Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    There's also the fact that Egg-X and Magneto decided to abandon Moira on her own. Mystique going after Moira means she doesn't care what the council will do (I thought Psylocked cured her mental instability a while back).

The vendetta against Moira doesn't make sense. Like Moira said, Krakoa would not be around if it were not for her yet, Emma, Raven and Destiny want to be rid of her and Egg-X and Magneto are letting it happen. I'm surprised Kitty is still buddy-buddies with Emma when she was close with Moira.

The more immediate threat is Orchis but the QC is too busy with their factional plotting.
    TBF, the Moira Kitty was buddy-buddy with is very much removed from current Moira, who might as well be a different character

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    The "I'll hold her off as long as I can" line made me chuckle, as if Valkyrie wouldn't have to try real hard to not accidentally pulp Mystique.
    Exactly. She could beat Mystique with her eyes closed.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I don't understand the first question. Moira hasn't been trying to kill herself so why would she not be afraid of dying?

In most of her lives she died much earlier in the timeline than she is at currently. It doesn't necessarily have to develop in every life since she has been changing circumstances in each life which could affect her getting cancer. And the lifetime with Apocalypse she was in stasis so maybe she had it there?
    In her first life at least she made to her 70's. In the 6th, she survived thousands of years. Her genetics are the same, and she wasn't exposed in this life to radiation or some external factor we know of that could cause it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    If she wanted a cure then she would stop being inmortal, no more extra lives. Unless she wanted the cure for everyone but herself.
    Removing her mutant ability to reincarnate into another Life doesn't immediately kill her. As shown by this comic. So with the ability removed why would she want to end her life or have her life ended prematurely?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I thought this issue was great! Percy seems to have flipped the switch on his pacing which was a big issue in X-Force and so far it’s working out great. The art was amazing, but I must admit I prefer Cassara, I hope we get to see him draw Omega Wolverine. Hopefully we get this level of comics for the whole event.
    Agreed. With everything you said. 100%.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This was one of those books that you read in one sitting due to it's pace and stakes and desperate narrator, but then you think about it and it's...not that good.

The cancer thing is clearly Percy's attempt of a metaphor he probably thinks it's subtle, but not only it isn't, but makes no sense (Moira could have cured this by simply have Xavier ask Elixir to visit her and then mind-wipe him; plus, wouldn't that have developed in other lives as well? ). And of course Moira could simply have asked Xavier and Magneto for help.
    'They lied'
    Her character is exactly how Hickman has written her so far when she became paranoid over Mystique and Destiny for apparently no big reason. Heck Resurrecting Destiny didn't actually do anything at all unless and until Emma pulled the trigger of her hypocrisy. Heck the whole writing over her finding the cure ALL of a sudden wasnt a good writing at all. Her narrative from Inferno doesn't make sense in the first place.
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-26-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Mystique appearing from nothing in front of Moira in that hospital room gave me the same feeling of a jumpscare in a horror movie.

Looking forward to see more of Moira in this series.

What was in the syringe that pricked Mystique…?
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    What was in the syringe that pricked Mystique…?
    Drugs? Maybe Moira was hoping she could mellow Raven the hell out.....

Goddamnit Brain stop imaginign Mystique as a stoner.

Actually a pretty good issue....for a wolverine book. Moira should hit up Masque to change her appearance lol
    GrindrStone(D)

So let me get this straight, Moira knows that she has to change her look in order to go incognito as she flees those who are after her and in her infinite wisdom keeps the one thing that’s the easiest way to identify her, her TO arm, exposed rather than covering it with a glove or something. How did she make it this far again?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    'They lied'
    Her character is exactly how Hickman has written her so far when she became paranoid over Mystique and Destiny for apparently no big reason. Heck Resurrecting Destiny didn't actually do anything at all unless and until Emma pulled the trigger of her hypocrisy. Heck the whole writing over her finding the cure ALL of a sudden wasnt a good writing at all. Her narrative from Inferno doesn't make sense in the first place.
    Yeah, Hickman’s the one who put Moira on the run and has her not trusting Xavier and Magneto anymore. That’s where we left her at the end of Inferno. Not sure it’s fair to blame Percy for that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    So let me get this straight, Moira knows that she has to change her look in order to go incognito as she flees those who are after her and in her infinite wisdom keeps the one thing that’s the easiest way to identify her, her TO arm, exposed rather than covering it with a glove or something. How did she make it this far again?
    Luck? Author's fiat? Magical scottish heritage that helped her make her accent vanish?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Drugs? Maybe Moira was hoping she could mellow Raven the hell out.....

Goddamnit Brain stop imaginign Mystique as a stoner.
    I think it’s going to be something more than that and picked up later.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I really enjoyed this issue. Fun to see more of Moira and Mystique. I was afraid this would be too Logan centric.

The art was really dynamic as well. Loved the scene with truck, the needles and Valkyrie pushing the door on Raven.
    A picture would last longer darling...