Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Would you read a Mary Jane/Black Cat ongoing?

Well, the one shot is doing well enough that it trended on twitter for a bit. Any interest in this becoming an ongoing?

If it was written by Jed McKay and drawn by CF Villa and of the same quality as the one-shot? Definitely.

Considering it seems like they might not get much page-time in Zeb Wells' ASM run since Peter is going to be isolated from everybody and he and MJ might be separated, it might be a good chance to keep both of them in the public eye and tell stories with them.

We still haven't found any follow up to that redhead and white-haired girl in Spidey/Black Panther costumes in the Timeless one-shot...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If it was written by Jed McKay and drawn by CF Villa and of the same quality as the one-shot? Definitely.

Considering it seems like they might not get much page-time in Zeb Wells' ASM run since Peter is going to be isolated from everybody and he and MJ might be separated, it might be a good chance to keep both of them in the public eye and tell stories with them.

We still haven't found any follow up to that redhead and white-haired girl in Spidey/Black Panther costumes in the Timeless one-shot...
    All of this

unsure cause small moments makes it more memorable as opposed to a full series. Cause now you gotta come up with ways for Mj to be useful even save the day. Mj being associated with Felica wouldnt that hurt her celebrity status in a way.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    unsure cause small moments makes it more memorable as opposed to a full series. Cause now you gotta come up with ways for Mj to be useful even save the day. Mj being associated with Felica wouldnt that hurt her celebrity status in a way.
    Quick question how does the world at large see Felicia, not Black Cat, but Felicia, is she famous and such similar to MJ or just in a different way...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Quick question how does the world at large see Felicia, not Black Cat, but Felicia, is she famous and such similar to MJ or just in a different way...
    A notorious cat burglar.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    a thief a damn good thief
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Well, the one shot is doing well enough that it trended on twitter for a bit. Any interest in this becoming an ongoing?

or just a new MJ series with Spidey in it would be enough

Extraordinary Member

No. MJ needs to stay out of the super hero side of things unless necessary like this. I would not mind the occasional (every 7-10 years) 'fling' with them.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It could be like the Betty & Veronica series from Archie Comics, but in the Marvel Universe. Make it a miniseries, though, or maybe something similar to Peter David's Symbiote Spider-Man and Maestro ongoing miniseries.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It could be like the Betty & Veronica series from Archie Comics, but in the Marvel Universe.
    It's more like the Veronica & Cheryl Blossom series as Gwen and Mary Jane were supposed to be Betty & Veronica.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Not for me. I just don't care for either character. Sign me up for a Gwen Stacy/Silver Sable book anytime though.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Not for me. I just don't care for either character. Sign me up for a Gwen Stacy/Silver Sable book anytime though.
    That would be a bizarre team-up, by the time Sable showed up, Gwen had been dead for a long time lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Definitely, as long as MacKay is writing. Take my money, Marvel.

That was a really good one-shot, but I don't know if there's a way to keep them working together for an extended amount of time.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets