Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASM #88 Preview

Astonishing Member

Default ASM #88 Preview

THE THICK PLOTTENS

Ngl, I´m starting to like Maxine as a villain.

https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...-spider-man-88

I like the art with Queen Goblin through the glass, that looks cool... and I'd imagine pretty terrifying in real life.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I'm glad it's Osborn's sins. I may have not liked Spencer's run all that much, but you can't just pretend it didn't happen to begin with.
    The preview definitely looks pretty interesting.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I'm glad it's Osborn's sins. I may have not liked Spencer's run all that much, but you can't just pretend it didn't happen to begin with.
    The preview definitely looks pretty interesting.
    That is a cool detail! I was skimming over the dialogue and missed it!

Astonishing Member

Unrelated to the issue, but this site has a lot of annoying pop-up ads (or whatever the modern equivalent is called). They keep covering the pages and requiring me to refresh to get rid of them…

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Unrelated to the issue, but this site has a lot of annoying pop-up ads (or whatever the modern equivalent is called). They keep covering the pages and requiring me to refresh to get rid of them…
    Ben Reilly?
    Pop-up ads everywhere?
    Yeah, I think the 90s are back baby

Astonishing Member

Finally got through it. Looks interesting. Although ‘Goblin Queen’ flows better than ‘Queen Goblin’ imo (had that already been used?). Interesting use of a dangling thread from the Spencer run. I guess in the end it wasn’t a big mystery that this is Kafka after all. Maxine is a stone cold corporate b*tch. She reminds me a bit of Tilda Swinton’s character from ‘Michael Clayton’ if anyone has seen it. As someone else said, she’s growing on me. I thought she was a bit of a boring antagonist at first, but she’s definitely coming into her own as a force to be reckoned with. The art is good even though I’m generally not a fan of the ultra-realistic look so popular in comics nowadays.

Astonishing Member

Finally got through it. Looks interesting. Although ‘Goblin Queen’ flows better than ‘Queen Goblin’ imo (had that already been used?). Interesting use of a dangling thread from the Spencer run. I guess in the end it wasn’t a big mystery that this is Kafka after all. Maxine is a stone cold corporate b*tch. She reminds me a bit of Tilda Swinton’s character from ‘Michael Clayton’ if anyone has seen it. As someone else said, she’s growing on me. I thought she was a bit of a boring antagonist at first, but she’s definitely coming into her own as a force to be reckoned with. The art is good even though I’m generally not a fan of the ultra-realistic look so popular in comics nowadays.
    Never heard of Madelyne Pryor?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    Never heard of Madelyne Pryor?
    Oh right. Not a big X-reader. Oh well, it’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I dunno man, comic books can be pretty good at doing just that .

Just pick an adblock man lol.

Finally got through it. Looks interesting. Although ‘Goblin Queen’ flows better than ‘Queen Goblin’ imo (had that already been used?).
    As pointed out, Madelyne Pryor used Goblin Queen (Or it was Goblyn Queen, whatever), probably why Marvel decided to go for Queen Goblin.

Interesting use of a dangling thread from the Spencer run. I guess in the end it wasn’t a big mystery that this is Kafka after all.
    Honestly, after the previes and that cover saying QG is Kafka, I legit had mostly forgotten that QG was gonna happen for a while, just wasn't mentioned or hinted at until #87, with only a previous issue having that canister that may have been Norman's sins, which turned out to be the case lol.

Maxine is a stone cold corporate b*tch. She reminds me a bit of Tilda Swinton’s character from ‘Michael Clayton’ if anyone has seen it. As someone else said, she’s growing on me. I thought she was a bit of a boring antagonist at first, but she’s definitely coming into her own as a force to be reckoned with. The art is good even though I’m generally not a fan of the ultra-realistic look so popular in comics nowadays.
    What got me in the preview was the last line, her brief narrations were describing how her day is going, which was giving an idea of how she handles everything, then comes the last line, where she'll just go have lunch after releasing QG, I like when villains can be so casually evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    What got me in the preview was the last line, her brief narrations were describing how her day is going, which was giving an idea of how she handles everything, then comes the last line, where she'll just go have lunch after releasing QG, I like when villains can be so casually evil.
    I chuckled at the "Rattle the idiot" and the assuming full responsibilty parts. Also, THE ASSUMPTIONAUTS

Astonishing Member

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #90

• QUEEN GOBLIN IS TRIUMPHANT!
    • The Daily Bugle is decimated.
    • Can Ben Reilly bounce back and take down the Queen Goblin?

I guess we know where MJ is going to take the Drive, also Felicia is going to help her as she fights the QG in the previous issue

Did no one see the variant cover with the sketch of Queen Goblin? It has written on it ‘Ashley Kafka AKA the Queen Goblin’

Extraordinary Member

Beyond is up to no good???

I guess this is all of us....

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Did no one see the variant cover with the sketch of Queen Goblin? It has written on it ‘Ashley Kafka AKA the Queen Goblin’
    That one is old, it's how we've known for months that QG is Kafka lol.

Also,I noticed a small error, in the last page of the preview, the second panel has Kafka putting her right hand on the glass, then the next panel changes it to the left hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then