Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Maybe a surviving clone of Essex from back when he wanted to be his own species.
    Seems a good bet

this Mr. Sinister discussion also shows that the new villain is way too stereotypical "X-Men villain" if he feels already similar like a former one...

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops won't remember those last words as his mind was rebooted then. They reboot it every 3 days or something automatically unless something urgent comes up there's an exact data page.
    I think Dr Stasis was testing to see how big the gap in memories is
    Anyway I can't see Scott not be involved in Emmas takedown of Sinister in Immortal X-Men. Not with the way things ended with Kate Kildare
    3 day delay? OK, thanks. You'd assume the most important mutants would receive real time backups.
    Sinister will get his... no time soon but he'll get his.
    Last edited by nx01a; 01-28-2022 at 06:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Duggan shared his script work on the Cyclops spread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryDugg...07708313407491
    Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    And the stoplight was Pepe's idea!
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    3 day delay? OK, thanks. You'd assume the most important mutant would receive real time backups.
    This is the same absurd notion that gets me wondering when some people claim Emma is clueless of Sinister murdering the Hellion team as soon as they exited Amenth/Avalon to get to Krakoa.For that dangerous a mission knowing death in Amenth or near death upon extraction to Krakoa requires instantaneous retrieval of data and back up..to assume somehow Hellions were not backed up immediately because no one was at the desk is beyond ridiculous.Emma had to know of the betrayal, we know Synch was backed up immediately and his comrades had husks ready for resurrection when intel was retrieved. So it's weird to assume Hellions were not fast tracked to the front of the resurrection queue. The case of Scott should not be different as he is pretty vulnerable compared to his teammates.

3 day delay? OK, thanks. You'd assume the most important mutants would receive real time backups.
    Its once a week, but a telepath would have to be sitting there with Cerebra actively updating their mind every second otherwise. So even if they got special treatment and had their minds backed up prior to the battle he wouldn't have had second by second back ups as they don't have a telepath sitting around doing second by second updates. Unless like in Synchs case you have time to call for help and are heard prior to dying
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member

Its once a week, but a telepath would have to be sitting there with Cerebra actively updating their mind every second otherwise. So even if they got special treatment and had their minds backed up prior to the battle he wouldn't have had second by second back ups as they don't have a telepath sitting around doing second by second updates. Unless like in Synchs case you have time to call for help and are heard prior to dying
    Although I can understand writers dictating such lapses for the sake of story having stakes, to say Krakoa doesn't have enough telepaths to do this is disingenuous.The stepfords are 5 and they are more than enough to work in unison to help Xavier with the workload.It was even mentioned that more than one telepath work to help Xavier to share the workload so I actually think there is always a telepath at a minimum doing mental updates/backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Although I can understand writers dictating such lapses for the sake of story having stakes, to say Krakoa doesn't have enough telepaths to do this is disingenuous.The stepfords are 5 and they are more than enough to work in unison to help Xavier with the workload.It was even mentioned that more than one telepath work to help Xavier to share the workload so I actually think there is always a telepath at a minimum doing mental updates/backups.
    The Stepford Cuckoo's have a union and won't be slave driven and are also now running the Hellfire Trading Company now. I'd wager a guess it was Jeans job anyway to make sure her team got backed up if one croaked. Synch was there he technically could have done it but doesn't look that way.

But the loss of time seems to be a major plot point and still relevant last mentioned here and in Inferno 4.

Short of Forge building a machine with telepaths brains doing the job every nanosecond for every mutant I doubt we are going to see this change

There are literally dozens (hundreds?) of named mutant telepaths. A shift system can easily work for real time backups of important mutants but I suppose it is also whether the telepaths can be trusted.
    And if there can be telepathic relay satellites, there can be automated telepathic Cerebro updaters.

There are literally dozens (hundreds?) of named mutant telepaths. A shift system can easily work for real time backups of important mutants but I suppose it is also whether the telepaths can be trusted.
    And if there can be telepathic relay satellites, there can be automated telepathic Cerebro updaters.
    They have to be high level telepaths
    There are only a few high level telepaths. Sure thats why I said if Forge builds a machine (which he hasn't) it would change things. But this loss of memory was a major plot point used by writers as a weakness for the protocols and its still an ongoing plot. Spurrier used this to bring back Onslaught.
    That is unless Wandas solution prevents memory loss.

