Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 110
  1. #61
    Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Somnus with a kink lol

    PSYLOCKE! We missed you!

    Loved this issue. I love assembling the team montages.
    Last edited by sensormellow; 01-26-2022 at 07:00 PM.

  2. #62
    "Emma is STILL right! Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Regarding the Hellfire brats, I feel they should have been traded off to be Champions villains in exchange for something
    Or they can just have them. No trade necessary.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

  3. #63
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    The Somnus scene did come off forced but hey still willing to give the character a try. Not very familiar with him...

    Are the Champions still around?

  4. #64
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    14,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    The Somnus scene did come off forced but hey still willing to give the character a try. Not very familiar with him...

    Are the Champions still around?
    Their series ended near the end of last year, but I'm pretty sure they'll get a new run sooner or later. In the meantime, they didn't disband, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #65
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I really enjoyed this and Orlando is definitely lurking on this board. LOL! I liked the way Tempo and Psylocke worked together with their powers, and Brimstone Love was great.

    The ending has me intrigued and definitely sets the tone for the series. The mystery box with the map of Krakoa inside is very interesting.



    You and me both.

    He is hot. More more more

  6. #66
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Same. It's been needed to be addressed.
    Would be great though if they didnít only bring that up as a strawman for those who are off put by the lack of coexistence angle sans the X-Men book.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Gotta say this was a really strong first issue. Orlando is definitely better at juggling and utilizing the cast than Duggan was.

  8. #68
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Love how queer this team is, and finally Tempo is confirmed queer in 616. We are being FED. Only team members who havenít exhibited queerness in the past are Bishop and Aurora, lets change that

  9. #69
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    Love how queer this team is, and finally Tempo is confirmed queer in 616. We are being FED. Only team members who haven’t exhibited queerness in the past are Bishop and Aurora, lets change that
    Same. With X-Factor gone I need my dose of queerness in comics. When was Bishop shown to be queer?

  10. #70
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Same. With X-Factor gone I need my dose of queerness in comics. When was Bishop shown to be queer?
    Bishop has never been shown to be queer.
    I would like to see it. Does it make sense with past depictions? Not at all. But if I was a straight person on Krakoa who could die a million times and be reborn I’d think “Yeah lets try anything once why tf not?”

  11. #71
    Incredible Member Thundershot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Brimstone Love is a total psychopath who preys on the weak willedÖ

    Öbut he does have a point.

    Charles wonít even let his own stepbrother, who has been an X-Man during several runs, live on KrakoaÖ What does that say for all of the human allies? Wait, if Lockheed and Warlock can live there, why not another alien like Longshot or Kid Gladiator or Warbird?

    Though Cain is apparently going to be in Kurtís book, so maybe itíll get addressed.

    AlsoÖ When was the last time Iceman was shown powered down? He spends most of his time in his ice form, even when it would seem to be inconvenient.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    The thing, and this isnít so much Hickman/Krakoan era writers as it is a lasting effect of Morrison; is that as far as in-universe understanding of mutantcy (both from Krakoa to ORCHIS) is that, the reality that Xavier was nearly as armchair in his ideology as Trask was his programming aside, human-mutant coexistence was only ever supposed to be temporary as there was a peaceful transfer of power from Sapien to superior and then for humans to quietly step into that good night as the e-gene renders non x-gene carriers sterile. All Hickman added was that humans stole the past too in addition to having no future

    Any Human allies/advocates of the mutants went into/should have gone into this thing in the full knowledge that they donít matter, that sapiens donít really have a future, that mutants are the future. Krakoa is far from perfect, but a stronghold from which to be safe from constant genocides and peacefully coexist(wait out) with the humans is something they should welcome, not be pissy because they didnít get told how great they are

    That said thereís a fair bit of strawmanning in this here annual

  13. #73
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,340

    Default

    See i kind of feel like if i didn't know Brimstone Love was out here willing to get people killed or let them die i would be that person that somehow worked with him and every break somehow we gravitated towards each other and i would listen to him have all these complaints about human/mutant/dream and at first would be rolling my eyes in my head but still engaging him and listening and trying to get him to ask himself contextual questions which Brimstone actually seems smart enough to get and then i would eventually look forward to the days we work together and the breaks, and the crazy theories and go to krakoa together eventually. lol It's weird but i really am entertained by Brimstone and not in a oh he's just a bad dude sort of way.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

  14. #74
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,340

    Default

    LMAO now i just imagined once we got there and he stormed into the quiet council saying krakoa sucks because his friend couldn't be there etc. etc they would be like "Brimstone... no one ever said mutants can't invite their human friends, why else would be program the gates as an accompanying system, all one had to do was notify." and he be all like "Yeah! we'll i'm throwing a damn party." LMAO. i need some sleep.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

  15. #75
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    824

    Default

    This is probably a minor nitpick, but because Orlando DOES know his X-lore so well in most respects, I admit to being a tad disappointed that he had a Morlock, Carver, voicing the same stuff writers have had Morlocks voicing about other mutants for decades, forgetting their origins.....

