Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I mean as someone on the Reddit has pointed out, they’ve apparently been having dead mutants from Genosha going out to meet their still living family outside of Krakoa. If that’s being allowed, I don’t see why Cyke needs to put in the extra effort.
    Everyone gets ressurected in the MU. Thats been stated in many books that even the news wise up. It was even stated in those Bugle issues.Theres plenty of other ways to explain sudden resurrection some hell god, winning Plutos lotto etc. This is a method without the luck and thats different

Quote Originally Posted by Spit and Syntax View Post
    Thought this was the stronger of the two X-books today. Gerry has got a real good voice for this series.
    There were three X-books today, which book did you mean?

We had Amadeus Cho visit Plutos Realm watching a bunch of heroes that included Banshee playing the slot mahcines in order to win a Jack pot and get ressurected.

Then there's a New Avengers issue i think about someone talking about how spontaneous resurrection is a thing in the MU messes it messes up peoples lives cut to Scott and Emma having dinner.

Then the reporter from Gen M has commented on it too. Iys an everyday gag for Marvel Earthers

Astonishing Member

Yeah, its not that its not a believable motivation that mutants and the QC would want to keep resurrections a secret....its just that the ship has sailed SO MANY TIMES already its just not believable that they think they're actually accomplishing anything at this point beyond amplifying the inevitable backlash once the whole world DOES find out about resurrection....because now on TOP of that, there's going to be backlash because of the specific things mutants have done to keep it a secret, even well past the point where it even COULD be kept a secret, given that their prime enemies Orchis obviously have a pretty strong sense of it already.

Like, people don't like feeling manipulated. Forget about even mindwiping Ben Urich and whether or not that comes out......the Council is dumb for pushing Captain Krakoa as a thing because they actually had this genuine outpouring of support and grief from people about the seeming loss of Cyclops....and at some point now its gonna come out that all that emotion was wasted on an empty memorial while Krakoans pulled the wool over the eyes of the world and slipped the very subject of all that focused emotion right back into the public eye as if he'd never left. That's the sort of thing that people WILL hold a grudge about, because it'll make many of them feel stupid and ask themselves why they even bothered.

This whole thing was a PR snafu. Its not that we don't get the optics around mutant resurrection, its that its just kinda.....bad, to make concern about those optics the focal point of your multi-issue story when literally everything you do in story just unnecessarily exacerbates the worst optics of the situation even further.

*Shrugs* Personally I think they should have just written the secret of mutant resurrection off as a lost cause by now and bite the bullet and face the public becoming informed of it. That story is inevitable anyway, so all of this feels like needlessly drawing it out. A lot of people have pointed out that the title tends to try and do too much and at the expense of character work across the board so what if they just.....didn't waste so much time on a plot that isn't earning the kind of focus they keep investing in it, and invested that focus back into the characters instead? Or even the other plots they've built up....Gameworld, the conflict with Feilong over Phobos and Arakko, there's honestly so many more areas they could be pouring the book's focus into.

But anyway, as long as the focus is on Dr. Stasis and this game he's playing with them, in addition to my previous comments/theory about Dr. Stasis, I just want to point out....

Look who's wearing a weird-ass cape coat and who do we know who loves being extra with unnecessarily weird capes and cape coat tassell shoulder pads and popped collars?

I'M JUST SAYING!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, its not that its not a believable motivation that mutants and the QC would want to keep resurrections a secret....its just that the ship has sailed SO MANY TIMES already its just not believable that they think they're actually accomplishing anything at this point beyond amplifying the inevitable backlash once the whole world DOES find out about resurrection....because now on TOP of that, there's going to be backlash because of the specific things mutants have done to keep it a secret, even well past the point where it even COULD be kept a secret, given that their prime enemies Orchis obviously have a pretty strong sense of it already.

Like, people don't like feeling manipulated. Forget about even mindwiping Ben Urich and whether or not that comes out......the Council is dumb for pushing Captain Krakoa as a thing because they actually had this genuine outpouring of support and grief from people about the seeming loss of Cyclops....and at some point now its gonna come out that all that emotion was wasted on an empty memorial while Krakoans pulled the wool over the eyes of the world and slipped the very subject of all that focused emotion right back into the public eye as if he'd never left. That's the sort of thing that people WILL hold a grudge about, because it'll make many of them feel stupid and ask themselves why they even bothered.

This whole thing was a PR snafu. Its not that we don't get the optics around mutant resurrection, its that its just kinda.....bad, to make concern about those optics the focal point of your multi-issue story when literally everything you do in story just unnecessarily exacerbates the worst optics of the situation even further.

*Shrugs* Personally I think they should have just written the secret of mutant resurrection off as a lost cause by now and bite the bullet and face the public becoming informed of it. That story is inevitable anyway, so all of this feels like needlessly drawing it out. A lot of people have pointed out that the title tends to try and do too much and at the expense of character work across the board so what if they just.....didn't waste so much time on a plot that isn't earning the kind of focus they keep investing in it, and invested that focus back into the characters instead? Or even the other plots they've built up....Gameworld, the conflict with Feilong over Phobos and Arakko, there's honestly so many more areas they could be pouring the book's focus into.

But anyway, as long as the focus is on Dr. Stasis and this game he's playing with them, in addition to my previous comments/theory about Dr. Stasis, I just want to point out....

Look who's wearing a weird-ass cape coat and who do we know who loves being extra with unnecessarily weird capes and cape coat tassell shoulder pads and popped collars?