How many telepaths make the backups? How long does each one take? Are they allowed any time of their own?

A delay might actually be understandable outside of immediate issues - like a one way suicide mission that brings a telepath along should be able to send instant Intel rather than losing it.

Everyday stuff has a wait, although I can see high value officials being backed up more often. Although resigning from a Captain's or Council Chair might also mean you don't get backed up as often anymore.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Incredible Member

The Stepford Cuckoo's have a union and won't be slave driven and are also now running the Hellfire Trading Company now. I'd wager a guess it was Jeans job anyway to make sure her team got backed up if one croaked. Synch was there he technically could have done it but doesn't look that way.

But the loss of time seems to be a major plot point and still relevant last mentioned here and in Inferno 4.

Short of Forge building a machine with telepaths brains doing the job every nanosecond for every mutant I doubt we are going to see this change
    At first there were additional stakes where Professor X was the only one who should be extremely protected as he was the key to resurrection (implied he was the only one who could do Cerebro backups and resurrection). Overtime, the other writers have had other telepaths and Hope be able to do the resurrections, which removed the necessity of Xavier specifically, and seemed to turn it into any telepaths.

Memory loss seems to be the only real stakes with mutant resurrection. And that is only an issue in the specific situation of (1) Enemy knows mutant resurrection is possible, plus (2) Mutants are keeping it a secret. Since both conditions have to be met, it really is not a real stake aside from being plot-driven.

Since telepaths are a dime a dozen, it certainly seems feasible that the Quiet Council can task telepaths to do near real-time backups of mutants who are off island. How hard would it be for the X-men to think/communicate to QC that they are entering a conflict, and then QC activates a telepath to do real time backup?

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    At first there were additional stakes where Professor X was the only one who should be extremely protected as he was the key to resurrection (implied he was the only one who could do Cerebro backups and resurrection). Overtime, the other writers have had other telepaths and Hope be able to do the resurrections, which removed the necessity of Xavier specifically, and seemed to turn it into any telepaths.

Memory loss seems to be the only real stakes with mutant resurrection. And that is only an issue in the specific situation of (1) Enemy knows mutant resurrection is possible, plus (2) Mutants are keeping it a secret. Since both conditions have to be met, it really is not a real stake aside from being plot-driven.

Since telepaths are a dime a dozen, it certainly seems feasible that the Quiet Council can task telepaths to do near real-time backups of mutants who are off island. How hard would it be for the X-men to think/communicate to QC that they are entering a conflict, and then QC activates a telepath to do real time backup?
    It hasn't been any telepaths. Its only been high level telepaths and I think the data page that talked about expanding to other telepaths said it.

So thats your Cuckoos, Emma, Jean, Xavier and Exodus and Hope copying someone

Cyclops didn't even warn the QC about Urich so we can't use logic here. As Cyclops behaviour has been irrational

Found a page but not every run of the mill telepath is trained to use Cerebra
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-28-2022 at 07:29 AM.

Yeah, a simple 'heading into battle, monitor us both for mental backup and send in the cavalry purposes' seems perfectly logical.

Forge having a brain trust (looking at you, Age of Apocalypse Sinister) of cultured Xavier telepathic centers to supplement any power level of telepath sitting in the chair... or preferably multiple chairs. Put those lazy mutants to work!

Incredible Member

It hasn't been any telepaths. Its only been high level telepaths and I think the data page that talked about expanding to other telepaths said it.

So thats your Cuckoos, Emma, Jean, Xavier and Exodus and Hope copying someone

Cyclops didn't even warn the QC about Urich so we can't use logic here. As Cyclops behaviour has been irrational

Found a page but not every run of the mill telepath is trained to use Cerebra
    Mr. Omega telepath would like a word with you, but he might be too busy abusing the resurrection system to change his clothing.