    Like, its just kinda gah that writers always have Morlocks talk about how they're rejects even among mutant society for being the undesirables, not 'pretty mutants' etc....

    Which not only ignores that like, mutants like Glob Herman have been mainstays among the X-Men and their communities for a looooong time, but more than that.....

    The Morlocks were NOT originally a collection of mutants who banded together because they were the ugly, unwanted mutants. Most of their 'ugly appearances' are the result of MASQUE'S INITIATION of them, NOT their own mutations! Just like he gave Callisto tentacles for a number of years, that had nothing to do with her original powerset. The Morlocks in their earliest appearances DELIBERATELY altered themselves to fall outside the generally accepted standards of beauty or humanity, as symbols of THEIR rejection of humanity and desire to make a culture and community of their own that didn't cater to humanity's priorities or general mindsets. Like, one of the key reasons Skids stood out among the original Morlocks was that yes, she was one of the 'pretty mutants' - but her fellow Morlocks didn't RESENT her for that, hell, they tended to ostracize her because she COULDN'T embody the willful rejection of human norms that the rest of them embraced....because her force field power meant that Masque physically couldn't lay his hands on her and make changes to her body and appearance the way he did the rest of them.

    And when the Morlock Massacre happened, it wasn't because Morlocks were an eyesore or anything like some writers have characterized them as being after the fact.....Sinister had the original Marauders wipe them out not because he gave a shit what they looked like, but because he'd noted that their powers showed signs of being meddled with or experimented on with techniques he recognized from his own work, and he was like.....offended because he's literally just like that. It was implied for a long time that the experimentation had something to do with Apocalypse, whose technology and experiments were the basis of most of Sinister's own science and techniques.....with Apocalypse clearly having had some connection to or interest in the Morlocks at some point, given that his Horseman Famine was originally a Morlock, and later he made Caliban a Horseman too (and that alone should be a HUGE CLUE for most writers that they're looking at the Morlocks all wrong - why would the very same writers who created BOTH the Morlocks AND Apocalypse, have the dude whose entire SPIEL is survival of the fittest and only uplifting the truly strong....like....pick a Morlock to be one of his iconic vanguard if Morlocks were actually supposed to be viewed as the dregs of mutant society by other mutants?)

    And of course then ultimately after the original Age of Apocalypse event, they revealed that Dark Beast from that reality had wound up in 616 twenty years in the past and he'd been the one to experiment on the Morlocks with techniques he'd learned from the AOA Sinister. But the point remains. Morlocks were never ostracized by the rest of mutants for not being on the same level as the 'pretty, powerful mutants.' Morlocks were originally the ones pointing out nah dudes, WE'RE rejecting YOU, on account of we think you're too preoccupied with trying to be accepted and respected by humanity and we don't vibe with that.

    But my point just being.....there's a definite irony in people attempting to cite Morlocks as proof of Krakoa's flaws by saying Krakoa doesn't want them and they're not pretty or powerful or useful enough to be accepted there, when not only are there already tons of mutants on Krakoa who put the lie to that.....the bigger irony is that the Morlocks, rather than being the lowest hierarchy of mutantdom, were originally depicted as the spiritual pre-cursors of the modern Krakoa, mutants who weren't outcast by society, but who voluntarily REMOVED THEMSELVES from society, mutants who weren't FORCED to live in the dark because they were hideous, but rather used a single mutant's power - Masque - to MAKE themselves visible standouts from human society who said they'd rather be what humans judged as hideous, and live where humans wouldn't deign to, than live among humans. And like, special irony shout-out to the fact that most Morlocks alive today would have had to be resurrected because of the Morlock Massacre, and since many of their inhuman or hideous appearances WEREN'T part of their own powersets and surface level changes made by Masque, they shouldn't even have been resurrected looking that way and would have had to seek Masque out to make those changes to them again. Actual inhuman appearing Morlocks like Tommy and Scaleface were RARE in the original generation of Morlocks, and other than the changes made by Masque, most of the nonhuman appearing Morlocks are mutants who only migrated to the tunnels and joined the community because they'd HEARD of the Morlocks' reputation and rejection of human standards of beauty and normalcy.

    Just saying, its funny and a tad disappointing to see Morlocks written as being anti-Krakoa because they claim they're a source of shame because the original Morlocks were literally PROUD of being Morlocks and tried to build a society in directions deliberately counter to human norms, as like....the entire POINT of removing themselves from human communities. If anything, the Morlocks should be taking POINT in a lot of the society-building happening on Krakoa and be like 'glad to see the rest of you finally caught up with what we were saying from day one, here, this is how its done.'
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-27-2022 at 02:41 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •