Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Is there a Stormwatch in the future ? (POSSIBLE SPOILER)

With the death of the Justice League coming in issue 75, do you think it could be a great way to introduce more Wildstorm & other DC characters via a Stormwatch series? Think about it the League died and the United Nations form a superhero team to ease the public. Personally, I always wanted to see a better version of Stormwatch (after the new 52) with Icon from Milestone & Battalion as members.
    Now Wildstorm, Milestone & DC fans be gentle I haven't had my coffee & still think it would a great idea.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    With the death of the Justice League coming in issue 75, do you think it could be a great way to introduce more Wildstorm & other DC characters via a Stormwatch series? Think about it the League died and the United Nations form a superhero team to ease the public. Personally, I always wanted to see a better version of Stormwatch (after the new 52) with Icon from Milestone & Battalion as members.
    Now Wildstorm, Milestone & DC fans be gentle I haven't had my coffee & still think it would a great idea.
    Same, I think there's a lane for this team. I see them as a step above SHIELD, and even a bridge between metas and human civilization.

Could be neat, I do wonder what characters they would use considering that they've scattered to the winds/taken in the Authority by Superman. But could be an interesting idea considering how many times events such as "the Justice League have gone missing" happen.

Not sure we can get Icon though, I would expect they use someone like Kenan Kong the Chinese Superman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I think Death of the League could be a great chance to put the spotlight on characters and teams that usually get lost/hidden in the League's shadow, so I'd be up for something like this. I dunno if we're gonna get anything like that, or if this will just be all about the Future State League roster, or something else entirely....but I'd welcome a good excuse to bring StormWatch *successfully* into the DCU.

I myself was thinking this would be a great time for the American government to draft the Justice Society again and push the team as the nation's premier protectors, now that the League is (will be) gone. I have a whole pitch in my head for that kind of approach, with Easy Company and Sgt Joe Rock (grandson of the original) and Argus as support crew for the heroes. The GI Robot Platoon and Haunted Tank and all those old war comics characters, and new heroes on the roster with ties to the military like Captain Atom, P.O.W. (remember him from Aquaman & The Others?), Batwoman.....

StormWatch could be the UN version of the same idea, I'd very much be cool with some version of them in the DCU. But that's a hard line to walk; the WildStorm stuff doesn't translate terribly well to DC, so I think you'd have to be careful about who you put on the team and what kind of things you do with them. But with the Authority name being used by Clark's Warworld strike force, and Midnighter, Apollo, Bendix, and Grifter all running around, there's definitely a chance of folding StormWatch in and making it work better than when DC tried it during the New52.

I wouldn't argue with the inclusion of some Milestone characters, Icon and Hardware both seem like they'd fit a DCU StormWatch fairly well. But given how poorly DC has handled those characters and IP it's probably for the best if Milestone remains apart from the rest.

I definitely agree with using Battalion. Who else would you want to include?
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-27-2022 at 07:38 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

DC didn't try to make a good Stormwatch book during the new 52 THEY MADE GARBAGE! a Stormwatch team should a UN based team with:
    Battalion
    Mera
    Arsenal
    Diva
    Farenheight
    Hellstrike
    Fuji
    Icon
    Barbara Gordon aka Oracle as the Weatherman
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

A StormWatch team coming out from the death of the Justice League would be something interesting to see. And kind of a twist considering than the death o Stormwatch was what gave birth to the Authority.
    However I don't think we would see the Milestone characters joining. They seem to be restricted to their own universe, as they are property of the creator themselves.
    I also would like to see some of the characters integrated but I would do something similar to what was done to the original Justice League International, a team than integrated different characters and gave the then reewed universe a sense of unity.

Of course StormWatch had to include Battalion (Jackson King) as field chief. The rest of the roster can vary:

Synergy.
    Jack Hawksmoor,
    Fuji,
    Impala of the Global Guardians,
    Swift,
    Majestic,
    Fire
    Simon Baaz as Green Lantern.
    Winter.
    ANd why noy, The Projectionist. She had potential.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I like the inclusions of Simon Baaz and Oracle. Both feel very appropriate.

I'd drop Batwoman (Kate) as a possible recruit too. Could be a good place for her, and if Babs were to be involved via Oracle, nobody is stepping on anyone else's toes.

As for Majestic, how do you mix the Daemonites and Kherb into the DCU? Those are pretty big wrinkles to add to DC cosmic; a huge space empire of tyrant Kryptonians who've been at war with hordes of white Martian proxies for eons is not something where you can easily say "they've always been here!" yknow?

I think if you were so inclined and not worried about the details you could mesh the Kherb with Almerac (home of Maxima). Both are vaguely Roman inspired space empires with vaguely similar powersets, and Almerac has been around a long time but is rarely used and we don't know much about it, so the Kherb mythos could fill in the blanks. Make Majestic the brother of Maxima and you've got a pretty interesting royal family. Maybe the Kherb race of the Almerac empire have rarely been used because they're too busy fighting the Daemonites, once a white Martian colony that broke off and built their own empire (akin to Krypton and Daxam, in some continuities)?

See, this is why I think a lot of WildStorm stuff is better in its own universe. StormWatch seems like it would fill a hole in the DCU that isn't really filled by anything worth mentioning, but tons of other stuff is recycled DC ideas and there's a ton of overlap to account for.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

My number one desire for a Stormwatch team in the future would be more Battalion. He was a great character. (I also liked Winter, of the original team.) But I'd want to mix it up with a few from other teams and countries, such as some Global Guardians (Tuatara, Green Fury/Fire) or Outsiders (Black Lightning, Katana) or non-Satellite-era Leaguers (Vixen, Booster Gold).

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A StormWatch team coming out from the death of the Justice League would be something interesting to see. And kind of a twist considering than the death o Stormwatch was what gave birth to the Authority.
    However I don't think we would see the Milestone characters joining. They seem to be restricted to their own universe, as they are property of the creator themselves.
    I also would like to see some of the characters integrated but I would do something similar to what was done to the original Justice League International, a team than integrated different characters and gave the then reewed universe a sense of unity.

Of course StormWatch had to include Battalion (Jackson King) as field chief. The rest of the roster can vary:

Synergy.
    Jack Hawksmoor,
    Fuji,
    Impala of the Global Guardians,
    Swift,
    Majestic,
    Fire
    Simon Baaz as Green Lantern.
    Winter.
    ANd why noy, The Projectionist. She had potential.
    I like the idea & I think Jackson King should come back to the team plus I would like to see Mera on this team along with Vixen, Flint, Arsenal, and Ice
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse