Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Like it says. Now that he's leaving the X-Offices, what should he take on after that Moon Knight story?

You know, considering Hickman's "great men and hubris" thing and love of worldbuilding, I honestly wonder what a run on Thor by him would look like.
    Haven't we had ENOUGH of that in Thor to last a lifetime? Besides a theoretical Hickman Thor run would just come off as to similar to Jurgens run when Thor made Asgardian tech available to humans and started to control them. Go read the Jurgens run its a masterpiece. If you liked the Krakoa stuff you will love that run.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Haven't we had ENOUGH of that in Thor to last a lifetime? Besides a theoretical Hickman Thor run would just come off as to similar to Jurgens run when Thor made Asgardian tech available to humans and started to control them. Go read the Jurgens run its a masterpiece. If you liked the Krakoa stuff you will love that run.
    My brother loves Thor, but has never read that run. Sounds fantastic. I'll tell him to check it out. Thanks. Even though you weren't speaking to me per se lol.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-27-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    My brother loves Thor, but has never read that run. Sounds fantastic. I'll tell him to check it out. Thanks. Even though you were speaking to me per se lol.
    Tell him that the run starts out in a very traditional way. Then it starts changing not only is he going to see stuff that reminds him of Hickman's Krakoa run he is also going to get some stuff that feels like Jason Aaron's run as well...except competent.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'd like to see Hickman launch Ultimates3 featuring a mix of characters from various teams (as well as a few top-end mystical and cosmic characters) like Monica Rambeau, Rachel Grey, Beta Ray Bill, Blue Marvel, Synch, the Ancient One, Midnight Sun, Scarlet Witch, Ultimate Hulk, Silver Surfer, Snowbird, etc., etc. Maybe introduce an original character or two to fill out the roster and ask Kenneth Rocafort to do the covers.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-27-2022 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'd love to see his take on Guardians of the Galaxy, I feel that would give him the 4 main teams of the Marvel Universe and him being the only Person I can think of who would have done all of them.

Saying that, he had a decent Ultimate Thor mini back in the day, I wouldn't mind him exploring the Thor mythos for a 12 issue run or so.
    If we're bringing back Miracle Man, we may as well give it to someone like Hickman (or Ewing would also be a perfect choice).

I would, however, like to see him do something with the Ultimate Universe again. I think if his Ultimates was released a year later, it would have sold a lot better. But give him a six issue mini where he explores The Maker again, maybe have that battle between him and Doom.
    But we have to see what Cates is doing with the Ultimate Universe soon.

I am a firm believer that his Ultimate work is among the best things he has ever written, but was unable to finish properly
    The world-building was spectacular, with so much stuff going on:
    -The Maker, and his Children of Tomorrow threath
    -1/3 of Europe, and the entirely of Asgard being wiped out
    -The SEAR and its new metahumans situation
    -The Kratos Club instigating some world-wide conflicts, and taking advantagr of them (and of Tony) to achieve their goals

So much potential.. squandered..
    (I will never forgive Sam Humphries for turning The Maker from such an amazing antagonist there, into.. well.. the whole "I did it for you, Sue" fiasco.. SMH)

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd like to see Hickman launch Ultimates3 featuring a mix of characters from various teams (as well as a few top-end mystical and cosmic characters) like Monica Rambeau, Rachel Grey, Beta Ray Bill, Blue Marvel, Synch, the Ancient One, Midnight Sun, Scarlet Witch, Ultimate Hulk, Silver Surfer, Snowbird, etc., etc. Maybe introduce an original character or two to fill out the roster and ask Kenneth Rocafort to do the covers.
    Can you make your text even smaller, my guy? :P

Spectacular Member

A Sentry limited series. Never happen but I could always hope.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I haven't seen anyone much close to writing a decent Wolverine in a team book than him over a couple of decades(except for maybe Remenber) . He needs it most
    Wolverine is over-exposed in the comics. Hickman could have done something with him while he was in charge of the X-Men. Apparently he chose not to.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-27-2022 at 04:21 PM.

He's is in two books. That isn't over exposed but I would personally like him to not be in X-Force anymore. I don't like that since the Kyle/Yost run they've turned it into Wolverine's book.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I am a firm believer that his Ultimate work is among the best things he has ever written, but was unable to finish properly
    The world-building was spectacular, with so much stuff going on:
    -The Maker, and his Children of Tomorrow threath
    -1/3 of Europe, and the entirely of Asgard being wiped out
    -The SEAR and its new metahumans situation
    -The Kratos Club instigating some world-wide conflicts, and taking advantagr of them (and of Tony) to achieve their goals

So much potential.. squandered..
    (I will never forgive Sam Humphries for turning The Maker from such an amazing antagonist there, into.. well.. the whole "I did it for you, Sue" fiasco.. SMH)
    Agreed. Hickman's UU stuff was beyond reproach. I was thoroughly enjoying his Kratos Club creation. He could have done a mini on Tony and them and I would of been at the front of the line.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 01-27-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Tell him that the run starts out in a very traditional way. Then it starts changing not only is he going to see stuff that reminds him of Hickman's Krakoa run he is also going to get some stuff that feels like Jason Aaron's run as well...except competent.
    Will do. Thanks again.

Inhumans by far. Pym or something cosmic could work.

Another Silver Surfer ongoing (if Ron Marz and Ron Lim don't want it)!
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Like it says. Now that he's leaving the X-Offices, what should he take on after that Moon Knight story?

You know, considering Hickman's "great men and hubris" thing and love of worldbuilding, I honestly wonder what a run on Thor by him would look like.
    I wish he would do another run on the FF buy that's just the fan in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    He had a New Avengers run that was really a continuation of what was building in the Fantastic Four because TPTB at Marvel cancelled his FF when things got hostile between them and Fox. But eventually Fox did sell off their Marvel rights as we know.

Hickman's New Avengers featured mainly Fantastic Four characters like Reed, Black Panther, Sub-Mariner along with Iron Man, Beast and Captain America. IIRC they eventually got rid of Captain America by mind wiping him. They really called themselves the Illuminati, not Avengers IIRC. It's not like they went on Avengers-like missions, met at Avengers mansion, etc. They were dealing with the incursions. Of course all of this was build up for the finale in Secret Wars.
    Nope. He did write New Avengers, but he also wrote The Avengers. He took over both books from Bendis, who moved on to X-Men.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman