Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Glorious Mutant Revolution. Rise up!
    Scott Summers...essentially mutant Trotsky...

I mean, once again, the Quiet Council is mind-wiping Urich's mind for essentially no reason. They've already exposed the protocols themselves to Orchis, who leaked them to Urich presumably because they trusted Urich's reputation would buoy the leak, but they can just leak it to a different reporter who won't give the X-men a heads-up this time. At least leave it with the reporter who is sympathetic.
    In a sense, this is true. I mean, the mindwipe certainly didn't stop the problem, i.e., stifle the source.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well considering Cyclops died without telling them about it they probably haven't had to update him. Urich was threatening to release it within a day. It seems all very silly in the first place how do you look out for Krakoas best interests and keep this information from the ruling council.

The story is far too confusing but are we saying Nimrod told Stasis who told Ben or did Stasis find out another way
    Sublime leaked it.

Honestly though, all this issue has done has convinced me the old adage is true "Never trust people with telepathic powers, ever."

Sublime leaked it.

Honestly though, all this issue has done has convinced me the old adage is true "Never trust people with telepathic powers, ever."
    Sublime the same one who was dating Rachel Grey?

Astonishing Member

Sublime the same one who was dating Rachel Grey?
    I was making a joke. I'm referring to the sentient hate bacteria that Grant Morrison suggested was the actual reason humans hate mutants.

I was making a joke. I'm referring to the sentient hate bacteria that Grant Morrison suggested was the actual reason humans hate mutants.
    Yeah he returned in Brian Woods run and was dating Rachel Grey. I think he died there

His sister tried to destroy mutants by forming a sisterhood

Astonishing Member

Yeah he returned in Brian Woods run and was dating Rachel Grey. I think he died there

His sister tried to destroy mutants by forming a sisterhood
    I...what....comic books.....what?!

Long live Synch! Great showing for Cyclops too. Great issue but I'm still not into the way Duggan writes Laura. The only line that rung true was "Do your own killing" or whatever she said to Stasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Laura has had plenty of personality under Duggan. The problem from the start has been that it hasn't been her own.
    I'll rephrase and say I felt like I recognized Laura a tad bit here. The "How about you do your own killing?" line resonated with me. And the emotion portrayed as she kneeled and put her hand over Scott's lifeless heart I thought was lovely.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'll rephrase and say I felt like I recognized Laura a tad bit here. The "How about you do your own killing?" line resonated with me. And the emotion portrayed as she kneeled and put her hand over Scott's lifeless heart I thought was lovely.
    It was rather nice.

Of course if you're a cynical little pos like me it becomes hilarious if you think the only reason she is doing it is because she realized she needs to do something to pretend the protocols exist

"Oh, Scott's dead. Well, I'll see him tomorrow I guess. Oh wait, the flatscans don't know about the protocols! Laura, you need to act grieved! Uh....what if I put my hand on his body? Will that work...I think it's working."

Mighty Member

Part of what made cyclops come off bad too, is that instead of confronting the council then and there, he instead sulks in the background like he's plotting revenge on them because they hurt his feelings.

Also, couldn't his death had been more dramatic? He got stabbed? He always goes out badly. In Death of X too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Part of what made cyclops come off bad too, is that instead of confronting the council then and there, he instead sulks in the background like he's plotting revenge on them because they hurt his feelings.

Also, couldn't his death had been more dramatic? He got stabbed? He always goes out badly. In Death of X too.
    Hey I wanted death by Stilt-man but this is what we got instead.

And to be fair would you want to confront the council ruling your nation when they have no constraints, multiple telepaths, a greedy, capitalist businessperson (And Sebastian Shaw), and someone who has spent their entire life screwing with you (And Mr. Sinister!)

BANNED

It was rather nice.

Of course if you're a cynical little pos like me it becomes hilarious if you think the only reason she is doing it is because she realized she needs to do something to pretend the protocols exist

"Oh, Scott's dead. Well, I'll see him tomorrow I guess. Oh wait, the flatscans don't know about the protocols! Laura, you need to act grieved! Uh....what if I put my hand on his body? Will that work...I think it's working."
    Honestly...while I wouldn't use that for dialogue, conceptually it wouldn't be too far OOC.

Astonishing Member

I just realized, from the latest Black panther comic, wiping Urich's mind is likely even more pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Honestly...while I wouldn't use that for dialogue, conceptually it wouldn't be too far OOC.
    It also echoes that they got kinda close back when his teen self was around - and I'm not referring to the aborted dating tease. Scott seemed to know what was bothering her before her boyfriend did, and took steps to find her a constructive way to work out her issues (OK, it was pointing her at people she could get angry at and make the world a better place by unleashing, but he was honest about that part at least). But Edgelord Warren was messing that up too for most of the issue.
    Dark does not mean deep.