All-New Member

Lightbulb i'm thinking of writing a green lantern fanfiction

Green Lanterns : Hope burns bright
    the story of a blue lantern from Earth named "Keyon", he's from a race in the North Globe, they lived in cold areas so they got cold gray/blue skin and white hair and red eyes because One day they had a fatal rare disease like the plague died of it almost all the inhabitants of the village but he had hope that help would come to them.
    He waited days and days and watched all his acquaintances die one-by-one, but he remained optimistic that they would survive, and then he stayed alone, buried in his family, and his hope was that there was nothing short of him until he fell from his fatigue, and he was on the cusp of death, and then he heard a voice saying to him.
    "َAll will be good" and then a blue lantern ring came to him and healed him and then took him to planet Odym with the other blue lanterns .
    And the story is that he stayed on planet Odym and stayed with the Blue Lantern for a long time. The ring made him forget what happened to him, so he goes back to planet Earth to stop two Red Lanterns from recruiting new members and goes on a journey of self-discovery especially after saint Walker told him that if he wants to reach his maximum strength and understand his powers, he has to know what made him one of the blue lantern in the first place.

The Red Lanterns are:
    - One was Yellow Lantern, he use malicious methods to recruit new members because he chose the best of the best to be a red lantern, and he's willing to plan a complicated plan just to get the rage out of the targeted recruited member.
    And the second is a space hound, she was the reason that Keyon was interested in these two.

so what do you think?
    and thanks.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddox Paradox View Post
    Green Lanterns : Hope burns bright
    the story of a blue lantern from Earth named "Keyon", he's from a race in the North Globe, they lived in cold areas so they got cold gray/blue skin and white hair and red eyes because One day they had a fatal rare disease like the plague died of it almost all the inhabitants of the village but he had hope that help would come to them.
    He waited days and days and watched all his acquaintances die one-by-one, but he remained optimistic that they would survive, and then he stayed alone, buried in his family, and his hope was that there was nothing short of him until he fell from his fatigue, and he was on the cusp of death, and then he heard a voice saying to him.
    "َAll will be good" and then a blue lantern ring came to him and healed him and then took him to planet Odym with the other blue lanterns .
    And the story is that he stayed on planet Odym and stayed with the Blue Lantern for a long time. The ring made him forget what happened to him, so he goes back to planet Earth to stop two Red Lanterns from recruiting new members and goes on a journey of self-discovery especially after saint Walker told him that if he wants to reach his maximum strength and understand his powers, he has to know what made him one of the blue lantern in the first place.

The Red Lanterns are:
    - One was Yellow Lantern, he use malicious methods to recruit new members because he chose the best of the best to be a red lantern, and he's willing to plan a complicated plan just to get the rage out of the targeted recruited member.
    And the second is a space hound, she was the reason that Keyon was interested in these two.

so what do you think?
    and thanks.
    Why not call it "Blue Lantern: Hope burns bright"

If you're a fan of these guys, I think the fastest way to legitimize them and expose them to more people is to give them as much exposure as possible. I always thought the spectrum was a little silly, but reading your pitch I see thats really needed is "the greatest Blue Lantern" to show up and make those stories great.

Sounds great. I'm inspired.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Why not call it "Blue Lantern: Hope burns bright"

If you're a fan of these guys, I think the fastest way to legitimize them and expose them to more people is to give them as much exposure as possible. I always thought the spectrum was a little silly, but reading your pitch I see thats really needed is "the greatest Blue Lantern" to show up and make those stories great.

Sounds great. I'm inspired.
    thanks my friend, your kind words really made my whole day, and gave me the motivation to write this story.
    and yes the title was supposed to be "Blue Lantern: Hope burns bright" (My bad LOL)

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I like the premise, the themes are pretty strong and the setup circumstances give the character an interesting journey.

All-New Member

thanks, man I really appreciate your kind words.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maddox Paradox View Post
    thanks, man I really appreciate your kind words.
    Do you plan on including any twists or surprises? When I read the premise I thought: it's cool that the character will have to rediscover something painful that the audience already knows, but in order to make it suspenseful and not redundant, it might help if only part of his memory is missing, or the initial event that he forgets ultimately includes a subtle nuance that the audience wasn't initially shown. Something with an emotional payoff.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Do you plan on including any twists or surprises? When I read the premise I thought: it's cool that the character will have to rediscover something painful that the audience already knows, but in order to make it suspenseful and not redundant, it might help if only part of his memory is missing, or the initial event that he forgets ultimately includes a subtle nuance that the audience wasn't initially shown. Something with an emotional payoff.
    we will see very soon