Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wow the MJ/BC team up was great! Loved that McKay remembered that MJ was a “party girl” herself, both she and Black Cat have been the “Veronica” of the Spidey love triangle. Them bonding over that at the end was great, I’d love to see the two interact more under Jed. Lmao at Peter thinking MJ and BC in his room was just another “dream”, and in his fantasies MJ wears a black cat suit too
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Him asking them to be gentle makes me wonder if the dreams end up getting into BDSM lol.
    It just makes me wonder which of the two is rougher...
    But this issue also buffed MJ's ass for this one moment, for the rest of the comic they look about the same size, while it somewhat nerfed felicia's.
    All the moreso when both women are wearing skintight catsuits.
    Might be the first time Felicia hears of Gwen yeah, most of her relationship with Peter had her not wanting to know about the Peter Parker side, to the point that in ASM#258 she didn't even know who MJ was.

Stuff might've changed on the brief relationship after she matured with Peter opening up to her, but I don't think he ever talked about Gwen.

Also, man, MJ saying Gwen was perfect, laughable lol.
    I think she meant it sardonically in an idealized saint way (she even agrees that she's perfect when Felicia calls her that) because she's always been self-conscious about being compared to Gwen.
    He saw then in Black Cat Annual, even talked with them a bit, and it's implied he dealt with them before:

This is what I was thinking of.
    Felicia in general seems like an easy character to get along with, about the worst thing she does is stealing, that's about the biggest thing to get in the way of someone getting along with her.
    I also think she can easily annoy you if you find yourself on opposite sides.
    Anyways, aside from nitpicks like Felicia talking like she's better at swinging than Spidey, and Shocked being made fun of like he's Ultimate Shocker (Which's another thing that kinda annoys me about Ultimate's influence on Spider-Man), those are the best issues Beyond has got to offer so far, and while this can sound like it's not a compliment, I'm saying it is, actually fun stuff and issues not reading like half issues, how novel.
    Let's be honest, though, Shocker hasn't had a much better track record than Ultimate Shocker in the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It just makes me wonder which of the two is rougher...
    My money's on MJ.

I think she meant it sardonically in an idealized saint way (she even agrees that she's perfect when Felicia calls her that) because she's always been self-conscious about being compared to Gwen.
    Sure, but I find it silly how Gwen is consistently martyrized when she wasn't a good character to begin with.

Even in-universe talking about her like that is a disservice, 'cause that ignores her own flaws, but real life people do that too, so eh...

I also think she can easily annoy you if you find yourself on opposite sides.
    Definitely lol.

Let's be honest, though, Shocker hasn't had a much better track record than Ultimate Shocker in the past few years.
    His track record is only not as bad because he defeated Venom once in that run right before Cates', and even then he still acted like a loser soon afterwards.

It just sucks, the guy had what's basically nerfed vibranium on his suit, which's busted by default, and he was competent when fighting, Spectacular even remembered that he's good (Pay attention to the Sinister Six fight, he puts more effort than anyone in there, and he did give a few good hits on Spidey), but now the popular depiction of him being a loser has stuck, and that's just ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

His track record is only not as bad because he defeated Venom once in that run right before Cates', and even then he still acted like a loser soon afterwards.

It just sucks, the guy had what's basically nerfed vibranium on his suit, which's busted by default, and he was competent when fighting, Spectacular even remembered that he's good (Pay attention to the Sinister Six fight, he puts more effort than anyone in there, and he did give a few good hits on Spidey), but now the popular depiction of him being a loser has stuck, and that's just ****.
    THIS

Felicia literally even said that's Shocker's for Jobbing

Like damn it's funny the first few times but give him a break

My money's on MJ.

Speaking of Spectacular, I kinda wish Montana Shocker would become a thing in 616 a little bit. That was a neat change, ngl. But I also wouldn't want to get rid of Herman, so idk. Then again maybe he needs a break so he can like, idk, cross over into the real world and beat up the writers and force them to write him competently again idk.

I would say Spider-Man's 30% should be Black Cat's 100%.

But Marvel/DC and their """skilled humans""".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

30 is being generous

This is the character who can speed-blitz Wanda and Hawkeye along w/ Avengers defense systems ,out-speed bullets and was handling Black Panther w/ ease on top...

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    MJ and Janine have not met. Janine is more damaged and withdrawn than MJ. An introvert while MJ is more of an extrovert.

