Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see it as weird. I think for civilians in the Marvel Universe they can all have daily adventures. Even MJ had a life outside Peter when they were together and did her own thing.
    Her having her own life meant she was doing boring jobs like acting, not working on heists lol.

If they were to get an on-going with MJ as that much of the focus, either she'd be helping out on heists, or would be an advertised extra who's only there to snark with Felicia before/after a heist.

Having more issues would still give them time to do more as supporting characters in my opinion.
    It would give them time, question is if writers or editors would bother.

I think it would depend on how you use her and what exactly it entailed. Or, like, what MJ's story is.
    I guess, I still get the feeling she'd take up too much time, just don't trust modern comics to juggle so many characters at once anymore, old comics could struggle enough but nowadays it's crap.

I mean, MJ already got away with being an accomplice to a fraudulent movie production and it didn't hurt her image at all...
    Consequences in comic books are a myth .

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Quick question how does the world at large see Felicia, not Black Cat, but Felicia, is she famous and such similar to MJ or just in a different way...
    Her identity is public, and she has no life besides being Black Cat, any opinion people have on Felicia are Black Cat related.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No one called me out on this post. I'm like the class clown everyone is annoyed with at this point.
    Man, there's at least one member in this forum who constantly suggests for Peter to get into a polyamory relationship with MJ and Felicia, see that enough times and a suggestion for MJ and Felicia to go play "don't drop the soap" is not even noticeable.

Or at least, I didn't, 'cause I read that post and didn't notice those last parts somehow lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quick question how does the world at large see Felicia, not Black Cat, but Felicia, is she famous and such similar to MJ or just in a different way...
    a thief a damn good thief
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No one called me out on this post. I'm like the class clown everyone is annoyed with at this point.
    I chose to ignore the more salacious mentions in favour of your other solid points about MJ and Felicia being besties and talking about life...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, the one shot is doing well enough that it trended on twitter for a bit. Any interest in this becoming an ongoing?
    I do not see MJ/Felicia being an ongoing. Why? If for no other reason sales. Look at the last Black Cat ongoing. It was critically acclaimed but it simply did not sell well. The one shot was well done and has planted future seeds for Felicia if a future writer chooses to use them. How? For Felicia she now has someone who she can talk to who understands her and gets feeling inadequate because she is the “Bad Girl” It is interesting that Felicia was unaware of Gwen and it is a clue that no matter what, Peter will never be 100% open with her, and in any positive relationship , trust along with love and respect are crucial for making it work. Felicia needs someone who can give her all three and she needs to do the same for that person.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 01-27-2022 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I do not see MJ/Felicia being an ongoing. Why? If for no other reason sales. Look at the last Black Cat ongoing. It was critically acclaimed but it simply did not sell well. The one shot was well done and has planted future seeds for Felicia if a future writer chooses to use them. How? For Felicia she now has someone who she can talk to who understands her and gets feeling inadequate because she is the “Bad Girl” It is interesting that Felicia was unaware of Gwen and it is a clue that no matter what, Peter will never be 100% open with her, and in any positive relationship , trust along with love and respect are crucial for making it work. Felicia needs someone who can give her all three and she needs to do the same for that person.
    To be fair, Felicia not knowing about Gwen is probably Felicia's fault, she's the one who was disgusted at Peter Parker for long enough, while she got over that, their relationship after that was shorter, and afterwards after a dumb 90's phase where she was a low tier yandere, she became friendlier with him, but still only really talked with him as Spider-Man for the most part.

So yeah, I doubt Peter in general would want to talk about Gwen much, and Felicia probably wouldn't ask, so it's a bit harder for her to learn about Gwen from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Her having her own life meant she was doing boring jobs like acting, not working on heists lol.

If they were to get an on-going with MJ as that much of the focus, either she'd be helping out on heists, or would be an advertised extra who's only there to snark with Felicia before/after a heist.
    It's the Marvel Universe. Even normal jobs can sometimes lead to crazy shenanigans.

I feel like McKay would probably come up with decent stuff for MJ if he were to write her more.
    It would give them time, question is if writers or editors would bother.
    McKay would probably if only because they're basically his characters at this point.
    I guess, I still get the feeling she'd take up too much time, just don't trust modern comics to juggle so many characters at once anymore, old comics could struggle enough but nowadays it's crap.
    Now it sounds like we're talking about a team book .
    Consequences in comic books are a myth .
    It's true for comic book media as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I dunno, they promoted this one-shot so much it feels like they're expecting something for it.

I just want the Black Cat ongoing back with MacKay writing it. He writes her perfectly!

With the same team i would in a hot minute.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah, I would, but only because Black Cat is part of it. Sorry, I just can't get interested in an ongoing that only features a non-superhero supporting cast member as the star. I read comic books to enjoy the adventures of superheroes (or supervillains) not their civilian friends and/or family.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's the Marvel Universe. Even normal jobs can sometimes lead to crazy shenanigans.
    Sure, but if MJ is gonna be one of the stars of the comic, either she'll he helping out Felicia or not be doing much lol.

Now it sounds like we're talking about a team book .
    Well, the problems to team comics aren't exclusive to team comics, so yeah lol.

The premise is only as limited as the person writing. If they can't come up for an idea for an ongoing that features two characters promoted then no it shouldn't exist but if they can then why shouldn't it. There are a lot of assumptions that imo are really creative poison. Like "this can't happen just because it hasn't."

How about some valid concrete reasons. Like Mary Jane can't be in an ongoing because she... Not just ambiguous objections.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    The premise is only as limited as the person writing. If they can't come up for an idea for an ongoing that features two characters promoted then no it shouldn't exist but if they can then why shouldn't it. There are a lot of assumptions that imo are really creative poison. Like "this can't happen just because it hasn't."

How about some valid concrete reasons. Like Mary Jane can't be in an ongoing because she... Not just ambiguous objections.
    I mean, if they're gonna promote it as MJ as a major character with her name on the comic, then it likely means she'll be working on heists, which'll make her less into a civilian, which's not something I care for.

If she's not working on heists, the it'd likely mean she would just talk with Felicia before or after them, which can still make her into a big character on the story, but I'd say that'd not be enough to justify putting her name on the comic, 'cause her name didn't go into any Spidey's comic when she was married to Peter, since she was still a civilian, so it'd be silly if MJ is being a civilian who's friends with Felicia who has her name on the comic lol.

Ultimate Member

Or they could just expand Felicia's role away from being only a thief, or that MJ doesn't get directly involved in the thefts but just tries to help people and Felicia helps with her many talents...

Astonishing Member

Or they could just expand Felicia's role away from being only a thief, or that MJ doesn't get directly involved in the thefts but just tries to help people and Felicia helps with her many talents...
    MJ as Felicia’s Lucius Fox? Does not work for me.

Sure, but if MJ is gonna be one of the stars of the comic, either she'll he helping out Felicia or not be doing much lol.
    Or maybe they have intersecting storylines?
    I mean, if they're gonna promote it as MJ as a major character with her name on the comic, then it likely means she'll be working on heists, which'll make her less into a civilian, which's not something I care for.

If she's not working on heists, the it'd likely mean she would just talk with Felicia before or after them, which can still make her into a big character on the story, but I'd say that'd not be enough to justify putting her name on the comic, 'cause her name didn't go into any Spidey's comic when she was married to Peter, since she was still a civilian, so it'd be silly if MJ is being a civilian who's friends with Felicia who has her name on the comic lol.
    To be honest I feel like that would make it sound like MJ is a supporting character in a Black Cat book, so I would assume they would actually give her her own story than just making her function in Felicia's stories.