Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

The idea is solid - a big, evil corporation gets "Diet Spider-man*" and uses him to their own ends, but the execution is weak and the issues themselves have mostly been the same thing recycled over and over.

After the first two issues, which felt rushed and lacking character or depth, actual progression has been glacially slow. Some issue have been downright painful to read due to appalling dialogue *cough*Otto&May*cough*.

Mostly the art has been pretty poor.

This is a quickly hashed together filler story and it really shows. As a big fan of Ben Reilly I really wanted to like this but I don't let my fandom excuse a poor/mediocre product.

On the plus side, it is probably the reason we got Ben Reilly: Spider-Man and issue #1 was fantastic.

*Sorry, but that is a hilarious line.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

i liked the first couple of issues enough

but even with my nostalgia in full swing, comic books have to compete with a lot of life stuff and other distractions in an adult's life and i haven't picked up an issue since... which might be an indication of the story's ability to grab me

think i'll wait for the tpb
    troo fan or death