Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    I agree. Maybe I am just old, stubborn and jaded but I don't think anyone can convince me that it makes any sense. It's best not to think about. Blame time travel or something. Cable is always messing around with the time-stream. Or maybe the universe wasn't put back together right after the Secret War event.
    I know, I’m waiting for some future stories where some other writer(s) can come in and make a lot of this stuff make sense.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Astonishing Member

I feel the easiest explanation that fits would be that real Moira is working on the cure behind the scenes, and we are in life 11, her shiar Golem.was never meant to fake a death but be her repository of knowledge to ascend to the Dominions via the phalanx it did so in life 10 but was sent back in time in life 11 to get all mutants on one spot to annihilate them quicker, hence why it pops up to Xavier in year 52. If we were already in life 11 it would make sense, but for that Inferno 4 would end with a mystery because upon 'Moira' ,taunting them she is beyond our little universe i.e ascended being killed(or shot with the depowering gun and it's revealed she has artificial enhancements) is inconsequential; clearly universe doesn't reset to Mystique's shock and the mystery becomes about where is Moira prime?
    Alas this opportunity was missed so yeah now it's tricky to reconcile the two.

Ultimate Member

It's hard to reconcile because Hickman wants to have his cake and eat it too.

He doesn't want to say outright that all canon prior doesn't matter, that Xavier didn't have a road map for everything up until now, yet why else would he pick Moira?

Dr. Kavita Rao would have far more easily fit the plot, without robbing the X-Men of their agency. Or a new character, who breaks down and comes to Xavier.

But instead, he uses Moira. A long established character who herself has had plenty of 'off screen time' with Xavier, before the X-Men were formed and during.

Just as Bendis had his cast train the OG X-Men, Hickman wants his to be to 'true' mythos of the X-Franchise, via retcon.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Again, everything you said was well-explained in HoX and P10 itself. The problem is that people decide their head canons are reality and come up with non-sense like "Xavier knew the Genosha Holocaust and the Mutant Massacre would happen and did nothing" and "Xavier never, ever believed in his dream" and then complain about Hickman for something he never wrote.

Chuck must have been really excited during Fatal Attractions then. You know, considering that was probably Magneto's single biggest terrorist act.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's hard to reconcile because Hickman wants to have his cake and eat it too.

He doesn't want to say outright that all canon prior doesn't matter, that Xavier didn't have a road map for everything up until now, yet why else would he pick Moira?

Dr. Kavita Rao would have far more easily fit the plot, without robbing the X-Men of their agency. Or a new character, who breaks down and comes to Xavier.
    Or Amelia Vought. That's what she's been doing standing in the background the whole time!