I'M JUST SAYING!
    Hey, I’m hoping alongside you, I want that to be a thing

“Really Scott, did you think you could ever actually trust me?”

“I didn’t, but Charles did, for some reason.”

“Oh, just some leftover effects from the Red Skull. It’s amazing how many psychic backdoor techniques the third Reich had access to.”

“What?”

“Never mind. As our next test if you can keep your memories, see if you can hold onto this. Next time you see Erik, tell him I remember the camps as well, and it was glorious.”

Astonishing Member

Hey, I’m hoping alongside you, I want that to be a thing

“Really Scott, did you think you could ever actually trust me?”

“I didn’t, but Charles did, for some reason.”

“Oh, just some leftover effects from the Red Skull. It’s amazing how many psychic backdoor techniques the third Reich had access to.”

“What?”

“Never mind. As our next test if you can keep your memories, see if you can hold onto this. Next time you see Erik, tell him I remember the camps as well, and it was glorious.”
    I mean yes, but also no? I know your point with Sinister, but I'm gonna be completely honest with you, I'd prefer the reasons Krakoans shouldn't trust Sinister further than Squidboy could throw him be kept to like....literally all the untrustworthy **** that he does in the current day to day. I quite frankly do not trust Duggan to delve into Sinister's actions during WWII and Magneto's view of them with anything close to the tact such an angle should carry.

Do they really need Sinister when they have Tarn? Gillens big bad with be Unit but his Sinister will be central. I doubt Duggan has dibs on using Sinister. Dr Stasis might be a throw back from that stupid Alien from the 60s run. What was his name Lucifer? Who appeared in Rosenbergs annual

Astonishing Member

I mean yes, but also no? I know your point with Sinister, but I'm gonna be completely honest with you, I'd prefer the reasons Krakoans shouldn't trust Sinister further than Squidboy could throw him be kept to like....literally all the untrustworthy **** that he does in the current day to day. I quite frankly do not trust Duggan to delve into Sinister's actions during WWII and Magneto's view of them with anything close to the tact such an angle should carry.
    Oh I know. I’m just trying to reinforce the idea that Sinister is a former Nazi doctor who experimented on concentration camp victims enough that it hopefully permeates the online space enough that no X-writer feels tempted to do with him what they did for Apocalypse.

BANNED

A) My complaints have been not that the resurrections don’t change anything but that for a group supposedly wanting to protect it, the Quiet Council does a really shitty job of it and has no right to judge Scott for breaking them when they are the brain trust who kept on sending the same mutants against Orchis despite Orchis killing them every time.

B) Orchis knows. Russia knows. Wakanda probably knows at this point. The security of Krakoa is such a joke, the only reason it hasn’t become public yet is probably because everyone who wanted to make it public all went the info to Urich specifically as their first choice of reporters to break the story.
    It was a rebuttal offered in general only, and more aimed at the combined "chorus" of discontent/disbelief over the Rez Protocols being the central plot point which conflicts are pivoting around. It's just a recurring sentiment I've seen expressed ad nauseam over these latest 2 issues, and even before, that ring hollow by denying even the simplest of logic.

I don't think anybody's going to deny the QC's dysfunctional and that their days are numbered. But what allies do Orchis & Russia have, that they'd be willing to share this information with? Who & how many know, within them? Is it possible that Orchis changed their minds and decided they wanted to keep it to themselves, to say perhaps, do some testing to see if it can be used against mutants and/or just for their own personal benefit? Same goes for Russia, or pretty much anybody, I would guess. Maybe it wasn't the QC, but one of them, who messed with Urich's mind & memory? Who approached Urich besides Stasis?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Scott Summers...essentially mutant Trotsky...
    Well we all know how Trotsky ended up,or don't we?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Do they really need Sinister when they have Tarn? Gillens big bad with be Unit but his Sinister will be central. I doubt Duggan has dibs on using Sinister. Dr Stasis might be a throw back from that stupid Alien from the 60s run. What was his name Lucifer? Who appeared in Rosenbergs annual
    I hope you are right and Unit is back, that guy has unfinished business!

BANNED

That story is inevitable anyway, so all of this feels like needlessly drawing it out.
    It's only inevitable if the RP remain undaunted, if they were to become interrupted, commandeered, and/or indefinitely end for any other reason, then it becomes moot.

But Scott still will have died a very public death. And how could the RP becoming worldwide knowledge not be a nightmare in any scenario, for all the reasons I've already given? Hence why the more likely thing is, that never happening. I just can't see how it could ever work, in a successful fashion.

Don't forget too, looks like OR's gonna try to crack the Egg, in XL/DoW.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    It's only inevitable if the RP remain undaunted, if they were to become interrupted, commandeered, and/or indefinitely end for any other reason, then it becomes moot.

But Scott still will have died a very public death. And how could the RP becoming worldwide knowledge not be a nightmare in any scenario, for all the reasons I've already given? Hence why the more likely thing is, that never happening. I just can't see how it could ever work, in a successful fashion.

Don't forget too, looks like OR's gonna try to crack the Egg, in XL/DoW.
    Honestly all that cover reminds me of is that for the supposed Big Bads of this era, Orchis has been such a non-entity they've barely appeared in non-Hickman books, they barely had enough members for that cover, and that people haven't been able to remember if Stasis is part of the group or not.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Scott Summers...essentially mutant Trotsky...
    Does Stalin need an ice pick when he's got an Iceman?

Amazing Member

I think this book is good and when Pepe is drawing it goes up a couple of levels, dude is just incredible.