Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I thought this issue was an improvement in quality. That being said, the character writing still seems a bit odd, and Laura and Rogue really need some love.
    I'll give Duggan credit, while earlier issues dragged some, he has done a decent job in trying to give a large cast at least focus over the last few issues even if the execution hasn't been the greatest. That's better than Maruders was at least.

Or Excalibur.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Stub a toe and people will still show compassion. I think it says something that the dude gets his throat slit and Wolverine has the biggest reaction to it. These are traumatic experiences that they are just numb to now.
    THANK YOU! I’m so tired of the “why do they even care, they’re all clones anyway,” stuff. If my loved one gets a bad scratch, breaks a bone, or even has a bad fall I’m going to show concern even though I know they’ll be fine. Way of X spent half it’s run directly addressing the complaints and talking about how life shouldn’t be thrown away even though they have the protocols, but whiners gonna whine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    I am wondering about this, why does he have Scott clothes?
    Attachment 117772
    When I saw that, my thought was they were the clothes Stasis wore when disguised as the paramedic, in order to get at Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    (Silly?) Question - Are Dr. Stasis and Feilong different characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    No they're the same person.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lol i thought they were different people too. lol. i kept thinking what happened to feilong and thought the next issue we would see since Jean/Polaris/Rogue was on mars but then Jean was back reading cyclops mind. So i guess that confusion would be the weakest part of the issue for me.
    They've been portrayed thus far as 2 different characters, both introduced in X-Men #1, Feilong at the beginning & Dr. Stasis at the end.

And while both are obviously technical geniuses, the former's field of scientific expertise seems to be more geological, with the latter's being biological. The natural sciences, physical & life... environment & mind/body... elemental & psychic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    THANK YOU! I’m so tired of the “why do they even care, they’re all clones anyway,” stuff. If my loved one gets a bad scratch, breaks a bone, or even has a bad fall I’m going to show concern even though I know they’ll be fine. Way of X spent half it’s run directly addressing the complaints and talking about how life shouldn’t be thrown away even though they have the protocols, but whiners gonna whine.
    In my defense, I only brought up that argument as a joke and because my mind naturally goes there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    In my defense, I only brought up that argument as a joke and because my mind naturally goes there.
    No need to defend! I don’t think I read your comment and was talking about the general sentiment.

Astonishing Member

Also I want to add on the resurrection protocols thing, Quentin Quire has left enough corpses of himself around that they started cobbling discount Quentin Quire's out of the leftover body parts in some countries. Where he's goofy as hell costume and forced identity change?

Astonishing Member

Quentin Quire's true omega level ability: cannon fodder.

BANNED

Also I want to add on the resurrection protocols thing, Quentin Quire has left enough corpses of himself around that they started cobbling discount Quentin Quire's out of the leftover body parts in some countries. Where he's goofy as hell costume and forced identity change?
    Were any of his Groundhog Day deaths public? Were there any memorials, news coverage, or outcries of universal grief and support? What would you say QQ's Q rating was in comparison to Cyclops'? Context matters.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    They've been portrayed thus far as 2 different characters, both introduced in X-Men #1, Feilong at the beginning & Dr. Stasis at the end.

And while both are obviously technical geniuses, the former's field of scientific expertise seems to be more geological, with the latter's being biological. The natural sciences, physical & life... environment & mind/body... elemental & psychic.
    Yes indeed. Feilong is building out Arakko's moon while Stasis is experimenting with the chimeras on Earth.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    When I saw that, my thought was they were the clothes Stasis wore when disguised as the paramedic, in order to get at Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yes indeed. Feilong is building out Arakko's moon while Stasis is experimenting with the chimeras on Earth.

Thought so.
    Thanks guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Honestly...what if Stasis is a Sinister clone who chose humanity over mutantkind? Maybe Sinister decided to play both sides betting that at least one version of him would win as long as it was on the winning side. This was Duggan can use Sinister without messing with Gillen's plans for Immortal.

Incredible Member

I am not liking how plot-contrived this comic is becoming.

Cyclops being mortally wounded by an animal hybrid while saving a child? He has faced the High Evolutionary (who Dr. Stasis is an uncreative parody of) countless times. He's faced any number of similar situations without any issue, and all of a sudden, because Cyclops getting killed is necessary for the plot, he can't handle it.

It would be one thing if this is like Way of X, and examining how mutants are now less cautious because they can't truly die. But that is not what this comic is going for - it is going for Captain Krakoa, and conflict between Orchis, Quiet Council, and potentially Cyclops.

One final bit of advice for Doctor Stasis - if you are testing whether Cyclops will be able to remember something you whispered, maybe whisper before you cut his carotid? By the time you finished your sentence about trying an experiment, its possible that Cyclops can't even hear you anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

Cyclops being mortally wounded by an animal hybrid while saving a child? He has faced the High Evolutionary (who Dr. Stasis is an uncreative parody of) countless times. He's faced any number of similar situations without any issue, and all of a sudden, because Cyclops getting killed is necessary for the plot, he can't handle it.

It would be one thing if this is like Way of X, and examining how mutants are now less cautious because they can't truly die. But that is not what this comic is going for - it is going for Captain Krakoa, and conflict between Orchis, Quiet Council, and potentially Cyclops.

One final bit of advice for Doctor Stasis - if you are testing whether Cyclops will be able to remember something you whispered, maybe whisper before you cut his carotid? By the time you finished your sentence about trying an experiment, its possible that Cyclops can't even hear you anymore.
    It's a meta thing, but now that they can kill X-characters and bring them back at whim pretty much, mutants have been dying to things that would be disapointing if they died to and didn't come back for a while.

As for Dr. Stasis cutting the vein, rule of cool. We're in a comic where the lead fires concussive blasts out of his face. Maybe it also gives him a really touch neck vein to pump all that energy up there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post

Why assume that just because Scott handled HE or similar foes he's suddenly immune to injury? If anything he was wounded by Bornan but killed by Stasis.It's not like it's the first time Cyke is killed,he is not invulnerable. Besides Stasis has some sort of animal chimaeras.. Bornan could well have nerve paralyzing poison secreting claws.

Honestly...what if Stasis is a Sinister clone who chose humanity over mutantkind? Maybe Sinister decided to play both sides betting that at least one version of him would win as long as it was on the winning side. This was Duggan can use Sinister without messing with Gillen's plans for Immortal.
    I do find it interesting that his face is constantly shadowed so that we can't see it. And he enjoys playing with chimeras so your idea definitely tracks.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!