Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What should Hickman take over next?

Like it says. Now that he's leaving the X-Offices, what should he take on after that Moon Knight story?

You know, considering Hickman's "great men and hubris" thing and love of worldbuilding, I honestly wonder what a run on Thor by him would look like.

If not inhumans he needs to sprinkle some of that magic on Thor.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

DC Comics (please)
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Inhumans.

10 char
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Niffleheim

He started the Inhuman "Terrigen Mist" story arc that writers couldn't seem to find an exit strategy so I'd like for him to bring them back to some form of relevance - it doesn't even need to be an ongoing, some mini series will do
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Outside of Marvel- Legion of Superheroes or the Valiant Universe

Marvel-

Hank Pym/Bruce Banner.

New Universe.

Malibu's Ultraverse.

Inhumans.

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Mighty Member

Maybe Iron Man, Doom or guardian of the galaxy, it's where he can go big. But for me, he already has explored and changed the biggest character in the marvel universe. He needs to go with DC, maybe legion of super-heroes, or JLA (only if DC gave him total control)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Guardians of the Galaxy.

Honestly, I was really loving Al Ewing's take on Cosmic Marvel and was sad that it seemed to get prematurely axed. So I wouldn't mind seeing Hickman does his own Space Opera.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Outside of going to DC, he should do something new. I think new book with new characters and being able to go as big as he wants with no limits. We need more new characters that stick and Hickman is a big enough name that it might happen.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Dr Strange. Or, yeah, introduce something new.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Writers are reluctant to create new characters unless they get a fair cut in case they become popular, spawn action figures and other merchandise. Though I have to give Hickman credit for creating some new characters in his New Avengers run like Black Swan, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glave. And there was the concept of the Future Foundation in the FF which gave us Bentley-23, and the Moloid children (forgot their names). I never saw a Hasbro Black Swan action figure but I did see a Corvus Glave and Proxima Midnight and wondered if writers get any compensation for that kind of thing.

I think Iron Man might be a good fit for Hickman if Cantwell decides to leave. I'm not sure if he plans to leave when his Korvac saga ends. Or maybe he could rescue the Avengers from Jason Aaron. I'd like to see what team he would come up with.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 01-26-2022 at 04:16 PM.

But if Inhumans PLEASE no more multi wives for Black Bolt unless your going to pull out some husbands for medusa because that felt mad antiquated to me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I would love him to do the Inhumans, Captain Marvel, or GoTG.

Anything cosmic, he is so good at universe building

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

The Inhumans. If he was able to do something new and out of left field for mutants, I could only imagine what he'd be able to do for the inhumans again. It was like he handed the keys to his car to people without a driver's license. Now that the "death of" era has ended, he can start anew.

Astonishing Member

Inhumans. Almost everything he brought to them was great, save for character romances (Black Bolt multi wives, breaking up Crystal & Ronan). He could either (A) retcon Death of the Inhumans a bunch, just continue the earth stories, and bring in some new Kingdoms.
    Option (B) he has them really far out in space, will only really communicate via event comics. I have had the idea they create their own Solar System, as the Primagen Crystal turned Gorgon from a city shaker to a planet splitter so giving it to the likes of Crystal, Flint, Black Bolt, Ahura, and Reader would make this big.
    Which I feel that is what the Inhumans need as I DO NOT want to give the toxic X-fans any real ammo, so if they just go to a new planet that is livable will just see a bunch of second hand character comments, if they terraform will get wannabe Mutant comments, but creating multiple planets, 2 for each of the Universal Tribes that he created would allow him to run wild without stepping on people's toes.