Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

If she talk with Proteus, Wolfbane or Banshee I am sure they would be willing to keep her safe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Rather than ask Magneto or Xavier for help, Moira simply decides to think she's been betrayed for no good reason. Ok, I guess.
    Don’t accuse this version of Moira of being intelligent.

“Mystique and Destiny want to kill me because they hate me for some reason!”

Me, in the background “It’s because you tried to make sure one of them stayed dead permanently and you stil decided to try your mutant cure, dumbass!”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Don’t accuse this version of Moira of being intelligent.

“Mystique and Destiny want to kill me because they hate me for some reason!”

Me, in the background “It’s because you tried to make sure one of them stayed dead permanently and you stil decided to try your mutant cure, dumbass!”
    Now tbf Destiny did come after her first, killed her friends and destroyed her life's work and then burned her alive slowly.That would piss anyone off

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Now tbf Destiny did come after her first, killed her friends and destroyed her life's work and then burned her alive slowly.That would piss anyone off
    Yeah, but that was like six lifetimes ago, not the current Destiny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That was also a different Destiny in an entirely different timeline. And from what this forum has said in the past, well below the reasonable response threshold people have for mutant responses to X-cures, given some of the hypotheticals I’ve seen for what people think should be done to Stark or Reed if they made anything like that

Actually I’m pretty sure the kill then slow remarks were over Stark’s weird sentinels.

Well, this Moira thought teaming up with Apocalypse to commit genocide was a swell idea, so there you go.

You know, for a "mastermind with ten lifetimes of experience", NuMoira is a real goddamn idiot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, this Moira thought teaming up with Apocalypse to commit genocide was a swell idea, so there you go.

You know, for a "mastermind with ten lifetimes of experience", NuMoira is a real goddamn idiot.
    I think the idiocy was established when she thought she could Edge of Tomorrow this successfully based of off 8 attempts

Astonishing Member

Rather than ask Magneto or Xavier for help, Moira simply decides to think she's been betrayed for no good reason. Ok, I guess.
    Well to give her the benefit of doubt, Xavier and Magneto put Mystique on the council and then weren't able to prevent Destiny's resurrection, for all she knows they intentionally did this to get rid of her.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was one of those books that you read in one sitting due to it's pace and stakes and desperate narrator, but then you think about it and it's...not that good.

The cancer thing is clearly Percy's attempt of a metaphor he probably thinks it's subtle, but not only it isn't, but makes no sense (Moira could have cured this by simply have Xavier ask Elixir to visit her and then mind-wipe him; plus, wouldn't that have developed in other lives as well? ). And of course Moira could simply have asked Xavier and Magneto for help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This was one of those books that you read in one sitting due to it's pace and stakes and desperate narrator, but then you think about it and it's...not that good.

The cancer thing is clearly Percy's attempt of a metaphor he probably thinks it's subtle, but not only it isn't, but makes no sense (Moira could have cured this by simply have Xavier ask Elixir to visit her and then mind-wipe him; plus, wouldn't that have developed in other lives as well? ). And of course Moira could simply have asked Xavier and Magneto for help.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Krakoa gave her the cancer, inadvertently, wasn't no place mentioned to be a cancerous tumour on Krakoa? Though if we want to get more interesting,maybe some other agent(apart from Destiny) was onto Moira and her significance as early as the life when she got the Legacy virus, and used that virus as a vehicle to unlash cancer that was bonded to her mutation ,able to flare up in each life..

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    If Moira goal was to "cure" mutants, why is she so afraid of dying? She really thinks a hair style change can fool anyone?
    I don't understand the first question. Moira hasn't been trying to kill herself so why would she not be afraid of dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post

In most of her lives she died much earlier in the timeline than she is at currently. It doesn't necessarily have to develop in every life since she has been changing circumstances in each life which could affect her getting cancer. And the lifetime with Apocalypse she was in stasis so maybe she had it there?

The "I'll hold her off as long as I can" line made me chuckle, as if Valkyrie wouldn't have to try real hard to not accidentally pulp Mystique.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I don't understand the first question. Moira hasn't been trying to kill herself so why would she not be afraid of dying?
    If she wanted a cure then she would stop being inmortal, no more extra lives. Unless she wanted the cure for everyone but herself.

Incredible Member

There's also the fact that Egg-X and Magneto decided to abandon Moira on her own. Mystique going after Moira means she doesn't care what the council will do (I thought Psylocked cured her mental instability a while back).

The vendetta against Moira doesn't make sense. Like Moira said, Krakoa would not be around if it were not for her yet, Emma, Raven and Destiny want to be rid of her and Egg-X and Magneto are letting it happen. I'm surprised Kitty is still buddy-buddies with Emma when she was close with Moira.

The more immediate threat is Orchis but the QC is too busy with their factional plotting.

I thought this issue was great! Percy seems to have flipped the switch on his pacing which was a big issue in X-Force and so far it’s working out great. The art was amazing, but I must admit I prefer Cassara, I hope we get to see him draw Omega Wolverine. Hopefully we get this level of comics for the whole event.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.