Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The Inhumans, Thor, Namor, Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer, the New Universe, Quasar

I'm going left of everyone here. I would love to see the type of world building and level of depth Hickman could add to Miles Morales Spider-Man. This could be in the standard 616, or he could be a Spider-Man that has adventures solely throughout the Spiderverse interact with many different variations of Spider-Man villains or even new ones.

Second selection Blue Marvel

Third would be a real, official SHIELD book.
    Last edited by dkrook; 01-26-2022 at 06:31 PM.

BANNED

Any team book with Wolverine

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Secret Warriors! If he had the passion to bring them back.
    Nick Fury Sr and Jr series.
    Secret Avengers or some team book of his own design.
    Thor would be great.
    I still want that Imperial Guard book!
    Red Hulks. I'd love for him to work them back into prominence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    He started the Inhuman "Terrigen Mist" story arc that writers couldn't seem to find an exit strategy so I'd like for him to bring them back to some form of relevance - it doesn't even need to be an ongoing, some mini series will do
    That storyline was resolved in the Inhumans vs X-Men event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think Iron Man might be a good fit for Hickman if Cantwell decides to leave. I'm not sure if he plans to leave when his Korvac saga ends. Or maybe he could rescue the Avengers from Jason Aaron. I'd like to see what team he would come up with.
    Hickman already had an Avengers run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think, and I may be wrong, that this refers to the status quo what happened to everyone affected from Hickman's Terrigen Mist story.

It's almost as if they had started showing mutants resurrect in Hickman's X-Men, and immediately have an event ending more mutants from being born and resurrected, and then killing all the mutants in the other planets they established. It was like WTF, you just wrote a story that was supposed to go into detail.

Hickman was able to world build in one issue of the Fantastic Four, and created an alien culture for mutants in his run. Based on how he wrote X-Men, he likes inhuman story elements, but the biggest difference is that whoever writes more inhumans has to create more characters, whereas the X-Men recycles the same ones for the past couple of decades.

He was brilliant when he created inhumans lore.

Niffleheim

It was resolved horribly, that's my whole point.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

I'm not that big a fan of Hickman. Big concepts, but weak on character work, and while I enjoy big concepts, I'm bigger on character work (good character work, of course). However, at Marvel, seeing the kind of stories he enjoys telling, which I read in his FF and his Avengers works (I really couldn't force myself to pick up X-Men. The whole franchise and concept has been, IMHO, completely destroyed), I'd say GotG is probably the best propriety for him to work on. Who knows, perhaps he can even tie his rum more with the original 31st century version than with the new modern times version?

Peace

Astonishing Member

But there are story elements that can be continued on, that being the other Kingdoms. Maybe there were some Inhuman Kingdoms that the Codex couldn't get info on so the modern Inhumans wouldn't have known. What if one of the abandoned kingdoms was only tempoary, having a plot kind of like Arakko. These are just at the top of my head, what IvX resolved(?) was the Terrigen Cloud & M-Pox which is just the Nuhuman side that Hickman didn't really work on it was the civilization expansion he did.

Since it's obvious we can't get Jurgens or someone of similar talent on Thor I think he should write Thor and Hulk.

Astonishing Member

Inhumans. Please don’t let that god-awful tv show be the only thing their known for the general audience

Mighty Member

I'd love to see his take on Guardians of the Galaxy, I feel that would give him the 4 main teams of the Marvel Universe and him being the only Person I can think of who would have done all of them.

Saying that, he had a decent Ultimate Thor mini back in the day, I wouldn't mind him exploring the Thor mythos for a 12 issue run or so.
    If we're bringing back Miracle Man, we may as well give it to someone like Hickman (or Ewing would also be a perfect choice).

I would, however, like to see him do something with the Ultimate Universe again. I think if his Ultimates was released a year later, it would have sold a lot better. But give him a six issue mini where he explores The Maker again, maybe have that battle between him and Doom.
    But we have to see what Cates is doing with the Ultimate Universe soon.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Hickman already had an Avengers run.
    He had a New Avengers run that was really a continuation of what was building in the Fantastic Four because TPTB at Marvel cancelled his FF when things got hostile between them and Fox. But eventually Fox did sell off their Marvel rights as we know.

Hickman's New Avengers featured mainly Fantastic Four characters like Reed, Black Panther, Sub-Mariner along with Iron Man, Beast and Captain America. IIRC they eventually got rid of Captain America by mind wiping him. They really called themselves the Illuminati, not Avengers IIRC. It's not like they went on Avengers-like missions, met at Avengers mansion, etc. They were dealing with the incursions. Of course all of this was build up for the finale in Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-27-2022 at 10:41 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm going left of everyone here. I would love to see the type of world building and level of depth Hickman could add to Miles Morales Spider-Man. This could be in the standard 616, or he could be a Spider-Man that has adventures solely throughout the Spiderverse interact with many different variations of Spider-Man villains or even new ones.

Second selection Blue Marvel

Third would be a real, official SHIELD book.
    I agree with this. I think Hickman would be able to deal with the roots and social implications of BM with a fair amount of complexity while building large scale adventures.

BANNED

I haven't seen anyone much close to writing a decent Wolverine in a team book than him over a couple of decades(except for maybe Remenber) . He needs it most
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-27-2022 at 10:51 AM.