Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    My money's on MJ.
    You might be on to something...

Kind of funny to think that Felicia's whole theme is cats while MJ is associated with tigers because of her pet name for Peter.
    Sure, but I find it silly how Gwen is consistently martyrized when she wasn't a good character to begin with.

Even in-universe talking about her like that is a disservice, 'cause that ignores her own flaws, but real life people do that too, so eh...
    Yeah, but in-universe Gwen was MJ's best friend so she's not unbiased.
    His track record is only not as bad because he defeated Venom once in that run right before Cates', and even then he still acted like a loser soon afterwards.

It just sucks, the guy had what's basically nerfed vibranium on his suit, which's busted by default, and he was competent when fighting, Spectacular even remembered that he's good (Pay attention to the Sinister Six fight, he puts more effort than anyone in there, and he did give a few good hits on Spidey), but now the popular depiction of him being a loser has stuck, and that's just ****.
    He just needs a writer who cares enough about him to write him as competent and effective as a threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Also I just realized, the artist forgot that Shocker is black now, man, whoever's inside that suit really doesn't matter for such a mistake to be made, or for him to have randomly become black to begin with lol.
    If we're talking Superior Foes (which...was the last time we ever saw him without his mask on?) he was supposed to look tanned, not black.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Hoping between these issues and Jed McCay's work on Felicia these past couple of years this characterization for her sticks. Comics kind of have this unfortunate fixation on replaying characters' greatest hits and in Felicia's case, it's going back to her being a catty (heh) homewrecker.

I liked this acknowledgment that she'll always love Pete but she's not in love with him anymore.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    No matter how you look at it, Peter has been Spider-Man for 10-12 years at the very least. I say that's a long enough time to understand how much your body can take or how serious an injury is.
    I dunno about that, Spidey can be too stubborn to stay in one place even if it's the better option, PS4 Spidey even keeps fighting despite his broken bones, and early JMS (Or maybe not him, but some early 2000's comic) also has a nurse pointing out that he has a lot of broken bones lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You might be on to something...
    I'd be more surprised if I wasn't, MJ is the biggest pervert among Spidey's long interests, so her not being on the rought side could be surprising lol.

Kind of funny to think that Felicia's whole theme is cats while MJ is associated with tigers because of her pet name for Peter.
    That makes me wonder if there's an alternate universe out there where she's Tigra lol.

Yeah, but in-universe Gwen was MJ's best friend so she's not unbiased.
    Yeah, that's a weird retcon, because besides a brief period where they hung out before Gwen started to date Peter (And Gwen's personality was basically "MJ-lite"), they were never particularly close before Gwen's death lol.

He just needs a writer who cares enough about him to write him as competent and effective as a threat.
    Yeah, good luck finding that in a Post-Ultimate Shocker era lol.

Hell, even if we get one writer who respects Shocker, nothing guarantees it'll stay that way, loser Shocker seems to be too ingrained at this point... But hey, if someone actually respects Shocker in a recent story, it could get the ball rolling at least.

If we're talking Superior Foes (which...was the last time we ever saw him without his mask on?) he was supposed to look tanned, not black.
    That's some questionable tan then, considering his facial structure is closer to a black man'sm and changed his hair color, and the Shocker LMD in ASM#7 vol 5 looks black too lol.

A tan that can change your race, was it created by Franklin Richards by any chance? .

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Hoping between these issues and Jed McCay's work on Felicia these past couple of years this characterization for her sticks. Comics kind of have this unfortunate fixation on replaying characters' greatest hits and in Felicia's case, it's going back to her being a catty (heh) homewrecker.
    Yeah, Felicia has a lot more to lose if she goes back to her old ways, being a shallow cat thief who hates Peter Parker was who she was many years ago, but she developed and shouldn't go back to that, even if it's the characterization she's known for the most, specially since the key aspects that make her character fun only ever left during the Queenpin phase, but we're better off pretending that one didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Well, all the praise for Black Cat/MJ convinced me to get it. It was a lot of fun. I have some minor issues like Black Cat saying she couldn’t endanger MJ by leaving her in the hospital room but then having her pose as her in Tombstone’s penthouse, and Peter’s spider-sense should’ve alerted him to The Hood even if the gun isn’t directly pointed at him… but nitpicks aside it was definitely an A-grade book. Not much to say about the plot that others haven’t, but I enjoyed it. Good bonding between MJ and Felicia. As someone who grew up reading CCA-approved comics where they wouldn’t even say “butt” it’s still surprising for me to see dialogue like “dump-truck ass” in a mainstream Marvel comic (in a good way though… I hated the CCA watering down dialogue).

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Well, all the praise for Black Cat/MJ convinced me to get it. It was a lot of fun. I have some minor issues like Black Cat saying she couldn’t endanger MJ by leaving her in the hospital room but then having her pose as her in Tombstone’s penthouse, and Peter’s spider-sense should’ve alerted him to The Hood even if the gun isn’t directly pointed at him… but nitpicks aside it was definitely an A-grade book. Not much to say about the plot that others haven’t, but I enjoyed it. Good bonding between MJ and Felicia. As someone who grew up reading CCA-approved comics where they wouldn’t even say “butt” it’s still surprising for me to see dialogue like “dump-truck ass” in a mainstream Marvel comic (in a good way though… I hated the CCA watering down dialogue).
    You should see some of the stuff Felicia says about herself in her own comic .