Spectacular Member

Default Hulk (new series)

Used to be a Hulk fan...fell off the wagon, but noticed that a new series started in November with Ryan Ottley on pencils.....

Curious as to feedback and of its worth getting into?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsguru View Post
    Used to be a Hulk fan...fell off the wagon, but noticed that a new series started in November with Ryan Ottley on pencils.....

Curious as to feedback and of its worth getting into?
    Personally I already miss Ewing, in this two issues right now, i'm not impressed and I found it a bit of disappointed because I have no idea what Cates is doing.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Personally I already miss Ewing, in this two issues right now, i'm not impressed and I found it a bit of disappointed because I have no idea what Cates is doing.
    I agree. I was excited for Ottley's art, and so far, that's not an issue. Cates' work at Marvel has been mostly good, and I'm not saying he's ruining the Hulk or anything, but I just can't get into what he's offering so far. I lost all excitement after reading the second issue. I'm a completist, for the most part, so I'll continue to pick up the next three issues to get the first arc. I've already taken it off of my pull list. I'd recommend waiting for the trade to come out if you're on the fence or only have interest in the art.

So far the story is 3 issues in and it's just building up for something, not much else, and that's boring.

It's kinda sad because, what I noticed of Cates has his first arc being usually the best one, or at least to me, but this first arc is boring so far, it'd be nice if he pulls a reversal with the first arc being meh and the rest being alright though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then