Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I thought Destiny already stated that killing Moira will mean Mystique will have to go to the 'pit' and Destiny will die after a few years?

Is Duggan ignoring Inferno miniseries?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I thought Destiny already stated that killing Moira will mean Mystique will have to go to the 'pit' and Destiny will die after a few years?

Uh...do you mean Benjamin Percy?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Lol why would she let them know... Mystique a who could be anybody +her wife who has visions of the future are after her. If they think either of them have info they're gonna get it
    I meant from a writing standpoint rather than an in-character standpoint. It's more emotionally powerful if NO ONE outside the QC knows about Moira at this point, let alone a random human superhero.

You could just as easily put Moira in disguise and a fake name, or even just have it be some normal doctor we've never seen before and the battle gets some passing hero's attention or whatever.

Astonishing Member

Maybe they want to throw Aaron a bone so they can drag something off of the avengers to use?

I think the main reason people want is because...what has Banshee done at all this era? Did they actually use him in maruders or did he just join the background cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Maybe they want to throw Aaron a bone so they can drag something off of the avengers to use?

I think the main reason people want is because...what has Banshee done at all this era? Did they actually use him in maruders or did he just join the background cast?
    He was one of the candidates to be voted onto the X-Men at the first vote.

Its just kind of dumb, to be honest. Like, good job Doug, apparently making a point to let Moira go only to just let Mystique charge right after her. And you don't just POOF! have stage 4 cancer!

Moira is apparently in a government database as a mutant, despite being super secret? And Mystique continues to be a ridiculous Villain Sue. Not actually all that powerful, but the narrative bends over backwards to make her out to be some kind of unstoppable juggernaut 10 steps ahead of everyone. Its like reading Wolverines all over again.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Moira is not in the database as a mutant, she was just known as a very important mutant ally. And I agree entirely about Mystique-sue..To see her giving trouble to a freakin' Valkirie!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its just kind of dumb, to be honest. Like, good job Doug, apparently making a point to let Moira go only to just let Mystique charge right after her. And you don't just POOF! have stage 4 cancer!

Moira is apparently in a government database as a mutant, despite being super secret? And Mystique continues to be a ridiculous Villain Sue. Not actually all that powerful, but the narrative bends over backwards to make her out to be some kind of unstoppable juggernaut 10 steps ahead of everyone. Its like reading Wolverines all over again.
    It was a secret Moira is alive. She should have been erased long time ago.
    They are trying really hard to make Mystique smarter than everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I meant from a writing standpoint rather than an in-character standpoint. It's more emotionally powerful if NO ONE outside the QC knows about Moira at this point, let alone a random human superhero.
    Hmm yeah Definitely true
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hmm yeah Definitely true
    It's such an odd choice. Does Benjamin Percy really like Jane or something?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It's such an odd choice. Does Benjamin Percy really like Jane or something?
    Not really. This is really out of left field lol

I think that was only if they killed her at that particular moment in the no place. But circumstances changed and the potential futures along with it. Still, it begs the question of how does the rest of the Quiet Council view the whole Moira situation now? Maybe that will be explored in this event or over in Immortal.

Incredible Member

Honestly, all Mystique really needs to do is just tell Proteus that she's alive and he'll go and kill her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Moira is not in the database as a mutant, she was just known as a very important mutant ally. And I agree entirely about Mystique-sue..To see her giving trouble to a freakin' Valkirie!
    Honestly I’m of the opinion we didn’t see a full two hours of scans and examinations where Moira spent the entire time whining about how Erik and Charles wouldn’t let her kill Mystique and Destiny and about how Mystique and Destiny just wouldn’t her devolop the mutant cure and about how they owe her everything and at the end Jane is like “Look, I’ll pretend to fight you for a bit so this doesn’t look bad, then please, please kill her”

I’d imagine in that case, it was if she had killed Moira right there in front of a witness like Doug. In this case, there’s no mutant witnesses for her crime.