Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moving Planets! What was the last time this happened?

When was the last time a DC superhero moved a planet in a mainstream universe?

I've never been a fan of superheroes that walk amongst us also being able to move an entire planet or anything near that weight, but some fellow users complain from time to time about a particular character not doing it. Wasn't it somewhere around 2003?

Pretty sure Superman threw Warworld into the phantom zone a while back, in the New 52 Batman/Superman series.

Superman was designed to be a modern Samson at a minimum and a modern Hercules according to historical documentation of his creation. Thus he should wield the strength and raw power enough to move celestial bodies.

But we know physics and we know planets are not balloons. So we should never see the silliness of Superboy moving planets like they are balloons again.

Does he and others have the raw power and strength to theoretically do it? Absolutely. But they do not have the means absent something like what Loki did with Thor and the midgard serpent or what the demons three did with the moon.

The point wasn't to discuss whether they should or shouldn't move planets. The point was to establish how often a DC hero has done this the last few decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Superman was designed to be a modern Samson at a minimum and a modern Hercules according to historical documentation of his creation. Thus he should wield the strength and raw power enough to move celestial bodies.

But we know physics and we know planets are not balloons. So we should never see the silliness of Superboy moving planets like they are balloons again.
    Unless it's in a comic.

Granted, superheroes probably shouldn't even be able to fly in space.
    And if they could, stopping or starting back up again would likely be impossible.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The point wasn't to discuss whether they should or shouldn't move planets. The point was to establish how often a DC hero has done this the last few decades.
    Does teleporting a planet count?
    Rann got Zeta Beamed in Adam Strange: Planet Heist.
    But it wasn't a hero that did it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Incredible Member

I can just think on Superboy Prime moving planets previous to Infinite Crisis, and the Supermen from the Multiverse and GLC moving the Earth away from the hole on existence that Darkseid left.

Retired

On DOCTOR WHO, in 2008's "The Stolen Earth," Davros has abducted the Earth across the universe to the Medusa Cascade. In the following episode, "Journey's End," the Doctor uses the TARDIS to tow the Earth across the universe back to its orbit around the Sun.

Granted this isn't a comic book--although there are DOCTOR WHO comics and it's possible something like this has appeared in them--but when I saw that at the time, I was yelling at my T.V. screen--"Oh, COME ON!" Superman gets grief for pushing planets in his old comics--but this is perfectly fine? Then again there's supposed to be an entire star inside of the TARDIS.

Mighty Member

I don't know why our private message discussion seems to be gone, but if you truly think that 2003 was the last time a DC mainstream superhero has done something like that you can't read much of the heavy hitters, 1 of the most ridiculous examples in the last few decades was from Hal Jordan and happened in 2020:

And if you are not a fan of the types of superheroes Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns, Martian Manhunter, Orion and so on are that is fine, but i don't understand why you would want for them to be turned into weaklings instead of just reading weaker superheroes who are not supposed to be gods among mankind.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 01-30-2022 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I don't know why our private message discussion seems to be gone, but if you truly think that 2003 was the last time a DC mainstream superhero has done something like that you can't read much of the heavy hitters
    I wasn't talking about you specifically, there are multiple users that make this claim.

And if you are not a fan of the types of superheroes Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lanterns, Martian Manhunter, Orion and so on are that is fine, but i don't understand why you would want for them to be turedn into weaklings instead of just reading weaker superheroes who are not supposed to be gods among mankind.
    This thread wasn't about discussing whether they should ir shouldn't move planets. This was about discussing when have they.

I didn't ge through the full Grant Morrison run on Green Lantern. But yeah, that's certainly an example, although it's the Green Lantern ring, not super strength.

Anyway, are you familiar with those examples of Superman and Martian Manhunter moving planets for the last 15 years?
    Last edited by Alpha; 01-30-2022 at 02:34 AM.

This happened in one of the JLA runs.(JLA Vol. 1 #75)

That's 2003

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I wasn't talking about you specifically, there are multiple users that make this claim.

This thread wasn't about discussing whether they should ir shouldn't move planets. This was about discussing when have they.
    I know, i was just surprised that i could not find our private message discussion anymore

Ok.

I didn't get through the full Grant Morrison run on Green Lantern. But yeah, that's certainly an example, although it's the Green Lantern ring, not super strength.
    I don't see much difference between ring power and super strength?

Anyway, are you familiar with those examples of Superman and Martian Manhunter moving planets for the last 15 years?
    Yeah:

even though Martian Manhunter has just done it together with Superman and it was a giant mothership:

https://i.imgur.com/5yYENv5.jpeg
    https://i.imgur.com/yaBfznK.jpeg

but for what i am and probably the other users are truly talking about is the definition moving planets far too specific anyway, Flash as best example never moves planets, but many things he does are still far more ridiculous than just moving planets would be.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 01-30-2022 at 05:56 AM.

What are those issues?

Those images are too confusing, I don't understand what exactly is going on. I think I wanna read the stories themselves

Reminds me of the 90s when electric superman uses a machine at the watchtower to move the moon.

[IMG][/IMG]