be "devil on the side of angels", or as TV Tropes calls it (which I think doesn't fit quite as well), the Token Evil Teammate.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    It's Brian Micheal Bendis

"I have you once again Scott!"

But no, the Sinister idea woul be cool, but I feel like Immortal will use him instead.
    You sure you don't mean Bunn or Hopeless? They did worse to him than Bendis did. Bendis just gave up and started phoning it in, the other two actively ripped away any semblance of competence he had.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You sure you don't mean Bunn or Hopeless? They did worse to him than Bendis did. Bendis just gave up and started phoning it in, the other two actively ripped away any semblance of competence he had.
    Now, now, there's no need for us to quibble. There's more than enough writers-being-****-at-characterization-over-the-past-ten-years to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Now, now, there's no need for us to quibble. There's more than enough writers-being-****-at-characterization-over-the-past-ten-years to go around.
    True dat. What I really hold against BMB is his inability to finish no matter how strong his start was. Truly the Atlanta Falcons of comic writers.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh sh-t, finally an omega for mimicry and its Synch!
    Then of what use is hope

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Then of what use is hope
    Lmao good point. She is technically "the great unifier" But then again there's like 3 reality warpers and 2 tps on the Omega level list.

Astonishing Member

Exactly. Storm's powers have tons of overlap with Bobby and Magneto's. Jean and Quentin are both omega level telepaths, as pointed out, and Jamie, Proteus and Mercator are all reality warpers. Legion's power manifestation abilities have a ton in common with Hope's ability to manifest any mutant power already, and Vulcan's energy manipulation is broad enough that pretty much everything he's ever done at least one other omega mutant has done it as well. And so on and so on. Omega mutants have never been a 'there can only be one' thing since their power is defined as having no upper limit, NOT 'the most powerful person with that power' so I don't get why people keep acting like Hope is some sort of dealbreaker for Synch being an omega when pretty much ALL the existing omegas have considerable overlap already.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I thought this issue was an improvement in quality. That being said, the character writing still seems a bit odd, and Laura and Rogue really need some love.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Despite my mocking of how she just did it to protect the protocols, Laura crying over Scott is a perfectly normal response, she's not some mutant a few generations down the line who knows that death is essentially pointless and mutants are finally on the verge of making the Cancerverse. She will instinctively treat death, even of someone she knows is coming back, as an inherent tragedy for oh..probably quite a while. If anything the younger kids in Way of X doing the death related stuff was too fast a transition, but that was because of Onslaught.