Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

MJ could help Felicia with some of her missions, though not doing anything that's actually bad but maybe just a bit illegal and be the fish out of water but find that she's actually good at some of it, with Felicia telling MJ that she's good looking enough and such to get any man or woman to do whatever she wants them to do without doing anything that she'd regret later on...

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Yeah the one shot was great, but MJ shouldn't be too easily drawn into such capers..now and again in a crisis (she is capable) yes, but remember Felicia's move was to get MJ out of the situation with The Hood, out of danger...the best thing about this one shot was establishing a strong relationship between MJ and Felicia...I go with Vortex's idea that they should be seen together in future as besties and having downtime together, chatting about life the universe etc

I'd like Black Cat to have her own book again soon and MJ can feature as supporting cast....then if Brother Ben gets his own book, we're building up the Spider Family..potential for some good interwoven storylines...MJ should still have her own life of course and her own stories, but she's the linchpin to Spidey and his "family"......there's still Teresa to consider perhaps in these scenarios...

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Of course I'm not forgetting completely that ASM #2 solicit about Pete and MJ...I just really hope its a ruse and doesn't play out like it suggests....I'll be well pissed of if it does though!

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I really liked seeing MJ and Felicia together, but I don't want MJ crime fighting on the regular. Particularly since it would likely mean more Spider-Man supervillains jobbing to "regular strength woman with baseball bat." A hero is only as good as the opponents they fight, I don't want anymore classic Spider foes to end up as laughing stocks like poor ol' Shocker here.
    Shocker once thought he could commit crimes in New Jersey and not get harassed by Spidey. It didn't work, as Ms. Marvel beat him up instead.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, it's a one-shot, so there's only so much paneltime, but Felicia's crew were always supporting cast.
    The thing is that, having MJ around would just make them even more into supporting cast characters lol.

I don't think an ongoing featuring both characters would be inherently weird, it would just be a book focusing on them and their daily adventures (together).

Especially we aren't likely to see much of them in ASM moving forward.
    If it puts MJ into super-heroic situations too often, it'd be weird, 'cause if want MJ to be a civillian, she shouldn't be getting into adventures too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Of course I'm not forgetting completely that ASM #2 solicit about Pete and MJ...I just really hope its a ruse and doesn't play out like it suggests....I'll be well pissed of if it does though!
    Just be ready for the possibility of them randomly breaking up anyways, Because he was one of the many anti-MJ guys back in BND, and also for the guy who wrote Shed to have Lizard randomly showing up and eating MJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If it was written by Jed McKay and drawn by CF Villa and of the same quality as the one-shot? Definitely.

Considering it seems like they might not get much page-time in Zeb Wells' ASM run since Peter is going to be isolated from everybody and he and MJ might be separated, it might be a good chance to keep both of them in the public eye and tell stories with them.

We still haven't found any follow up to that redhead and white-haired girl in Spidey/Black Panther costumes in the Timeless one-shot...
    All of this

unsure cause small moments makes it more memorable as opposed to a full series. Cause now you gotta come up with ways for Mj to be useful even save the day. Mj being associated with Felica wouldnt that hurt her celebrity status in a way.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    well with how often Peter and Mj do it made its a just a ploy for make up sex thats probably their favorite kind
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

No, purely for the fact that I think MJ should always remain a civilian, despite the amount of superheroics she's partaken in, and I fear if it's an ongoing, there is the danger of losing that status.

Plus, don't know just how many stories can be written to incorporate them having adventures while still maintaining the charm/brilliance of the oneshot.

That said, would like (multiple) mini-series. Or at the very least, multiple story arcs/ plenty interactions in ASM.

More so (and as @Frontier said) if it was written by McKay, drawn by Villa and was of the same quality as the one-shot - even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This, the stuff they pulled off w/ her in Amazing Mary Jane was the height of PIS.
    I think what was in the one-shot worked a lot better than the Savage Six fight.
    Everything she did in the one shot is def. superheroics.Just because they play it off as a gag doesn't mean it doesn't take place
    I think it toes the line but doesn't step too far, especially when her personality and skills are intact.
    Yeah I get the gag, but still doesn't change the fact she still performed all those feats
    I never denied that. Civilians can have feats .
    Them having daily adventures is inherently weird, MJ alone having daily adventures is weird.
    I don't see it as weird. I think for civilians in the Marvel Universe they can all have daily adventures. Even MJ had a life outside Peter when they were together and did her own thing.
    That's not a good thing, but doesn't change what an ongoing would mean
    More page-time !
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The thing is that, having MJ around would just make them even more into supporting cast characters lol.
    Having more issues would still give them time to do more as supporting characters in my opinion.
    If it puts MJ into super-heroic situations too often, it'd be weird, 'cause if want MJ to be a civillian, she shouldn't be getting into adventures too much.
    I think it would depend on how you use her and what exactly it entailed. Or, like, what MJ's story is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    unsure cause small moments makes it more memorable as opposed to a full series. Cause now you gotta come up with ways for Mj to be useful even save the day. Mj being associated with Felica wouldnt that hurt her celebrity status in a way.
    I mean, MJ already got away with being an accomplice to a fraudulent movie production and it didn't hurt her image at all...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Quick question how does the world at large see Felicia, not Black Cat, but Felicia, is she famous and such similar to MJ or just in a different way...

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I just want MJ and Felicia hanging out and being besties. Going to lunch, shopping, talking about life, getting in a hot tub, snuggling up on the sofa, getting a quick shower in together, you know... normal every day stuff.
    No one called me out on this post. I'm like the class clown everyone is annoyed with at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    No one called me out on this post. I'm like the class clown everyone is annoyed with at this point.
    What was there to call out? I agree with you. A shower buddy is very important.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Quick question how does the world at large see Felicia, not Black Cat, but Felicia, is she famous and such similar to MJ or just in a different way...
    A notorious cat burglar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    What was there to call out? I agree with you. A shower buddy is very important.
    That's the spirit!