Default Amazing Spider-man 88 Bey Preview

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

So this is how beyond gets Hobie to help them out

Astonishing Member

So no ASM next week right?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    So no ASM next week right?
    It is if you count the .Bey issue which seems to have an impact more than some of the Asm issues

Hobie just doesn't feel right not wearing the Prowler suit.

Also, it sucks to be a normal person in the Marvel Universe at times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

With Miles Morales now leaving in the main Marvel Universe, I think the Prowler identity suits better now to his Uncle Aaron.

No offense, but do you think normal persons in the DC Universe are better? You can find the worst cases in Gotham, but they are everywhere.

I'm fond of the Slingers so I'll check it out.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    So this is how beyond gets Hobie to help them out
    Seems like it, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That it does. While the general public may be a bunch of ungrateful jerks (and downright bigoted when it comes to mutants), cases like these make it slightly harder to argue there isn't a good reason for their general antipathy toward the superhero community.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Same, and I'm a sucker for a Hobie Brown story, so . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Seems like it, yeah.

That it does. While the general public may be a bunch of ungrateful jerks (and downright bigoted when it comes to mutants), cases like these make it slightly harder to argue there isn't a good reason for their general antipathy toward the superhero community.

It's your lucky day.....

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Agreed! Excited to see the Slingers once again incorporated into a Ben Reilly-related story! Adding Hobie Brown to the mix makes it all the more interesting. Will he become the defacto leader of the Slingers? How will he explain his connection to the suit, and how will the others explain theirs?!

I wonder if this writer will keep PAD's take on Dusk's powers -- specifically, that she can teleport via shadows. If I remember correctly, originally, she could teleport from anywhere to anywhere via the Negative Zone.

-Pav, who hopes they get more than just this single issue...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    With Miles Morales now leaving in the main Marvel Universe, I think the Prowler identity suits better now to his Uncle Aaron.

No offense, but do you think normal persons in the DC Universe are better? You can find the worst cases in Gotham, but they are everywhere.
    Hobie had it first.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Agreed! Excited to see the Slingers once again incorporated into a Ben Reilly-related story! Adding Hobie Brown to the mix makes it all the more interesting. Will he become the defacto leader of the Slingers? How will he explain his connection to the suit, and how will the others explain theirs?!

I wonder if this writer will keep PAD's take on Dusk's powers -- specifically, that she can teleport via shadows. If I remember correctly, originally, she could teleport from anywhere to anywhere via the Negative Zone.

-Pav, who hopes they get more than just this single issue...
    Same. It would be cool if this were a prelude to a new series, mini or ongoing.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Same. It would be cool if this were a prelude to a new series, mini or ongoing.
    Even just becoming (semi-)regular supporting characters in Ben's Hollywood outing would be wonderful. If he heads that way for Beyond-related reasons, maybe the Slingers will decide to join him and/or oppose him.

Makes sense that, like us, there are some people at Marvel who were at the right age to love the first stories of Ben and the Slingers; if that means the Slingers become tied to Ben, that's not a problem with me!

-Pav, who wishes Phil Urich were alive to experience this bounty of 90s characters...

So, is this the real Hobie or a clone? Didn't he die? Electrocuted? Or... something.. I forget.

I hope that Mr. Brown gets to stay as the Hornet. I guess Uncle Aaron is the default Prowler now. Not a good look for a career thief/racketeer to have your same name and gimmicks.

I hope the slingers can continue. How many of them have there been? Is this the original Dusk, Ricochet, Prodigy, etc.? Again, I can't keep up.

I hope the relationship between Hobie and Mindy can continue being explored. Relatively rare for a black couple to get some spotlight.

I wouldn't mind if the Slingers became global troubleshooters, beyond New York City.

I see a flashback to a "Mighty Avengers" tale. So were those crystal guys from the Crystar world, that's mostly been left alone since the 1980s?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So, is this the real Hobie or a clone? Didn't he die? Electrocuted? Or... something.. I forget.

I hope that Mr. Brown gets to stay as the Hornet. I guess Uncle Aaron is the default Prowler now. Not a good look for a career thief/racketeer to have your same name and gimmicks.

I hope the slingers can continue. How many of them have there been? Is this the original Dusk, Ricochet, Prodigy, etc.? Again, I can't keep up.

I hope the relationship between Hobie and Mindy can continue being explored. Relatively rare for a black couple to get some spotlight.

I wouldn't mind if the Slingers became global troubleshooters, beyond New York City.

I see a flashback to a "Mighty Avengers" tale. So were those crystal guys from the Crystar world, that's mostly been left alone since the 1980s?
    The real Hobie came back at the end of Clone Conspiracy.