Default BlackPanther #3 discussion (spoilers)

Good issue not great imo. Some fantastic character moments but the plot didnt advance at all. Biggest takeaway was Gentle being the agent. I dont know much about the character but is he capable of destabilizing Krakoa? The hug was nice and humanizing for T'Challa who does need it from time to time with all the weight of his choices.

Tosin is of meh interest so far as he seems like a hypocrite and just immature but hopefully thats where his development as a character comes from. Hopefully he doesnt take too many pages from the titular character and isnt a nagging pet side hero.

Didn't really understand the point of the Bast story but I did enjoy getting t'challa back to Fantastical Adventure rather than moppy sad politics. Art there was jarring but kinda works with the dream like aspect of the story. Id read more.

I like that Ridley is taking time to introduce strong male characters to this franchise after the last five years of focusing on empowering the women of the franchise. Balance is always good

Could you briefly explain why Gentle pretended to come after TChalla? What was the point of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Could you briefly explain why Gentle pretended to come after TChalla? What was the point of that?
    To keep his cover I assume. Kinda put on a show for the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    To keep his cover I assume. Kinda put on a show for the mutants.
    Got it, thanks.

When did Gentle get cool with Wakanda?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    When did Gentle get cool with Wakanda?
    Always has been now. Turns out he was always a spy

Always has been now. Turns out he was always a spy
    I have to admit that I can now respect him a little bit knowing that he isn't soft, and simpin' as a mutant. Him being a plant that is ready to wreck shop if called on by his king is some gangsta stuff! Now it's forgivable to see him be such a pacifist, and low-key in his interactions. Let it all be a front.

Niffleheim

The only thing that will be remembered about this issue is Gentle is a spy for Wakanda and the sad thing is I don't care lol! I wanted to find out more about these mysterious villains but instead we got an unnecessary detour.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I have to admit that I can now respect him a little bit knowing that he isn't soft, and simpin' as a mutant. Him being a plant that is ready to wreck shop if called on by his king is some gangsta stuff! Now it's forgivable to see him be such a pacifist, and low-key in his interactions. Let it all be a front.
    Same. Interest in him doubled for me

Incredible Member

Same. Interest in him doubled for me
    I have to share this sentiment, I never hated Gentle but seeing his role in this issue makes me more interested in him then I have been (really he had just been wallpaper up to this point for me). I thought the whole issue was good and it was and is nice to see Ridley doing something with Gentle.