Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default James Buchanan "Bucky" Barnes, The Winter Soldier Appreciation 2022

Hopefully we see more Bucky in 2022.

Thought the Dark Reign issue was pretty disappointing. Way over written.

Hoping 2022 will be AWESOME for Bucky

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Doesn't bode well for Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty then, as Bucky's story continues there and it's the same writers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bummer. Too many words?
    “We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace and the norms and notions of what just is, isn’t always justice.”

I hope he gets lots to do in the new series. Looks like the writers have plans, anyway. Whether they're good plans remains to be seen.

Anyway. I made some fanart:

BuckyBarnes2.jpg

Yeah, I'm team long hair.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

It's a nice drawing Arachne! I'm also team long hair

An interview with Lanzing & Kelly about Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty. It seems Bucky will have a very prominent role in their (hopefully) ongoing series. Oh, there's Bucky in one of the preview images (Carnero's art is amazing).

https://www.cbr.com/kelly-lanzing-se...ica-interview/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Thanks!

I really liked that interview, although I'm a little worried about them changing his past, given the Devil's Reign issue. That said, I'm glad they have a plan for him.

Line art for a new pic (will post the colour version when I'm happy with it):

BuckyBarnes4 (1).jpg

Bucky at 20. Why he was still wearing that costume at that age, I don't know.

Colour version of the previous sketch. No attempt to make it look like Sebastian Stan, btw. (Not that there's anything wrong with looking like Sebastian Stan.)

BuckyBarnes4.jpg

Hehh, I do appreciate that your Bucky doesn't resemble Sebastian Stan (Have to admit, I don't like when the comic book version looks like the MCU one.)

Today, Black Widow #15 is published, and there's some Bucky badassery in it:

Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 04-06-2022 at 10:18 AM.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Yeah, I agree about then looking like the MCU versions. I like drawing and seeing portraits, but not in my comic fanart or comics I'm reading.

Side note: Alpine has made his way from the comics into MCU fanart. Or does Bucky have a cat in Falcon and Winter Soldier? (I haven't watched it, yet.)

Clearly, I'm going to have to checkout this Black Widow run...

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, I agree about then looking like the MCU versions. I like drawing and seeing portraits, but not in my comic fanart or comics I'm reading.

Side note: Alpine has made his way from the comics into MCU fanart. Or does Bucky have a cat in Falcon and Winter Soldier? (I haven't watched it, yet.)

Clearly, I'm going to have to checkout this Black Widow run...

No, he doesn't have a cat in F&WS, but it might change in the future, who knows Personally, I'd be glad if Alpine made his way into the MCU.

Yeah, I've also noticed the tons of Bucky & Alpine fanart. However, it's not just MCU fanart; in many cases, there's comics Bucky with his cat.

Why does Bucky have a cat, anyway? Does Alpine have an origin issue?

Hopefully Bucky (and Alpine) will be in Captain America #0 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Why does Bucky have a cat, anyway? Does Alpine have an origin issue?

Hopefully Bucky (and Alpine) will be in Captain America #0 this week.
    I don't recall Alpine having an origin story, that could be fun! According to the League of comicgeeks website, his first appearance is the first issue of the 2018 WS mini:
    https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/character/16275/alpine

Also, if you like him, there's a webtoon-style comic on the Marvel Unlimited app, Marvel Meow: Infinity Comic - Alpine is a main character in that since it's about the Marvel cats.

Sadly, I didn't see Alpine in CA #0, but there was a lil' bit of Bucky:

Last edited by The Invincible Beawulf; 04-25-2022 at 05:20 AM.

Yeah, that's the earliest Alpine appearance I could find, too. I'd like to know more, but I don't see that happening.

Marvel Meow is adorable.

I was a little disappointed Bucky didn't get anything to do in Captain America #0, but the July solicitations sound promising.