Hope the art isn’t too confusing with two redheads.
    This is probably why they had Janine bob her hair at the start of the current run. They knew she and MJ would end up sharing panel time and they looked too similar.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    THIS

Felicia literally even said that's Shocker's for Jobbing

Like damn it's funny the first few times but give him a break
    That's why stuff like that shouldn't be allowed to happen "the first few times" to begin with, to prevent it from becoming a trend, making previous badasses into complete jobbers like this is just worse for everyone, since it makes anyone defeating them be worthless since a puppy would manage to do so, making hero victories mean nothing while also making villains less threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Speaking of Spectacular, I kinda wish Montana Shocker would become a thing in 616 a little bit. That was a neat change, ngl. But I also wouldn't want to get rid of Herman, so idk. Then again maybe he needs a break so he can like, idk, cross over into the real world and beat up the writers and force them to write him competently again idk.
    Thing's that, Spectacular Montana is basically Herman with a Texan accent as far as personality goes.

But yeah, it'd be better for Shocker to take a break for a while, or excuse his competence as, I dunno, he had a really bad flu or somethin' lol.

Also I just realized, the artist forgot that Shocker is black now, man, whoever's inside that suit really doesn't matter for such a mistake to be made, or for him to have randomly become black to begin with lol.

If we look at numbers of Spidey's strength, even 10% should be above Felicia.

But sure, maybe we can say characters like Felicia or Daredevil compensate lack of super powers with skill, but it's still ridiculous Spidey is bad enough that "only" 75% is still worse than Felicia, even more so for her to be explaining to him how to web swing, it'd be like if Rhodey was explaining to Stark how to make an armor.

At least him struggling with Cap makes more sense, since Spidey usually fights by jumping around and using webs, so Cap having an upper hand there makes more sense, that and Cap's strength got buffed over time too.

Of course, for that one to make sensethat much sense, we have to pretend Spider-Fu never happened, which about everyone does, including the guy who came up with it lol.

Of course, for that one to make sensethat much sense, we have to pretend Spider-Fu never happened, which about everyone does, including the guy who came up with it lol.
    I never liked Spider-Fu. I shows that writers really don't understand how fights work. Strength, speed and durability play way way bigger role than writers like to pretend. Skill really isn't going to mean much if the opponent just outclasses you in raw physical stats.

No boxer or MMA world champion is ever going to beat a gorilla.

Really wasn't a fan of this issue.

Felicia teaching Spidey how to swing is just ridiculous. Doesn't matter if he's recovering.

And that he has to "earn" the title back. Come on.

Early in his career, I'd be fine to show that he doesn't know that he's fully recovered and shouldn't just jump in to crime-fighting. But at this stage in his career, Peter should be shown to be mature enough to understand how much his body has recovered.

I never liked Spider-Fu. I shows that writers really don't understand how fights work. Strength, speed and durability play way way bigger role than writers like to pretend. Skill really isn't going to mean much if the opponent just outclasses you in raw physical stats.

No boxer or MMA world champion is ever going to beat a gorilla.
    Spider-Fu was only really used for Spidey to "explain" how he can handle a bunch of random people with powers on his level anyways.

Of course, the fact he can't handle those people in itself is very questionable to begin with, since in a free comic book day issue before Spider-Island, he struggled to defeat Jessica and talked like he'd normally never stand a chance against her, when the few times they fought before never gave that kind of impression (Once Jessica was even surprised how strong he is), and Spider-Fu was created to "make sense" out of that defeat in the free comic book day issue, and then he later uses it to defeat Jessica in Ends of the Earth... Basically Slott came up with it to pretend Spidey sucks so he can get buffed, and then he forgot his own memo and still made Spidey have some embarrassing showings after Spider-Island anyways lol.

Really wasn't a fan of this issue.

Felicia teaching Spidey how to swing is just ridiculous. Doesn't matter if he's recovering.

And that he has to "earn" the title back. Come on.

Early in his career, I'd be fine to show that he doesn't know that he's fully recovered and shouldn't just jump in to crime-fighting. But at this stage in his career, Peter should be shown to be mature enough to understand how much his body has recovered.
    with his constant de aging peter is probably in the middle of his career
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    with his constant de aging peter is probably in the middle of his career
    No matter how you look at it, Peter has been Spider-Man for 10-12 years at the very least. I say that's a long enough time to understand how much your body can take or how serious an injury is.

No matter how you look at it, Peter has been Spider-Man for 10-12 years at the very least. I say that's a long enough time to understand how much your body can take or how serious an injury is.
    exactly and is it fair to say he has come back from worse? its an internal injury not a physical one he just needs rest
    Last edited by Jman27; 01-27-2022 at 08:26 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy