Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm going toward the idea of Synch being in The Vault for a few hundred years and being able to further unlock and expand upon his abilities.
    I'm going with the time spent with Darwin's evolvy powers.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Let’s hope CeCe is wrong. Or that there is some limit. Perhaps diminishing returns. If not we will sooner rather then later get a story about how someone uses this to their advantage. Seeing how there have been no specified draw back with being resurrected yet.
    Don't really want to think about Omega level Empath, given how many times he got killed and brought back during Hellions.

I could easily imagine someone trying to take advantage of the system, given that Quentin is already asking the Five for genetic modifications. (He should arguably have gotten a power boost as well, with how many times he's been through the system, but he's already Omega.) But since it's up the Five who comes back when, they could also shut that down quickly. There's a huge back-log of mutants that need to come back, so someone trying to boost their powers via death would have to hide their intentions, and conveniently get killed in battle to keep themselves a priority resurrection. Otherwise the Five will just push them to the back of the queue.

Does Synch not have his rainbow Aura power signature anymore??
    GrindrStone(D)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Don't really want to think about Omega level Empath, given how many times he got killed and brought back during Hellions.
    Wallflower is more powerful than Empath, There was an alternate universe where she took over earth. And so did Prodigy. I could see them, Dazzler, Gambit and some time manipulator (Tempus, Tempo, Lacuna...) joining the Omega club.

Mighty Member

Sage while not the most powerful TP should be able to use Cerebro..

Karma's primary mutation is psionic possession and it was said to operate differently than telepathy and later she gained low level telepathic skills.. I just assume Karma powers work on a different psionic frequency.. Like the difference between microwaves and infrared. Similar energy but a different wave length.

Dani has always been more empathic. She can do similar things that telepaths do like illusions but its always through emotion so I think in a pinch she could use Cerebro but she would lack the technical skill.

Monet definitely should be able to use Cerebro. Her telepathy plus her intelligence and photographic memory makes sense to me.

Other lower end telepaths like Shola to me should be able to in theory but more specialized telepathic esque folks like Prodigy or Tag or Foresight.. but I do think Prodigy could do other interesting things like moving knowledge etc..

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    That's good question, but I'm thinking they just leave that up to each artist interpretation. I haven't seen it hinted at since the gala costume.

why are they afraid to use it? Isn't it cool these days to have a rainbow aura power signature?!?!?! tz,...in the 90s we all had rainbow aura's on our plateau shoes!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm going with the time spent with Darwin's evolvy powers.
    Yep this one right here makes a whole load of sense he mimicked Darwin for so long ,his own mutation has become self evolving.
    Last edited by Rev9; 02-01-2022 at 08:33 AM.

I would enjoy the visual of his aura taking on the properties of whomever he is synching.

If he's synching with a brute/brick -- the aura would be very very tight around his body, just outlining it.
    If he's synching with Havok or Banshee -- the energy ring signature they each emit would be rainbow color when he does it.
    If he's synching with Sunfire -- the flame is psychedelic.
    If he's synching with Jean or Emma -- the psi-signature is rainbow.

Etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Yep this one right here makes a whole load of sense he mimicked Darwin for so long ,his own mutation has become self evolving.
    Hmmm, that's a very reasonable suggestion and explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    But his body is new

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    But his body is new
    He got a download at least before dying. Whether or not that helps is ....meh, with all the handwavium mumbo jumbo around that process I'm sure that it does even if logic says otherwise.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Writerblog View Post
    But his body is new
    Simple the muscle memory is linked to mental/cognitive function because he doesn't randomly copy powers but wills it first I think, he did that to Fuego, he was not sure if he could but I think he intended to copy the power in his mind first..for he reached out to touch him,so his old mind is able to catalyse the body into doing the same.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I had a really random thought, but I wonder if Dr. Stasis could possibly be a Sinister clone working with Sinister 'Prime' or whatever to keep the Quiet Council and X-Men off-balance and playing both sides of the mutant vs human conflict - with one version of himself on the QC and another embedded in Orchis. Or given past precedent with Sinister's clones, it could be possible for Dr. Stasis to be a clone of Sinister that the 'main' Sinister kinda set on a specific course of action without Dr. Stasis even KNOWING he's a clone, or what Sinister's true intentions with him/for him are.

Like, just saying....we know Sinister is loyal to nobody but himself (and given his track record with his clones, not even that's a given, lol), we know from PoX that Sinister ends up betraying mutants to pursue his own agenda in Moira's most recent life and caused the downfall of Krakoa, we know he's working on making chimera mutants which I can't help but see a parallel in having an army of 'chimeras' doing Dr. Stasis' bidding here, and these chimeras are additionally very reminiscent of creatures the High Evolutionary has made in the past....and Sinister and the High Evolutionary have famously worked together on experiments in the past. And finally, there's a very long running precedent of Sinister adopting alternate personas or guises to embed himself somewhere for a longterm scheme, such as his time spent as Dr. Nathan Milbury and various other identities. The scene a few issues ago with Dr. Stasis presiding over a warped 'family dinner' of some kind, like, in hindsight feels not that dissimilar from how he once inserted himself as the director of the orphanage Scott grew up in and like, on top of his secret experiments there, he fucked with Scott and other kids' lives and daily routines just because he could and it amuses him.

Plus there's the fact that this issue cements Dr. Stasis as being preoccupied with Scott specifically, and playing a game with him, and who is obsessed with playing games with Scott Summers above all else?

*Shrugs* Anyway I had this thought, so tossing it out there. Maybe I'm just being random and am totally off-base, and I'm not super set on this theory or anything, but like, little things keep making this pop back into my head every now and then.
    spoilers:
    I read something a few moments ago and thought of this post. I'm not sure why.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jwyatt; 05-11-2022 at 04:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I am patting myself on the back very hard right now, ngl.
    end of spoilers