Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or maybe they have intersecting storylines?
    That could actually work, but I get the feeling they'd do it like AMJ and have MJ fighting super-villains anyways lol.

But if they were to let MJ have MJ have her own stories without super-hero battles while Felicia is the one who does that, then it could work.

To be honest I feel like that would make it sound like MJ is a supporting character in a Black Cat book, so I would assume they would actually give her her own story than just making her function in Felicia's stories.
    You don't put a supporting character's name on the main title like that, considering super-hero comics have the comic have the protagonist's name or codename in it (Or both), MJ having her name in it means she's sharing the title with Felicia.

Of course, they could go for a "Black Cat and Mary Jane but Mary Jane is actually just a supporting character", but that's false advertisement, which's, nothing new for comic books, but I would rather they don't do that, still a possibility unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    MJ as Felicia’s Lucius Fox? Does not work for me.
    She wouldn't be the tech person, more the face of the pair that would help where she could without crossing any big lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I just want MJ and Felicia hanging out and being besties. Going to lunch, shopping, talking about life, getting in a hot tub, snuggling up on the sofa, getting a quick shower in together, you know... normal every day stuff.
    Then Peter comes in a spreads his webs

Most of what MJ accomplished in this comic was due to having Felicia by her side. The Nefaria and Shocker stuff was more gags than anything else.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-31-2022 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That could actually work, but I get the feeling they'd do it like AMJ and have MJ fighting super-villains anyways lol.

But if they were to let MJ have MJ have her own stories without super-hero battles while Felicia is the one who does that, then it could work.
    At least I don't expect McKay to get as ridiculous as the Savage Six fight (I know, I know...Shocker, but still).
    You don't put a supporting character's name on the main title like that, considering super-hero comics have the comic have the protagonist's name or codename in it (Or both), MJ having her name in it means she's sharing the title with Felicia.

Of course, they could go for a "Black Cat and Mary Jane but Mary Jane is actually just a supporting character", but that's false advertisement, which's, nothing new for comic books, but I would rather they don't do that, still a possibility unfortunately.
    Kind of like Superman and Lois, although I guess that would still make it seem like a Black Cat book since it's a Superman show at the end of the day...but still .

Spectacular Member

Yeah, no. The issue was fun, but seeing MJ climbing a skyscraper and jumping off like it was nothing was ridiculous. I can see why wankers liked it so much, tho.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Most of what MJ accomplished in this comic was due to having Felicia by her side. The Nefaria and Shcoker stuff was more gags than anything else.
    Yeah, true enough.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Yeah, no. The issue was fun, but seeing MJ climbing a skyscraper and jumping off like it was nothing was ridiculous. I can see why wankers liked it so much, tho.
    Hmm, wankers?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Issue was awesome but I don't see enough material for an ongoing. I think the reason it worked so well is that Felicia and MJ haven't had all that much interaction between them. Really make me miss the Black Cat ongoing. MacKay just gets her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I just want MJ and Felicia hanging out and being besties. Going to lunch, shopping, talking about life, getting in a hot tub, snuggling up on the sofa, getting a quick shower in together, you know... normal every day stuff.
    Well, despite my previous post this might work for an ongoing......

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It could be like the Betty & Veronica series from Archie Comics, but in the Marvel Universe.
    It's more like the Veronica & Cheryl Blossom series as Gwen and Mary Jane were supposed to be Betty & Veronica.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Issue was awesome but I don't see enough material for an ongoing. I think the reason it worked so well is that Felicia and MJ haven't had all that much interaction between them. Really make me miss the Black Cat ongoing. MacKay just gets her.
    It was building up every time Felicia complained about redheads in her solo book .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Hmm, wankers?
    Yeah, you know those people that only open a comicbook when a hot half naked woman is on the cover? Exactly the target Marvel was aiming at with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Well, despite my previous post this might work for an ongoing......
    Yep, a great ongoing for us wankers!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's more like the Veronica & Cheryl Blossom series as Gwen and Mary Jane were supposed to be Betty & Veronica.
    Ha, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Yeah, you know those people that only open a comicbook when a hot half naked woman is on the cover? Exactly the target Marvel was aiming at with this issue.
    Sad if that was all they were opening it for, because Felicia and Mary Jane not only had some great and hilarious banter, but they also had some great actual bonding moments towards the end. Both of them having been written off by some in-universe (which I'd interpret as a nod to how some in the fandom and among Marvel's creative/professional talent treated and viewed them in the past) as just "the bad girls" was a surprising bit of insight and commonality I wasn't expecting from this story, though I rather enjoyed it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

might as well have an ongoing. have fun. take them to different cities. have an ongoing gag as to which celebrity/wealthy guys recognize/pay attention to Felicia vs. Mary in a given setting. (Felicia definitely keeps track).